Facebook?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Facebook?
How about we put our facebook addresses in our profiles? Many is the time I have wondered about who I am talking to. I've probably also made some false assumptions. It's a good way to share info without starting or diverting off a thread too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2011, 10:03 PM
RE: Facebook?
It's a bad idea if you're concerned about your online reputation. Religious extremists may be wanting to start a smear campaign, that would give them what they wanted Tongue
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey Mark, I think your website is great. Congratulations. Last time I heard there were about 800,000,000 people on FB. I just don't happen to be one of them. My wife does that big time but I have a certain need to keep some anonymity. I wish things could be more open but for some of us it just doesn't work.

I appreciate the idea of being more social and transparent though. T'would be nice.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
09-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I would be amazed if you got many takers on this idea. I imagine most atheists are like me and are terrified of family and friends knowing their position on religion. I recently commented on a religious post that I thought was anonymous, however, I later learned it posted on my wall. The panic I felt before and after deleting it just reinforced how fearful I am of coming out.
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Haha, you already got me in your friends list, I'm Tim Hughes, am I only of the people you made false assumptions about? Smile

If your interested I started a thread in the casual coffeehouse a few weeks ago about google+, quite a few of us have posted links to our profiles on there.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I think you're already aware that I'm your friend Supernova Kasprzak (Starcrash... Supernova... get it?) but here it is for clarification. I notice you've been friending left and right! I wish I had a lot of atheist friends... I guess I just have very little to talk about with people who already share my point of view...

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
09-10-2011, 01:32 PM

hey guys, im a new user if you want to add me im Cole Gunn on facebook.
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2011, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 06:46 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-10-2011 01:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Haha, you already got me in your friends list, I'm Tim Hughes, am I only of the people you made false assumptions about? Smile

If your interested I started a thread in the casual coffeehouse a few weeks ago about google+, quite a few of us have posted links to our profiles on there.

Hi Tim, yes I know who you are. Will look up the thread.

(09-10-2011 01:13 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I think you're already aware that I'm your friend Supernova Kasprzak (Starcrash... Supernova... get it?) but here it is for clarification. I notice you've been friending left and right! I wish I had a lot of atheist friends... I guess I just have very little to talk about with people who already share my point of view...
Yes, hi, and thanks for your comments

Ok...I understand that many people are unwilling to "come out." I respect that. I guess it is up to the individual....we can put this info in our profiles if we want
09-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I have done so. Not sure if anyone can view it as I have it set to private, but it is there, if you wish me to add you let me know who you are from here.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-10-2011, 05:37 AM
If anyone is interested my facebook address is on my profile