FFS, Mary Poppins? Why Disney???!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: FFS, Mary Poppins? Why Disney???!!!
With all the sequels and remakes --ya gotta wonder if maybe if Hollywood has been taken over by Baliwood.....

What with all the reincarnation.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2015, 10:07 AM
(15-09-2015 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Anyway, here's my shopping list:

Soup
A cauli
Fridge elastic
Eggs
Pea
Halitosis

Smartass
Dodgy
Oooooooh.
Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

Shy

Blink

Dodgy

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-09-2015, 10:42 AM
[Image: 0834097437626882.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
15-09-2015, 10:42 AM
(15-09-2015 09:15 AM)kim Wrote:  That Tom Hanks movie Finding Mr Banks was interesting to me - I always wondered about those weird nanny stories (there are several, Poppins, Ms Piggle-Wiggle, etc.,.).

I always felt the original Poppins film to be very complex - part happy fantasy, part uneasy reality - the "real world" thrust upon children. Disney actually pulled it off... something they probably couldn't do without the perfectionist expectations of Walter cracking the whip.

Even as a small child, I became concerned for the poverty of the old woman selling birdseed, and felt the desperation of the father - though I'm certain I had no idea of the extent of eithers' struggles.

In book form, those kinds of stories can help guide children through their thoughts about growing up. I don't know if that is so true with film - so much is often left out for the sake of time, entertainment, and of course, money.

The origional Poppins film achieved a certain level of complexity that balanced fairly well with musical fantasy. Since Walt's death, Disney's track record has been less about art, and more about money, with a capital MOUSE. So, when someone says 'sequel' all I can think is, they've either forgotten what the word "origional" means or they hope you have.
Hmm... Consider don't we have "Nanny McFee", these days? And what about "Lemoney Snicket" .... and the continuing (never-ending) adventures of that Potter boy ...? Jesustits - talk about jumping on the big bucks bandwagon!

If Disney pulls it off a second time with Poppins, integrity may gain some very long ago lost ground. I'm not placing any bets. Shy

Yep all this....

Walt Disney was quoted once saying he wasn't "Walt Disney" that person was a persona he created that didn't have vices. Walt drank and smoked and "Walt Disney" wouldn't do those things. Lol. That's also why he was insistent that Dsineyland never serve alcohol (and that's why Club 33 did -- before it allowed just about anyone who could afford it in -- it was a private place where he could entertain guests).

I've said for years and years Disney should do a biopic about Walt Disney.

I think the idea of "Walt" has gotten lost. Sadcryface

I also understand Diane Disney Miller was against it. She was very protective of her dad's image -- I don't blame her in that respect.

That's also why I loved visiting the Disney Museum in San Frqncisco -- it's really more about him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-09-2015, 11:03 AM
If you care about Mary Poppin's watch Saving Mr Banks.

"Author P.L. Travers reflects on her childhood after reluctantly meeting with Walt Disney, who seeks to adapt her Mary Poppins books for the big screen."

Edit, just to give credit, Kim mentioned this first. on the last post of the previous page.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
15-09-2015, 12:25 PM
(15-09-2015 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  On an unrelated note, I've just been shopping because it's Malaysia day tomorrow.

It's probably not safe to go out because protest marches have been scheduled and also the air quality is ghastly due to Indonesia being on fire again.

Also I have a dinner guest and I'm cooking my world famous cauliflower cheese.

Anyway... obviously I needed to purchase god's finest vegetable and I figured I should get some herbs to make a soup starter, maybe pea soup as a kinda joke because of the smog-filled atmosphere here.

Thing is, I have a couple of problems...
1. Inside the fridge are some compartment and one has this flap thingy and one hinge is broken so I needed to get something to fix it that won't mean it's permanently shut.
2. My guest is very sexy and I'm hoping to end up with at least a passionate kiss before the day's out. But I have a raging toothache and I'm worried that there's an infection that might give me bad breath. So I bought something for that.

Anyway, here's my shopping list:

Soup
A cauli
Fridge elastic
Eggs
Pea
Halitosis

Smartass

Sounds … quite … atrocious
15-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
15-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(15-09-2015 08:27 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 08:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That said, I didn't think Disney had the rights to her other books...so I'm not sure what kind of sequel it could be.....

As to the remake...No...no..no...

That movie was practically perfect in every way.

Tongue

But think of all the CGI they could do now. They could add so much in the background in that penguin scene and even add more scenes from stock footage with the chimney sweeps and edit it so that Bert shoots first and ......oh wait, wrong movie.
Yip, and they could add lots of explosion scenes and guns and even a redundant guitar guy that doubles as a flame thrower. Rather than make the movie really looooooong they would need to cut back on the story, perhaps remove some characters like the mother and one of the children, maybe even get rid of the chimney sweep guy and replace those talk scenes with more explosions. That would pander to this new generations short attention spans and need for high action high energy all the way through the movie.
15-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(15-09-2015 01:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 08:27 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  But think of all the CGI they could do now. They could add so much in the background in that penguin scene and even add more scenes from stock footage with the chimney sweeps and edit it so that Bert shoots first and ......oh wait, wrong movie.
Yip, and they could add lots of explosion scenes and guns and even a redundant guitar guy that doubles as a flame thrower. Rather than make the movie really looooooong they would need to cut back on the story, perhaps remove some characters like the mother and one of the children, maybe even get rid of the chimney sweep guy and replace those talk scenes with more explosions. That would pander to this new generations short attention spans and need for high action high energy all the way through the movie.

Michael Bay needs to be involved.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
15-09-2015, 05:02 PM
(15-09-2015 11:03 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  If you care about Mary Poppin's watch Saving Mr Banks.

"Author P.L. Travers reflects on her childhood after reluctantly meeting with Walt Disney, who seeks to adapt her Mary Poppins books for the big screen."
---

Oops
- Saving Mr Banks. Duh. Knew it was something like that. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post