FML

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: FML
(08-12-2013 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 08:41 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Wait, what?

I think that period should be 2 words to the left.
As in: Fuck. That Caveman is going to try and fix it.

Oh, and we Cavemen don't use money.
So we'll have to find some other kind of... Arrangement.

If my Caveman fixes it so we have all our water needs covered....I'll gladly settle the debt.

Mom, you're amazing. I would have commented about tool size or something. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
08-12-2013, 09:13 PM
(08-12-2013 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are no plumbers that do emergency calls!

Hell, I work for an HVAC company...if weather is extreme and someone is without heat/air, they go straight to the top of the list.

That's the other thing. Someone told me that older homes often use old heat like hot water pumps to heat their homes. So there are some people without heat too from ruptured pipes elsewhere.

I guess we're lucky in that respect.

In any event I really hope the toilets can flush on their own. Seriously, the caveman is getting burritos for dinner....

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

08-12-2013, 09:15 PM
(08-12-2013 08:48 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If my Caveman fixes it so we have all our water needs covered....I'll gladly settle the debt.

Mom, you're amazing. I would have commented about tool size or something. Big Grin

Get out of my head! I thought about that after...

08-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I live in a sorta old place, and pipes here bust once every month or too. It happens so often, it's annoying. We've lived in the same place for five years and it's gotten quite ridiculous. The landlord and her friend that repair the place and keep it in shape for us typically fix it cheaply, so the fix never lasts long at all. Because of all the leaks and pipe busts, I've missed school on a couple of occasions due to not being able to shower or brush my teeth. We've also had problems with mold and mildew.

It sucks. Sad
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM
(08-12-2013 09:28 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I live in a sorta old place, and pipes here bust once every month or too. It happens so often, it's annoying. We've lived in the same place for five years and it's gotten quite ridiculous. The landlord and her friend that repair the place and keep it in shape for us typically fix it cheaply, so the fix never lasts long at all. Because of all the leaks and pipe busts, I've missed school on a couple of occasions due to not being able to shower or brush my teeth. We've also had problems with mold and mildew.

It sucks. Sad

That's awful! I'm sorry Sad

When I lived in California we always lived in poorly insulated, older homes...mold was a constant battle we never throroughly conquered.

Hug Ferdi

08-12-2013, 10:55 PM
It's nervewracking but the cap is working.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Yuck! That sucks. I saw all the ice storms everywhere on the news, brutal! Hope it's at least manageable until a permanent fix is sorted out. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-12-2013, 08:01 PM
(09-12-2013 07:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yuck! That sucks. I saw all the ice storms everywhere on the news, brutal! Hope it's at least manageable until a permanent fix is sorted out. Hug
The wall is open and stuff but we've got water in the rest of the house.

I'm happy! At least it's not pouring out of the wall. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Yay!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
(08-12-2013 07:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 07:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Shocking just before Christmas Eve? Can they really have that many people ahead of u in line that are in just as bad of a situation? That really sucks!! Hug

I went into the garage to throw away some trash and heard the sound of water running...not like the washer was draining but fucking rushing. I look down and there's water in the garage.

Go outside and there's a flood of water. So not good., hubby's been watching that American Horror story all day he said that heard water running an hour ago but figured I was doing wash. Who knows how long it's been going on.

We normally have overnight lows in the 30's With highs above freezing.

Yesterday our high was 20 and our overnight low was 9. Fahrenheit. Too many people like us I guess the good places that offer 24 hour plumbing are too busy. Some places aren't even answering their phones. Others said they'll help us with clog but they don't do frozen pipes. Yanno like they're not real plumbers.

Just a side note:

Why is also the moment we haven't any water, eveyone said they needed to shit?

Oh, hell, at least it didn't dump in the HOUSE, which has happened to me twice. It's so much FUN getting your P.A. gear soaked. Grrrr Grrrr Grrr...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop