FDA bans preventative medicine to hide the cost of Obamacare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: FDA bans preventative medicine to hide the cost of Obamacare?
Do you check under your bed at night frankksj, looking for Boogey Obama's
[Image: obama%20loony%20toons_zps1b9b306a.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 11:24 AM
(05-12-2013 11:53 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Do you check under your bed at night frankksj, looking for Boogey Obama's

No sporehux. It's called "compassion". I don't live in the US anymore, and soon will have my 2nd citizenship. So this clusterfuck won't affect me. But I _DO_ fell sorry for the Americans who are shooting themselves in the foot with all these self-inflicted wounds like inequality, poverty, high unemployment, expense and poor quality health care, etc., etc.
07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
(30-11-2013 12:01 AM)frankksj Wrote:  It speaks volumes that you think "I don't know" is not a valid answer. It's the typical liberal mindset. You assume you MUST have an answer for everything. A liberal will NEVER say "I don't know"--it doesn't even register as a valid option. This is why I say libertarians and austrian economists are the scientists of the world, because we're smart enough to realize that we DON't have the answers, and therefore need to use logic and reason to come up with the most likely solution. Liberals, however, think they know everything. "fools are always so certain, but wise men so full of doubts".

The fact which both you and GirlyMan keep running from and refuse to address is that Obamacare DID absolutely introduce an extra incentive. That's indisputable, which is why you refuse to state whether it's accurate or not. You know you can't say it's inaccurate because you'll sound stupid. So you instead say it's irrelevant and bury your head in the sand.

How much of a factor this incentive is, I don't know. Was the FDA already 99.9% certain they were going to shut down 23andme, and was this little extra incentive the 0.1% straw that broke the camel's back and tipped them over? I don't know. Were they already 100% certain no matter what? I don't know. If Romney were President and Obamacare was scrapped would that have changed anything? I don't know.

What I _DO_ know is that Obamacare introduced an extra incentive. That fact is inescapable.

Would you please clarify this, so I'm not mistaken about what you're saying: You are saying, in no uncertain terms, that there is no evidence whatsoever that the ACA had anything whatsoever to do with this, and that any statement from you on whether or not it did is completely and utterly assumptions?
07-12-2013, 04:46 PM
(07-12-2013 03:19 PM)Elcarch Wrote:  Would you please clarify this, so I'm not mistaken about what you're saying: You are saying, in no uncertain terms, that there is no evidence whatsoever that the ACA had anything whatsoever to do with this, and that any statement from you on whether or not it did is completely and utterly assumptions?

One of the unintended consequences of Obamacare is that it DID add an extra incentive to shutdown 23andme. You can see from this thread none of the ACA-defenders are willing to address this. They are not disputing the logic or reasoning. They are just throwing insults and insisting I'm paranoid. And when I ask questions to challenge their assumptions, they run and refuse to answer.

How much of a factor Obamacare was in shutting down 23andme, I have no idea, and there's no way to find out. Did the Obama administration contact the FDA and say "Find a way to eliminate all unnecessary tests, and thus reduce health insurance premiums, until we get past this next election to minimize voter backlash"? I don't know. It's impossible to know since it would have happened behind closed doors and the politicians involved would deny it.

It always sounds like a conspiracy theory when you propose the government is doing secret things. Heck, if one year ago I said the NSA was intercepting everyone's emails, recording all our phone calls, and wiretapping the phones of friendly allies, everybody would have insisted I was a raving lunatic for suggesting something so preposterous. Now that it's been revealed, the same government-defenders who 1 year ago would have said it was such an egregious violation of our constitutional rights that it's unbelievable the government would do it, are now defending it. Therefore, I'm not going to even hypothesize how much of a factor Obamacare was in the decision to shut down the FDA. I am only stating the obvious, irrefutable fact that Obamacare introduced an incentive to do so.
07-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm not going to pretend this has anything to do with Obamacare, but this is government run amok. What the fucking fuck? This really pisses me off!

07-12-2013, 05:58 PM
(07-12-2013 04:46 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:19 PM)Elcarch Wrote:  Would you please clarify this, so I'm not mistaken about what you're saying: You are saying, in no uncertain terms, that there is no evidence whatsoever that the ACA had anything whatsoever to do with this, and that any statement from you on whether or not it did is completely and utterly assumptions?

One of the unintended consequences of Obamacare is that it DID add an extra incentive to shutdown 23andme. You can see from this thread none of the ACA-defenders are willing to address this. They are not disputing the logic or reasoning. They are just throwing insults and insisting I'm paranoid. And when I ask questions to challenge their assumptions, they run and refuse to answer.

How much of a factor Obamacare was in shutting down 23andme, I have no idea, and there's no way to find out. Did the Obama administration contact the FDA and say "Find a way to eliminate all unnecessary tests, and thus reduce health insurance premiums, until we get past this next election to minimize voter backlash"? I don't know. It's impossible to know since it would have happened behind closed doors and the politicians involved would deny it.

It always sounds like a conspiracy theory when you propose the government is doing secret things. Heck, if one year ago I said the NSA was intercepting everyone's emails, recording all our phone calls, and wiretapping the phones of friendly allies, everybody would have insisted I was a raving lunatic for suggesting something so preposterous. Now that it's been revealed, the same government-defenders who 1 year ago would have said it was such an egregious violation of our constitutional rights that it's unbelievable the government would do it, are now defending it. Therefore, I'm not going to even hypothesize how much of a factor Obamacare was in the decision to shut down the FDA. I am only stating the obvious, irrefutable fact that Obamacare introduced an incentive to do so.

So you are just making up paranoid shit about the ACA/23andme connection. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
(27-11-2013 08:23 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Of course I use inflammatory language so people actually read it. Smile

You will be nominated for best TTA fictitious thread, no doubt.
Of course you HAVE to do that.
[Image: boy_who_cried_wolf.jpg]
Of course you utterly FAILED to prove that the "FDA" does anything, or ever did anything with a united intention. You clearly live in a fantasy land, totally divorced form reality. The member of the committees hate each other's fucking guts, and would do ANYTHING to expose a rival as having an ulterior motive.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I dunno why you got your panties is such a bunch, folks. It was a headline to draw attention, and it did. Journalists do this type of bullshit all the time. It sells. "First Pregnant Man" may be the headline of a story about pregnant woman going through a sex change. It's a misleading title, but the facts in the OP were legit, weren't they? I haven't vetted them, so that isn't a rhetorical question.

07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
(07-12-2013 07:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I dunno why you got your panties is such a bunch, folks. It was a headline to draw attention, and it did. Journalists do this type of bullshit all the time. It sells. "First Pregnant Man" may be the headline of a story about pregnant woman going through a sex change. It's a misleading title, but the facts in the OP were legit, weren't they? I haven't vetted them, so that isn't a rhetorical question.

Misleading? How about it is a lie?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Bah, humbug!

It wasn't a statement, it was a presuppositional and intentionally misleading, but provocative question.