Face it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Face it...
(16-11-2016 01:56 PM)Belinda Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  OP you accuse others of fascism when your boy is the epitomy of a personality cult? You have a PhD in economics you say? I happen to have one in economics too, from a *more* prestigious university than yours, and I'm a gay transgendered woman from Neptune.

See how you are? Sarcastic and nasty. All atheists do not have to share the same politics. People need to calm down, especially when someone expresses another point of view, but agrees with you on what is most important.

Wait, do you or don't you believe that atheists should more closely align with you politically or not?

Your own words in another thread: "I've noticed that most of the prominent people (I am not sure about the "rank and file" yet) in the movement are radical leftists. Why on earth do so many atheists align themselves with the left? Having an advanced degree in economics from the University of Virginia, that subject ALONE should swing secularists to the right."

You seem to be the one having a hard time accepting that atheists can have differing political opinions Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-11-2016, 02:04 PM
You need an avvy. Peeps take you more seriously if you have an avvy. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-11-2016, 02:04 PM
(16-11-2016 01:56 PM)Belinda Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  OP you accuse others of fascism when your boy is the epitomy of a personality cult? You have a PhD in economics you say? I happen to have one in economics too, from a *more* prestigious university than yours, and I'm a gay transgendered woman from Neptune.

See how you are? Sarcastic and nasty.

So? Sarcasm is good response for bunch of assertions and cries about being unhinged I would say.

Quote: All atheists do not have to share the same politics.

Obviously. Seeing as atheism is just lack of belief it would be strange if atheists were all of one mind about politics.

Quote: People need to calm down, especially when someone expresses another point of view, but agrees with you on what is most important.

You don't get to tell people what they should do.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 8 users Like Szuchow's post
16-11-2016, 02:06 PM
(16-11-2016 02:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 01:56 PM)Belinda Wrote:  People need to calm down, especially when someone expresses another point of view, but agrees with you on what is most important.

You don't get to tell people what they should do.

or what they consider most important

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
16-11-2016, 02:06 PM
(16-11-2016 02:06 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 02:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You don't get to tell people what they should do.

or what they consider most important

Or whether or not Trix are for kids

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 8 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Since silence is so often taken as assent, I feel comfortable in moving on.

Trump's outline for his first 100 days in office shows a plan to remove the US funding for the UN climate projects and remove restrictions on US fossil fuel production. This will have catastrophic effects on the climate.

He also plans to eliminate the government agencies that protect consumers from predatory lending and other financial issues. These practices lead to the mortgage crisis and the financial collapse that caused the recession.

He also plans to violate at least three, possibly four aspects of the Constitution.

Do you approve of these plans?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 13 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
Don't be scaring away the interesting new person, you big meanies! Angry

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
(16-11-2016 02:06 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 02:06 PM)unfogged Wrote:  or what they consider most important

Or whether or not Trix are for kids

Silly rabbit.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
16-11-2016, 02:09 PM
(16-11-2016 01:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 12:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually, that's the one policy I'm rather in favour of.

The petty restrictions on hand-genital interaction (for all sexes) as a simple social greeting are quite frankly Victorian and should be relegated to the bygone era of Puritanism. It's a denial of one of our basic pithecoidal FREEDOMS!

I have no problem being greeted that way so why would anyone else object?

The SJWs can always ask the Mormons to adapt their magic underwear to add an electric shock defense system and they can wear those if they find the genital-greeting too "problematic".

Drinking Beverage

How can you tell the difference between someone who wants to lovingly caress your genitals and someone who wants to squeeze them until they bleed?

Big Grin

Hand size. Perhaps?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
16-11-2016, 02:10 PM
(16-11-2016 02:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Don't be scaring away the interesting new person, you big meanies! Angry
I'm small or at best medium height (1.75m) meanie.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post