FML

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: FML
(08-12-2013 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are no plumbers that do emergency calls!

Hell, I work for an HVAC company...if weather is extreme and someone is without heat/air, they go straight to the top of the list.

There are I'm told thousands of people affected and only so many plumbers. Our area is unincorporated, county said to turn off water to the house and gave us some "area shelters".

Right now there are hundreds at the top of the list.

Husband just went to home Depot. He thinks he can fix it -- if they have the pipe. All the drywall will have to come out on that part of the garage too.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 08:09 PM
(08-12-2013 07:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 07:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Shocking just before Christmas Eve? Can they really have that many people ahead of u in line that are in just as bad of a situation? That really sucks!! Hug

I went into the garage to throw away some trash and heard the sound of water running...not like the washer was draining but fucking rushing. I look down and there's water in the garage.

Go outside and there's a flood of water. So not good., hubby's been watching that American Horror story all day he said that heard water running an hour ago but figured I was doing wash. Who knows how long it's been going on.

We normally have overnight lows in the 30's With highs above freezing.

Yesterday our high was 20 and our overnight low was 9. Fahrenheit. Too many people like us I guess the good places that offer 24 hour plumbing are too busy. Some places aren't even answering their phones. Others said they'll help us with clog but they don't do frozen pipes. Yanno like they're not real plumbers.

Just a side note:

Why is also the moment we haven't any water, eveyone said they needed to shit?

Just in case!
[Image: IbYCLD3.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Fortunately, it looks like your hubby's gonna be able to fix it. Most people are afraid to open a wall up so the hard (scary) part is already done.

I spy PVC pipe. Easy day. Cut it, splice it, turn it back on. Plumbers are overpaid sometimes.
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post
08-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Dems apples.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-12-2013, 08:26 PM
(08-12-2013 08:15 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Fortunately, it looks like your hubby's gonna be able to fix it. Most people are afraid to open a wall up so the hard (scary) part is already done.

I spy PVC pipe. Easy day. Cut it, splice it, turn it back on. Plumbers are overpaid sometimes.

He said its been spliced once before and the splice failed. It goes to outside faucet so he's going to cap it and hopefully we can have water by tomorrow morning....

I know nothing but he's built breweries and installed sinks for brewing so I have to trust him.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, hell. You're all set. Cap it and then EVERYONE SHITS TOMORROW!
[+] 3 users Like Regular_Joe's post
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
(08-12-2013 07:56 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh that Sucks!
Angry
Oh that Sucks!
Sadcryface
Oh that Sucks!
Sadcryface2

SUCKS!

PS Call your homeowner insurance Co. Tell them No plumber will show up till Xmas eve. Watch how fast someone calls you back. Hope this helps. Worked for me once years ago. Dunno - customer service aint's what it used to be.

THAT SUCKS!!! AngryAngryAngry I'm Fcuking mad For You! Grrrrr Angry

Thanks sweetie! The plumbers that did answer their phones were sympathic at least. Their phones have all been ringing off the hook since this cold snap began.

08-12-2013, 08:41 PM
(08-12-2013 07:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck that shit. The caveman said he's going to try to fix it himself.

Wait, what?

I think that period should be 2 words to the left.
As in: Fuck. That Caveman is going to try and fix it.

Oh, and we Cavemen don't use money.
So we'll have to find some other kind of... Arrangement.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
08-12-2013, 08:45 PM
(08-12-2013 08:41 PM)Caveman Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 07:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck that shit. The caveman said he's going to try to fix it himself.

Wait, what?

I think that period should be 2 words to the left.
As in: Fuck. That Caveman is going to try and fix it.

Oh, and we Cavemen don't use money.
So we'll have to find some other kind of... Arrangement.

If my Caveman fixes it so we have all our water needs covered....I'll gladly settle the debt.

08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
So it should read, "Fuck. That shit the Caveman said he's going to try to fix it himself"?
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post