Face transplant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Face transplant
I donno exactly where to put this but I'm guessing the science section is good, even though it doesn't get as much traffic as other areas on TTA. Dodgy Anyway, with all the crap happening in the world I think this is a nice positive thing to post. Modern science is fantastic! I can't imagine what this poor man went through in that fire and the aftermath of living with his deformity. But look at the difference. This man can have a better life now. Thumbsup

http://gizmodo.com/behold-the-most-exten...1742994282

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 07:58 PM
RE: Face transplant
(17-11-2015 06:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I donno exactly where to put this but I'm guessing the science section is good, even though it doesn't get as much traffic as other areas on TTA. Dodgy Anyway, with all the crap happening in the world I think this is a nice positive thing to post. Modern science is fantastic! I can't imagine what this poor man went through in that fire and the aftermath of living with his deformity. But look at the difference. This man can have a better life now. Thumbsup

Amazing stuff.

I created a thread yesterday on this topic but it didn’t create any traction.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...transplant

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-11-2015, 08:01 PM
It's certainly interesting.

However I worry about the psychological impact on a person from wearing another person's face.

I hope they watch him closely.
17-11-2015, 08:31 PM
(17-11-2015 07:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 06:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I donno exactly where to put this but I'm guessing the science section is good, even though it doesn't get as much traffic as other areas on TTA. Dodgy Anyway, with all the crap happening in the world I think this is a nice positive thing to post. Modern science is fantastic! I can't imagine what this poor man went through in that fire and the aftermath of living with his deformity. But look at the difference. This man can have a better life now. Thumbsup

Amazing stuff.

I created a thread yesterday on this topic but it didn’t create any traction.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...transplant

Sorry I didn't see it. I apologize. Anyway, the things I find interesting others are like, "meh". I can't count the times I've posted stuff that no one looks at. Tongue

I'm also looking forward to the day when they "cure" spinal injuries in people who are paralyzed. But this is fabulous for people with extreme facial deformities. Amazing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-11-2015, 07:09 AM
(17-11-2015 08:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's certainly interesting.

However I worry about the psychological impact on a person from wearing another person's face.

I hope they watch him closely.

Leatherface seemed ok doing it. (Texas Chainsaw Massacre Joke)

Jokes aside it's really cool that science has come so far that someone is able to get a new face.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Having had skin grafts, (on my leg) --and as painful as it was -- I can't imagine the horror of having it done to your face......

That's gotta be one tough hombre....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-11-2015, 07:50 AM
I need a new face. The last time I saw a face like mine it had a fish hook in it's mouth!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post