FFS, Mary Poppins? Why Disney???!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: FFS, Mary Poppins? Why Disney???!!!
Can anyone think of a remake that is actually as good or better than the original?

I haven't gone to see a new movie in ages, nothing looks appealing. Same stuff recycled. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 05:52 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(15-09-2015 05:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Can anyone think of a remake that is actually as good or better than the original?

I haven't gone to see a new movie in ages, nothing looks appealing. Same stuff recycled. Undecided

Actually there are quite a few old movies that were remade, but by old I mean they were originally made in the late 30s and remade in the 40s...Like The Maltese Falcon was a remake. The original I think was lost but the remake with Bogsrt was all kinds of awesome.

As far as actual titles, I do recall one of the remakes of Inherit The Wind was really good.

But I also think the one with Spencer Tracy was a remake also....can't recall. Also True Grit...I actually liked the remake a little better.

I can't think of any recent remakes (actual remakes not a reboot like Planet or the Apes, Star Trek, or superhero, mad max) that were worth a damn.

Some of the reboots have been kinda good.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Ooooh and the remake of Little Shop of Horrors was, in my opinion better than the original.

15-09-2015, 06:37 PM
(15-09-2015 07:13 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  So, the sleazebags in the movie industry just can't help shitting on classic movies. Disney is going to make a sequel to Mary Poppins. It is apparently going to take place 20 years later and come out on video the day after it releases (I added that).

Fuck you Disney.

Eh, it's not like they could make it any worse than the original was.

Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-09-2015, 07:06 PM
(15-09-2015 05:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Can anyone think of a remake that is actually as good or better than the original?

John Carpenter's "The Thing"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-09-2015, 07:10 PM
(15-09-2015 07:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

John Carpenter's "The Thing"

Oh that was a good one too....

Along those lines, lots of people liked the remake of the fly better than the original.

But I dunno...I loved the campiness of the original.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-09-2015, 05:10 AM
(15-09-2015 07:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 07:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  John Carpenter's "The Thing"

Oh that was a good one too....

Along those lines, lots of people liked the remake of the fly better than the original.

But I dunno...I loved the campiness of the original.

They are both great and vastly different in approach to me. The little fly in the original shrieking Heelp Mee is hilarious & quite fitting of that Vincent Price era horror style.

I can think of remakes/reboots good but I'm curious now to think of long time leaping sequels being good.

That Tim Burton Alice In Wonderland is basically a sequel of this nature and that was mostly just middling not great or bad. Sometimes they do comedy sequels a decade or so later and I don't think those work out well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-09-2015, 07:00 AM
(15-09-2015 06:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Eh, it's not like they could make it any worse than the original was.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: image.png]

I loved listening to Julie Andrews talking about chimneys.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac