FBI reopens Hillary email case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2016, 12:00 AM
RE: FBI reopens Hillary email case
Saw this while on a different Google image search, but it's seemed rather apropos.

[Image: fbi.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-11-2016, 02:04 AM
Hi,

On Comey's latest, this looks like an open and shut case. Smile

D.
07-11-2016, 02:26 AM
On a side line:

T Rump is complaining that the FBI cannot have read all those emails in the time since they were found.

I would guess that they do not "read" them all but search for key words electronically, as is done on social media to find trends. Thus, given a fast enough computer, they could get through them in days rather then weeks, even actually eyeballing any "catches".

Any IT types out there? I am just interested is all.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
07-11-2016, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 04:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-11-2016 02:26 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  On a side line:

T Rump is complaining that the FBI cannot have read all those emails in the time since they were found.

I would guess that they do not "read" them all but search for key words electronically, as is done on social media to find trends. Thus, given a fast enough computer, they could get through them in days rather then weeks, even actually eyeballing any "catches".

Depending on how many people they have looking at them? Plus, how many of those emails are no longer than a sentence or two? I have to email my manager at the end of every shit, and unless something has gone wrong, they get a sentence or two. How long would it take to read a few hundred or thousand of those? Probably would take more time tracking what has and has not been looked at already.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-11-2016, 04:01 AM
(07-11-2016 02:26 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  On a side line:

Last week they were saying there were 35,000 new emails found. Dumpster was using a 650,000 number yesterday, (a number he pulled out of his ass). 35,000 with electronic help and a dedicated team, (which he may have been told to assemble) .... yeah, they could have gone through that many.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-11-2016, 04:10 AM
(06-11-2016 04:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your point is ?
The Hatch Act is a LAW. Of course it's not a "criminal charge". I never said it was.
You are no lawyer. You have NO IDEA, what the fuck you're even blabbering about.
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/31/500115363/...i-director

While I am not a lawyer, I worked as a Federal investigator as a member of the Criminal Investigation Division of the U.S. Navy Security detachment at NAS Whidbey Island in the same office as NCIS. I understand federal law quite well. You are the one that specifically used the word "tried." Hatch Act violations are determined by a federal employees employer through an internal investigation and referred to the Office of Special Counsel. Punishments are minimal. Could get fired or a fine.

And I bet they had you work from home, in your mom's basement, and they had you listening with earphones to a line they set up ... "just sit here, and monitor this line for criminals, and keep your gun close by, in case you hear any spies talking". Uh huh.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-11-2016, 08:43 PM
(04-11-2016 03:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Anti-Hillary agents or pro-justice agents that are sick of having their hands tied?

"Pro-justice agents that are sick of having their hands tied", delivered un-ironically, is one of the most frightening things I've ever heard someone say, here. Do you seriously not get that the moment we allow "pro-justice agents" to "untie" their hands, we have ceased to be a free country? That is almost literally the definition of the death of freedom.

Anyway, I thought John Oliver covered the situation quite well. Starts at 1:35 in the video, after he makes fun of Hillary Clinton (hilariously).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
(07-11-2016 02:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I have to email my manager at the end of every shit, and unless something has gone wrong, they get a sentence or two.

Big Grin Please don't edit that.

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
07-11-2016, 08:49 PM
*Dog Dressed as a Walrus*.

I deserve that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces