FSM caught on video!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 01:34 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
FSM caught on video!!!!!!!
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2...lan-coast/

A team from BP was carrying out routine operations near an oil well, using a remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) at a depth of 1325 metres, when they spotted the creature, which they nicknamed the flying spaghetti monster. Intrigued, they sent footage of it to Daniel Jones from the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton, UK.

A deep-sea animal researcher, Jones is involved with the Serpent project, a collaboration with ROV teams from oil and gas companies to catalogue ocean life. Jones identified it as a siphonophore.

Philip Pugh, one of Jones’s colleagues, pinned it down precisely. After noticing that the tentacles do not have side branches, he deduced that it was a specimen of Bathyphysa conifera.

Siphonophores belong to a group of aquatic animals that include corals and jellyfish. Specimens up to 40 metres long have been found, making them among the world’s longest animals.

Other bizarre-looking animals have recently been filmed underwater. A giant glowing sea worm was caught lighting up the ocean in a rare sighting. The hollow, tube-like invertebrates can sometimes be as big as a whale.

At the end of last year, a never-seen-before fish nicknamed “sea ghost” due to its ethereal appearance, broke the depth record for fish. It was captured on video in the Mariana trench in the Pacific Ocean, a whopping 8143 metres below the surface.

----------------------------------------------------------
Take THAT jebus freaks, got jesus on a video? huh...huh? Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
07-08-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: FSM caught on video!!!!!!!
The flying spaghetti monster has blessed us with his appearance, All HAIL the flying spaghetti monster may his noodlly appendage comfort you

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
07-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I think there's been an error. This is very clearly the FLOATING Spaghetti Monster. He rules the underworld while our beloved FSM (who is his cousin on his brother's side) rules over the heavens.

Cool

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
07-08-2015, 02:12 PM
(07-08-2015 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think there's been an error. This is very clearly the FLOATING Spaghetti Monster. He rules the underworld while our beloved FSM (who is his cousin on his brother's side) rules over the heavens.

Cool

So they found JESUS! Big Grin The "son" of "god" Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
07-08-2015, 05:57 PM
(07-08-2015 02:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think there's been an error. This is very clearly the FLOATING Spaghetti Monster. He rules the underworld while our beloved FSM (who is his cousin on his brother's side) rules over the heavens.

Cool

So they found JESUS! Big Grin The "son" of "god" Laugh out load

I think you mean Cheesus.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-08-2015, 06:36 PM
I feel so blessed! Praise FSM Bowing
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 06:55 PM
This is clearly FSM's son. Sent to earth so that he can offer us his meatball blessings! Let it be prophesied that the FSM will sacrifice his son, by slurping his son's noodley goodness into his greater being, so he may forgive us for all our sins!

Bowing

He Boiled for our sins.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
07-08-2015, 09:32 PM
I might just use this animal

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
While on the mock religion note, I always wonder what kind of animals evolve underwater? Like the ones that if a creationist realized they existed they would shart.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-08-2015, 10:47 PM
One of the great ironies is that, still existing in the ocean, one can find among the invertebrates of the globe a pretty good picture of the history of evolution on this planet. Take even an introductory Invertebrate Zoology course, and you'll be amazed at how clear the picture is, just from looking at the development of the systems that make up our bodies. From three-celled basic "multicellular" critters to the formation of the digestive and nephridic systems, it's all there. Incredible and readily accessible to anyone who can buy a used I.Z. textbook from a college bookstore.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post