Face transplant!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Face transplant!
This is amazing!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprecedent...d=35218667

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-11-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Face transplant!
(16-11-2015 01:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is amazing!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprecedent...d=35218667

Wow! I love it! Thanks for posting. Smile
18-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Nicholas Cage and John Travolta already did it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 03:09 PM
That is amazing!

He said he can feel his ears so, it must involve the nerves connecting all of the skin - that is just astounding to me. They will probably be tweaking the reconstruction for a few years but he looks to be in control of most of the necessary movements. I want to know about the neurosurgeon who did the reconstruction!

Kinda feel bad for the donor guy - he was too young to be a donor of anything. And he was cute! (I hate to see the pretty ones go so quickly.)

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-11-2015, 03:21 PM
(18-11-2015 03:09 PM)kim Wrote:  That is amazing!

He said he can feel his ears so, it must involve the nerves connecting all of the skin - that is just astounding to me. They will probably be tweaking the reconstruction for a few years but he looks to be in control of most of the necessary movements. I want to know about the neurosurgeon who did the reconstruction!

Kinda feel bad for the donor guy - he was too young to be a donor of anything. And he was cute! (I hate to see the pretty ones go so quickly.)

I feel for the donor and his family but what a great thing he did by donating his body, the fireman and his family must be over the moon.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-11-2015, 03:49 PM
I regret going to wikipedia to read about face transplants. Well what I really regret is that I googled the name of the first person to get one.