FCC To Investigate Stephen Colbert Speech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 10:33 AM
FCC To Investigate Stephen Colbert Speech
For a show in which the comedian made jokes about Trump. One that Trump supporters did not like.

His program airs at an ungodly hour, but this has not deterred the FCC from going ahead with investigating it.
Quote:Pai’s comments on Colbert are surprising as “The Late Show” airs outside the FCC’s long-established “safe harbor” time frame of 6 am to 10 pm in which the commission has the authority to police allegations of indecent and obscene material on the airwaves. They would also seem to clash with Pai’s vow to maintain a lighter regulatory environment for media overall.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fcc-step...202410837/

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: FCC To Investigate Stephen Colbert Speech
This is the thing that annoys me...

The rules should apply to everyone or no one. Not just the people we dislike or disagree with.

I hope FCC doesn't fine him, because his show doesn't begin until 11:35pm -- I feel times have changed enough that it should be allowed. Otherwise it might be open season on any show, airing at any time people don't agree with.

But again, I haven't seen or heard what he said specifically, I've only read what others said he said.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2017, 11:28 AM
(06-05-2017 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is the thing that annoys me...

The rules should apply to everyone or no one. Not just the people we dislike or disagree with.

I hope FCC doesn't fine him, because his show doesn't begin until 11:35pm -- I feel times have changed enough that it should be allowed. Otherwise it might be open season on any show, airing at any time people don't agree with.

But again, I haven't seen or heard what he said specifically, I've only read what others said he said.

I think it's this portion here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaHwlSTqA7s&t=11m10s. At some point he says Trump's mouth is only good for being Putin's cock-holster. That apparently has hardened anti-PC warriors livid.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
06-05-2017, 11:38 AM
That's pretty racy but funny, not surprising it has people getting their panties in a wad.

I think Colbert will revel in it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2017, 11:47 AM
(06-05-2017 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is the thing that annoys me...

The FCC won't do anything about vulgarity on a late night show.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Many things I see on TV that anyone can see now, used to be rated "R". Admittedly I watch very little, but my family watches a lot, and I can't help but hear what is being said, on occasion. Considering what any person can go and see on the internet, I find even looking askance at Stephen Colbert to be the epitome of hypocrisy. Maybe they should start really investigating truth in advertising and put the loofa-faced shitgibbon in jail for lying. Fat chance, I know.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Don't like it when the crazy sjw do it, don't like it when trump lovers do it. It wasn't funny but he should be able to say what he wants.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-05-2017, 02:57 PM

Right wing crap. Chapel and South Park and Family Guy imply all sorts of humor kids really should not be viewing mid day. Even Full Frontal with Samantha Bee throws in some unfiltered words here and there.

This smacks of a personal beef on the Trump administration's part. Public airwaves vs private cable, Satellite TV and Satellite radio for that matter, get away with R language all the time with none of the restrictions public air waves have.

It is merely a matter of law not catching up with changing times or changing technology. The internet is far more widely unregulated as far as age appropriate content than public airwaves.

I do agree with rating systems and age content filters, but this is simply bullshit and a cheap shot. You look at all the vile crap Trump said during his run and even after his inauguration if he gets a "fuck you" Steve was simply responding to a dick. Maybe Trump shouldn't be a fucking dick.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2017, 03:11 PM
"the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

Joke of the year right there people.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
06-05-2017, 03:26 PM
So if tRump says it, no matter how reprehensible, it's fine.

If someone says something that tRump or the tRumpohiles don't like it can be seen as a punishable offense.

Got it...humor is now on the short list of things we must get rid of.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post