FML

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2013, 08:53 PM
FML
Didn't realize hubby had developed a gambling problem and is about to lose the house, I will not live in a cardboard box with him.

Needed some stress...things were kinda calm for a while.

Seriously considering divorce and hoping cat food tastes better than I expect it too.

Crap! Happy freaking new year.

Going to try to keep it together for work and school. BLAH!

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: FML
(26-01-2013 08:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Didn't realize hubby had developed a gambling problem and is about to lose the house, I will not live in a cardboard box with him.

Needed some stress...things were kinda calm for a while.

Seriously considering divorce and hoping cat food tastes better than I expect it too.

Crap! Happy freaking new year.

Going to try to keep it together for work and school. BLAH!
Divorce might lower your stress in the long run.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2013, 09:24 PM
That's really awful, Anj. How dare he do that to you Sad

I'd say that now is the time to say ciao to the emotional baggage that is your husband. The children are grown and you owe it to yourself 'cos you deserve way better than this Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
26-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Wow that sucks balls.

Gambling addiction is a horrible problem, it is certainly a big problem in this country.
I think you should seek help for him, or get him to seek help for his addicting.

Divorce is perhaps the initial reaction, but if you still love him then it may be the wrong one. Especially when the problem, gambling, can be "cured".

It's a tough one.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-01-2013, 11:12 PM
(26-01-2013 09:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wow that sucks balls.

Gambling addiction is a horrible problem, it is certainly a big problem in this country.
I think you should seek help for him, or get him to seek help for his addicting.

Divorce is perhaps the initial reaction, but if you still love him then it may be the wrong one. Especially when the problem, gambling, can be "cured".

It's a tough one.
Even if he were to get over the gambling, something else would take it's place. I'm tired of the BS. Nearly 21 years of 'I'm tired'.

I asked Girly to adopt me...wonder if my room's ready.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
27-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Well fair enough, when enough is enough, enough is enough.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
27-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Anj, I don't really know your situation, but I seem to recall you mentioning something about your husband being hypochondriac (sorry if I'm confusing stuff) and a negative person. When a relationship is causing more stress than comfort and security, it's probably best to leave it. Relationships are supposed to give you support, strength and peace, not drain it away.

Put your own peace of mind first and then decide what to do.

Good luck.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-01-2013, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 03:35 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-01-2013 11:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I asked Girly to adopt me...wonder if my room's ready.

Yup. Just finished repainting it. It's a nice 10'x12' room with its own private bath, leather wrap-around sofa, and a bigass walk-in closet. ... oops just checked and one of the neighborhood kids apparently is trying to establish squatter's rights to the closet 'cause he's sleeping in it now. He's a nice enough kid, though. Thumbsup

Don't get gambling. Drinking? Yup, I can relate. Drugs? Yup, I can see it. Gambling? Nope, just don't get it.

This is not my signature.
27-01-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm a big fan of fighting for the relationship, as long as there is a relationship to save.

But when there's nothing left, well, you know why divorce is so expensive, don't you?

Because it's worth it.

Joking aside, I really am a big fan of fixing what can be fixed, so my advice is to always start there - only you can decide when there's nothing left to fix. I hope for your sake that's not the case.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
27-01-2013, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 05:28 AM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2013 03:50 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I'm a big fan of fighting for the relationship, as long as there is a relationship to save.

But when there's nothing left, well, you know why divorce is so expensive, don't you?
Because it's worth it.

Joking aside, I really am a big fan of fixing what can be fixed, so my advice is to always start there - only you can decide when there's nothing left to fix. I hope for your sake that's not the case.

My brother, Senior Vice President of Actuaries for MetLife Pacific, is going through divorce proceedings now. For him, infidelity was the straw that broke his camel's back. Don't think that straw would break Girly's back. But we all got different backs.

This is not my signature.