FREE GAMES FTW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: FREE GAMES FTW
Yeah so after having issues with Fallout 3 for PC (used to have the one for 360) and deciding that bethesda is a bunch of jerks, I went out and bought Brink due to it's cheapness, but it won't work for me either. My fault this time, as I wasn't paying attention to the requirements which is a pain in the ass console gamers are usually spared. I miss console gaming for the first time since quitting two years ago.
However I did stat playing a free FPS called Project Blackout. It's pretty basic, but good. It launches quickly and runs smoothly. I like it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
14-12-2011, 06:12 PM
(12-12-2011 01:29 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 01:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Thanks for Spelunky, it's pretty good. Though I died in the tutorial by blowing myself up with bombs. And I hit myself in the head with a rock. It's good old school style gaming.

Yeah, it's a nice throw-back. For the full effect, if you have a controller, it's nice to plug that in and place with a controller/gaming pad. Makes me think back to my old NES days. Big Grin

I just found Spelunky. It reminds me of really Old School Dig Dug, one of the first PC games I ever played.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Good free game: Regnum online. Love it. You can spend real money on this game but you don't have to. Lot's of quests, interesting because there actually is a storyline. Well thought through and balanced gameplay.

Ok free game: Dead frontier. Good when you are annoyed or so, cause all you do in that game is killing zombies.

Free game in Beta afaik: The Mana world. Graphics reminds you of SNES, looks sweet but definitely too much drama between players as well as Devs. A few quests. Classes not well balanced, drop rates, monster spawning etc, all not well balanced. But it is not ready done anyway.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
20-12-2011, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 06:23 AM by Filox.)
Hey Lucradis, as usual, Filox has a solution for you.

The biggest and bestest site for thousands of great online flash games is http://www.kongregate.com . I am a regular member there for a couple of years, you can find me by the name TheRealFilox. The site has all sorts of games, too much to count, so jump right in. You do not need to be registered, but if you are, you can collect some stupid badges that got me hook on the bloody site in the first place. My first suggestion would be to try Dolphin Olympics 2, that was my first one on Kongregate and after that I stayed.

My other suggestion is to give torrents a try. For example, SKIDROW editions have only one option, you choose the instal directory and press INSTALL, the game is instaled, patched and cracked without you doing anything. Most other torrent downloaded games have a CRACK directory, and once the game is installed, you just copy/paste the files from CRACK directory into your GAME directory. So what you need is the most basic knowledge of using Windows and copy/pasting. Every downloaded game has instructions how to install it.

Oh yeah, most of them come as an image (.iso) file, so you need either to mount it using something like Deamon Tools, or you burn it to the DVD, then install it using readme.txt.

You are now Admin on this site, if you do not know how to download and install cracked game, then I do not think you know enough about computers to be an admin of one big and popular forum as this one. Don't get me wrong, I think you are great, but I am well aware of the knowledge you need to be an admin. Cracking games is the most basic thing you can do.

Anything else? Feel free to ask me on http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...lox?page=5

Thank you for your patience.

P.S.

For security reasons, can someone from USA tell me (and the rest of the forum) does anyone keep track of what you are downloading, meaning, can you get caught by the police for downloading torrents? If you can, then we would need to protect you before we start downloading. I know that Azureus (a bitorrent client) had that protection years ago, I'm sure that uTorrent and Bitorrent have something similar as well, of course, if that is the case, Filox will look into it and give you all the solutions needed. Luckily for me, our police has no idea how to track us here, so I am free to steal*khm*download whatever I want/like. Of course, if I really like something and have money, I buy it. For example, I want ALL the Fallouts, original DVDs and I will buy them, but if I haven't downloaded and played them, I would have no idea how good the games are and I would never buy them.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-12-2011, 10:29 AM
My mate keeps getting me to try and play this

http://worldoftanks.eu

He is hopelessly addicted to it whilst I am hopelessy addicted to Battlefield 3 on my xbox.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh Filox, silly Filox.

Stealing is illegal and immoral. You should be ashamed of yourself for basically telling the churchies they are right.
I was more referencing legal to play games. Kongregate is a good site, but I got bored of it's type of games about a year ago. There are some great games, but as far as flash goes the majority of games lack depth. As for badges, I was also addicted to getting them. It's like xbox achievements. Pointlessly alluring.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
21-12-2011, 07:14 AM
I know that it is wrong, but you asked for some games, I gave you a choice, what you do is your own choice. And the price of the original games is a bit too high for our standards, you can not compare the prices and salary in USA and here in Croatia. When I'm rich, I will buy the originals, I'm not an asshole, not a complete one at least. You have lower prices, bigger salary, it much easier for you to be righteous an moral.

Smile

Oh yeah, isn't Americas Army a free game, and a good one at that?

-Hunter S. Thompson
21-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I was only kidding, besides I'm not American or rich by any means. It's also not illegal here in canada to download, though our internet companies like to send out letters saying it is. The only thing illegal is selling downloaded material. So far.

Yes Americas Army is free to play, though last I heard it was being taken down for some reason, knowing America... probably a funding issue. I wouldn't fund it.

Also being moral, is never the easy option.

22-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Oh, Canadian, what a mistaken I maken. Sorry about this. And even if you are not rich, you still have better salary and lower prices than I do in Croatia. You live in Canada, and no matter what you think, it is one of the best countries in the world, at least that is how we from this area look at Canada.

Anyway, need protection for illegal things? I'm the guy.

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
06-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Well , there are lots of free games if you think about it , try : Battle for Wesnoth , Cube 2 , Megaglest , do a search for free -mmos if you like that sort of thing (warning that they all suck at one point if you don't pay for some items - mini transaction model - seen it even in web broswer games) Majesty Heroes of Ardania (browser game but nice - no micro caca) you could also check out websites such as Abandonia or Abandonia Reloaded .
And if you get a chance , hit any linux website. Most games on Linux are free or open source and most of the developers have the decency to port to another platform.

Also , you could try console games , get an emulator and google some roms. (Not sure about legality but some arcade games aged well )

Also , there is addictinggames if you want just a few minutes of mindless fun.

(22-12-2011 06:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  Anyway, need protection for illegal things? I'm the guy.
Smile

Teach me master !

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin