FCC To Investigate Stephen Colbert Speech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: FCC To Investigate Stephen Colbert Speech
(06-05-2017 11:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is the thing that annoys me...

The rules should apply to everyone or no one. Not just the people we dislike or disagree with.

I hope FCC doesn't fine him, because his show doesn't begin until 11:35pm -- I feel times have changed enough that it should be allowed. Otherwise it might be open season on any show, airing at any time people don't agree with.

But again, I haven't seen or heard what he said specifically, I've only read what others said he said.

The FCC won't do anything about vulgarity on a late night show.

That's not my point. The FCC is investigating it. That means there can be sanctions.

I don't know that the FCC won't fine him -- couple years ago, I could fairly safely make that claim (that they wouldn't)...today, I'm not so sure I would.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2017, 03:30 PM
(06-05-2017 03:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So if tRump says it, no matter how reprehensible, it's fine.

If someone says something that tRump or the tRumpohiles don't like it can be seen as a punishable offense.

Got it...humor is now on the short list of things we must get rid of.

Humor just against him. I imagine humor used agiant any president before him (maybe not Andrew Jackson) is fair game.

The FCC saying it's somehow worthy to investigate is worrisome.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2017, 03:30 PM
If the FCC doesn't do something the agency will probably be dismantled by the Cheeto in Chief.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-05-2017, 03:34 PM
(06-05-2017 03:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If the FCC doesn't do something the agency will probably be dismantled by the Cheeto in Chief.

Yes, that's exactly why I worry about fines.

That just leads to no where good.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2017, 08:46 PM
(06-05-2017 01:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Don't like it when the crazy sjw do it, don't like it when trump lovers do it. It wasn't funny but he should be able to say what he wants.

Son, if you don't find a joke that Trump's mouth is only good for being Putin's cock holster funny you have a serious lack of humor and need help.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
No doubt. Frankly, if Trump had said Hillary's mouth was only good for holstering Wall Street cock that would have been funny, too. It's a good joke. I'm glad Trump was on the receiving end of it. Colbert is really funny.
06-05-2017, 09:21 PM
I love how un-American censorship is yet those who claim to be Americans strongly support it one way or another.

06-05-2017, 11:25 PM
(06-05-2017 09:21 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I love how un-American censorship is yet those who claim to be Americans strongly support it one way or another.

It's far from unAmerican (viewing from the outside). But it is unconstitutional.

It depends on whether your definition of "America" is the prevailing culture (collection of behaviours) or the ideals / principles / values represented by 'the flag' / organisational ethics.

Censorship continues via the mighty dollar's impact on corporate owned media, advertising budgets and lobby-politics and also social pressure, political correctness and a "because I said so" moral authoritarianism.

Undecided

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-05-2017, 04:55 AM
(06-05-2017 09:21 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I love how un-American censorship is yet those who claim to be Americans strongly support it one way or another.

Who? 300million.

I support regulations and laws. I don't support a free for all. BUT at the same time I don't agree what Steve said was worth investigation and this is simply the Trump camp being spiteful because Steve has been a long time critic of the GOP.

Censorship is when you ban something outright. Regulations are like saying "You can go to a movie, but you cant shout FIRE". Regulations are you can make beer and drink beer but you cant sell it to a 5 year old".

They are not going to do anything to Steve in the end. But they are using antiquated laws still stuck in an age when we only had 3 networks and no cable or internet. Steve didn't say anything we don't see on the internet which is far more wide open than TV network.

It was late at night first off, secondly nothing he said implied a threat or called for violence. This is just a bunch of fucking crybaby GOP bitching to get the FCC to waste tax payer money. Trump during his run said far worse and his followers acted out on his words. Steve merely offended him.

The GOP does worry me though, they took this asshole demagogue's win, and this should concern everyone, not because of one man, but because of the GOP caring more about the win, instead of what the asshole did to get the win.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-05-2017, 05:26 AM
(06-05-2017 08:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 01:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Don't like it when the crazy sjw do it, don't like it when trump lovers do it. It wasn't funny but he should be able to say what he wants.

Son, if you don't find a joke that Trump's mouth is only good for being Putin's cock holster funny you have a serious lack of humor and need help.

I mean just because I like the word cock holster doesn't make the rest of it on point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube