FML

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: FML
(09-12-2013 08:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 07:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yuck! That sucks. I saw all the ice storms everywhere on the news, brutal! Hope it's at least manageable until a permanent fix is sorted out. Hug
The wall is open and stuff but we've got water in the rest of the house.

I'm happy! At least it's not pouring out of the wall. Smile

OOPS guess I spoke too soon...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Mom

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Suggest you look into getting some heat tape for your pipes. It's basically tape with wires into it and you wrap it around pipes. You plug it in and it keeps them warm. My kitchen has an extension and the pipes run into a crawl space that is not fully insulated. To prevent them from freezing, we have them wrapped in heat tape. I plut it in in late October and un-plug it in April. I crawl underneath every now and again to make sure the tape is working as it's been there for years and years.

Anywa, something to look into to help avoid this happening again. Obviously, if you have a pipe in a wall then you may be stuck but if there is any piping exposed that you can reach I'd suggest looking into it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
09-12-2013, 08:47 PM
(09-12-2013 08:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 07:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I went into the garage to throw away some trash and heard the sound of water running...not like the washer was draining but fucking rushing. I look down and there's water in the garage.

Go outside and there's a flood of water. So not good., hubby's been watching that American Horror story all day he said that heard water running an hour ago but figured I was doing wash. Who knows how long it's been going on.

We normally have overnight lows in the 30's With highs above freezing.

Yesterday our high was 20 and our overnight low was 9. Fahrenheit. Too many people like us I guess the good places that offer 24 hour plumbing are too busy. Some places aren't even answering their phones. Others said they'll help us with clog but they don't do frozen pipes. Yanno like they're not real plumbers.

Just a side note:

Why is also the moment we haven't any water, eveyone said they needed to shit?

Oh, hell, at least it didn't dump in the HOUSE, which has happened to me twice. It's so much FUN getting your P.A. gear soaked. Grrrr Grrrr Grrr...

Oh I would cry. No words.

Hug tho because I can sympathize.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
(09-12-2013 08:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  Mom

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Suggest you look into getting some heat tape for your pipes. It's basically tape with wires into it and you wrap it around pipes. You plug it in and it keeps them warm. My kitchen has an extension and the pipes run into a crawl space that is not fully insulated. To prevent them from freezing, we have them wrapped in heat tape. I plut it in in late October and un-plug it in April. I crawl underneath every now and again to make sure the tape is working as it's been there for years and years.

Anywa, something to look into to help avoid this happening again. Obviously, if you have a pipe in a wall then you may be stuck but if there is any piping exposed that you can reach I'd suggest looking into it.

What an awesome suggestion. I'm totally going to mention this to the Caveman! We have some exposed pipes under the sink that go under the floor. Thumbsup

09-12-2013, 09:30 PM
(09-12-2013 08:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 08:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  Mom

What an awesome suggestion. I'm totally going to mention this to the Caveman! We have some exposed pipes under the sink that go under the floor. Thumbsup

Until you can do that, the other trick is to leave the faucet dripping during the cold snap - the water flows and reduces the likelihood of it freezing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Since a lot of the older homes here weren't built with the greatest insulation, we leave a couple faucets dripping when it gets really cold...one upstairs and one down.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-12-2013, 10:59 AM
(09-12-2013 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 08:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What an awesome suggestion. I'm totally going to mention this to the Caveman! We have some exposed pipes under the sink that go under the floor. Thumbsup

Until you can do that, the other trick is to leave the faucet dripping during the cold snap - the water flows and reduces the likelihood of it freezing.

Yes, and to be honest we weren't doing that. I guess we became a bit complacent. We don't get this many days of awful cold. Normally it's like one or two days. But this is has been a good deal longer...And I just remembered that I need to check the fridge in the garage. When the temperatures get too cold the freezer out there stops working...SHIT!

(09-12-2013 09:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since a lot of the older homes here weren't built with the greatest insulation, we leave a couple faucets dripping when it gets really cold...one upstairs and one down.

That's the plan. Although our house isn't older...it was built in 1996. There was a lot of insulation in that area of that pipe It seemed it had been repaired before and the repair failed.