FLDS floods...Goddiddit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 07:26 AM
RE: FLDS floods...Goddiddit.
(18-09-2015 02:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:05 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Lie? As in, a deliberate deception? I'm sure that accounts for some of these scares, but more of them sound more like overenthusiastic misinterpretation and confidently believing stuff on the basis of little or no evidence just because that's your community's tradition. No deliberate deception required.
To speak uncertainty is in, and of itself is a lie to ones self that would lead to manipulation, and negativity with a false facade. Not justifiable or good and henceforth bad, in nature and effect.

Manipulation is all around hidden in dark corners. Truth and time will bring these things to light. Patience is a huge piece to the simple riddle of peace.

Not sure I'm parsing your sentence correctly, but by "speak uncertainty" do you mean "assert as true something you are not confident of?" If that's the case, it doesn't cover what I'm speaking about -- these people would be fully, confidently convinced. WRONG, but confident and convinced.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: FLDS floods...Goddiddit.
(16-09-2015 11:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 11:30 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, Mormons are such silly people. Good thing they're not "true" Christians. Whew!

Good thing they think they are, just as much as YOU are sure you are. Therefore they are, in every sense of the word. YOU were not given the authority to JUDGE anything, Q.

No, sorry, I've met Mormons who say Christians who aren't Mormons are the whore of Babylon--and others who say they are better than Christians. You are again lacking the facts.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply