Face it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Face it...
At work.

(16-11-2016 01:46 PM)Belinda Wrote:  What I find amusing is that you are all treating me like an outsider because I voted for Trump, and I tried to help you see that there is little reason to cry and become unhinged over an election! It's ridiculous.

I am an atheist. I left Christianity several months ago, and I came here to be around like-minded individuals with regard to the poison that is religion. I am with you on this, but we don't have to be uniform in our political views.

Oh, and for those of you who made sarcastic comments because I cited my credentials, for lack of a better word, I only did so because the media claim college-educated white women voted for Hillary.

Hello again! Thumbsup

I understand that replying to a myriad of posts/responces(sp) can be daunting but some functional replies would be nice.

As to people 'Questioning your credentials', please be aware that we entertain many first time posters some of whom are less than forthcoming in/with their honesty. Thumbsup

I hope my limited replying to yourself has come across honestly politely and inquisitivly. Yes

Looking forwards to your further responses.

Much cheers to you and yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
16-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(16-11-2016 02:08 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Since silence is so often taken as assent, I feel comfortable in moving on.

Trump's outline for his first 100 days in office shows a plan to remove the US funding for the UN climate projects and remove restrictions on US fossil fuel production. This will have catastrophic effects on the climate.

He also plans to eliminate the government agencies that protect consumers from predatory lending and other financial issues. These practices lead to the mortgage crisis and the financial collapse that caused the recession.

He also plans to violate at least three, possibly four aspects of the Constitution.

Do you approve of these plans?

And this list of issues doesn't even include the abhorrent statements he has made in the past. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-11-2016, 02:12 PM
[Image: american-jesus-says-forgive-me-for-my-pi...225495.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
16-11-2016, 02:26 PM
(16-11-2016 01:46 PM)Belinda Wrote:  What I find amusing is that you are all treating me like an outsider because I voted for Trump, and I tried to help you see that there is little reason to cry and become unhinged over an election! It's ridiculous.
No, not outsider. We disagree with your political assessment, provided reasons why, and this is your only reply?

(16-11-2016 01:46 PM)Belinda Wrote:  I am an atheist. I left Christianity several months ago, and I came here to be around like-minded individuals with regard to the poison that is religion. I am with you on this, but we don't have to be uniform in our political views.
Correct, we don't. But most people here have good reasons for their viewpoints on just about any subject because they are logical and use evidence and facts as the basis for their conclusions. Maybe you do too, but you are being asked to defend that. This is your thread. I hope you didn't expect everyone to just exclaim "now I get it, you're right!"

(16-11-2016 01:46 PM)Belinda Wrote:  Oh, and for those of you who made sarcastic comments because I cited my credentials, for lack of a better word, I only did so because the media claim college-educated white women voted for Hillary.
Fair enough. But we have seen enough people claim credentials and then sound nothing like they really have them. So forgive us if we don't accept that just because you said so. Also, credentials doesn't always make a person right.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
16-11-2016, 02:26 PM

I am an atheist. I left Christianity several months ago, and I came here to be around like-minded individuals with regard to the poison that is religion. I am with you on this, but we don't have to be uniform in our political views.

Oh, and for those of you who made sarcastic comments because I cited my credentials, for lack of a better word, I only did so because the media claim college-educated white women voted for Hillary.

If you seriously think we do not already realize that some college-educated women voted for Trump, then you have issues that run deeper than voting for Trump.

Why are you an atheist anyway?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 8 users Like tomilay's post
16-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Since you seen to believe that right wing economics are somehow good can you please explain Kansas? Full Republican control minimum government drastic tax cuts worst economic drop in the country. Businesses and jobs are flooding out of the state.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Hi Belinda. Welcome to the forum.

I think that some of your troubles stem from the fact that you've made some fascinating and simplistic assumptions about our political views. As an atheist I'm sure you know how annoying it is when somebody starts telling you what you think.

The rest of it you can chalk up to a failure to substantiate your claims, an impressive capacity to ignore Trump's manifest and well-documented failings, and a needlessly belligerent tone right from the word go. Start a thread by suggesting that we're "unhinged" and "mentally unstable" and you should be unsurprised that not everybody is immediately chummy with you.

But since you're here and an economist, what's your take on the bond market losing 1 Trillion dollars? I'm wondering if they looked between the couch cushions. I hear that mortgage rates are rising as an inevitable consequence. The middle class will love that.

How do you feel about Steve Bannon, the shining knight of the alt-white, being handed one of the top jobs in the White House?

And this is just week 1. I can't wait to see what Trump does to America next. I'm sure it'll be Yuge!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 12 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-11-2016, 05:24 PM
(16-11-2016 02:12 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  [Image: american-jesus-says-forgive-me-for-my-pi...225495.jpg]

That's either a gigantic Jebus, or a tiny black rifle....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-11-2016, 05:31 PM
(16-11-2016 05:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 02:12 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  [Image: american-jesus-says-forgive-me-for-my-pi...225495.jpg]

That's either a gigantic Jebus, or a tiny black rifle....

Toy rifle. Jebus so powerful he don't need a real one.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post