FCC and Net Neutrality.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 07:44 PM
FCC and Net Neutrality.
I was going through my Deviantart messages, yes I draw in my freetime, and I got this:

http://danlev.deviantart.com/journal/Cre...-689661577

Proclaiming to me the FCC is looking to destroy what is called Net Neutrality and give it over to big companies who then can force the little guy down and pave over them as they have the money to do so. Well, this is wonderful.

Quote: The FCC wants to destroy net neutrality and give big cable companies control over what we see and do online. If they get their way, they’ll allow widespread throttling, blocking, censorship, extra fees and discrimination in favor of the rich publishers who can afford to pay for the fast lane.

So, I know by now most countries, mainly the US form what I've heard, has tried hard to take control of the Internet to sell it at the highest price. Many claim the internet is for everyone and shouldn't be censored just because someone doesn't like the truth or what other's opinions are. The fact that the internet is so big and people world wide use it. Giving one country control over it, or handing it over to big companies, isn't what people what.

Given how the internet has made it to where the common man can become a star or even make a bit of money off of art work, people feel scared that by allowing these business men in, it would mean the end of that. And, seeing as what has happened to Youtube, I to agree somewhat with this. These companies have the money, and are forcing those who can't keep up to die out. Making the internet like TV, only more in your face.
Isn't that going to be fun, I thought we went to the internet to get away from the idiocy of the TV?

"It's our way of saying, bend over just a little further, and let us stick this big dick into your ass a little bit deeper." - George Carlin.

I find myself liking my freedom of being on the internet, away from the politics and advertisement that TV has become (By choice, that if I want to see that stuff I can search it up in my own time.). I also like that the content I watch is something I like, not rammed into my mouth to fuck all the brain cells out.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
30-06-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: FCC and Net Neutrality.
I don't know how many people are aware of this, but what you know as "the internet" has been done before in the past and failed several times before, each failure was a direct result to government interference. IPV4 = Internet Protocol Version 4 for those who don't know, now that also refers to a number of other things including the current standard of IP addressing (which will one day be replaced by IPv6 IF people ever bother to get around to finishing the migration).'

Personally I don't think the internet is something that should be owned by any government or corporation... It's not the most common line of reasoning but I think the internet should be independently governed and owned by the people, there's a number of ways to do that and none of them are perfect. But ANY method is better than the one in the US without net neutrality protections. Your internet is about to get more expensive, more limited, slower, and have far more censorship than should be imaginable within this country (for those of you who live in the US)

The internet is a very fragile thing It can break again. And this is the fucking fastest way to do it. Maybe this time people will fucking learn and start pulling their heads out of their asses and understand that governments should NOT be allowed to fuck with the internet.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
30-06-2017, 08:39 PM
(30-06-2017 08:09 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I don't know how many people are aware of this, but what you know as "the internet" has been done before in the past and failed several times before, each failure was a direct result to government interference...

I'm not quite sure I understand this. Can you please elaborate. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-06-2017, 08:44 PM
(30-06-2017 08:39 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 08:09 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I don't know how many people are aware of this, but what you know as "the internet" has been done before in the past and failed several times before, each failure was a direct result to government interference...

Sure, I'll have to dig up old sources which could take time to find. However, they are reliable, It's something we covered back in college in one of my early computer science classes. Also... I kinda lived through it in a way, because of my dad's work I had access to the internet long before most people (like pre AOL days ect). In college my teacher wanted to impress upon us how fragile the internet really is because IT people and network engineers are the one's responsible for maintaining and keeping it running.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
30-06-2017, 08:53 PM
(30-06-2017 08:39 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Also, think about it this way. Image, how much gets uploaded a day onto the internet. For a quick thought, go onto Google and see how fast something comes up.
I typed in 'Cats' - Google said: About 842,000,000 results (0.88 seconds) And still going every few seconds.

That's fast, and alot. The government thinks they can control what can and can't be uploaded. Trying to bleed us dry of money by making Internet into TV.

However, can you imagine just how hard it is to control results, uploads, and posts on just a few computers? We already have problems keeping hackers out of NASA and FBI files, so what makes everyone (Mainly republicans) think they can hold the whole internet on just some computers?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
30-06-2017, 09:02 PM
(30-06-2017 08:53 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 08:39 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm not quite sure I understand this. Can you please elaborate. Thumbsup

Also, think about it this way. Image, how much gets uploaded a day onto the internet. For a quick thought, go onto Google and see how fast something comes up.
I typed in 'Cats' - Google said: About 842,000,000 results (0.88 seconds) And still going every few seconds.

That's fast, and alot. The government thinks they can control what can and can't be uploaded. Trying to bleed us dry of money by making Internet into TV.

However, can you imagine just how hard it is to control results, uploads, and posts on just a few computers? We already have problems keeping hackers out of NASA and FBI files, so what makes everyone (Mainly republicans) think they can hold the whole internet on just some computers?

China tries to do this, it doesn't work. North Korea tries to do this, it doesn't work (although there's is slightly more effective because they have very few potential connections to the out side to monitor, even still stuff does get in and out).

I could give lots of examples however I won't because I wouldn't want to potentially implicate anyone in any crimes, especially not people I might know.

Big Grin
01-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Not the FCC, the Trump administration. Put the blame where it belongs.