Facebook Censoring Atheist and Ex-Muslim Pages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2017 05:54 PM by cactus.)
RE: Facebook Censoring Atheist and Ex-Muslim Pages
I don't log into Facebook anymore, unless I get an email telling me I got a private message from someone. The news feed is utter garbage, and I don't want Facebook announcing to all my old acquaintances when I sign up for an event or "like" a page or whatever. I use meetup.com now, and it's under a pseudonym so grandpa can't follow me there Rolleyes

If Facebook so much as hints at automatically sharing any aspect of my browsing history, on Facebook or off, then I'm deleting my account immediately. No Regerts
[Image: no-regrets-tattoo-i-regert-nothing.jpg]

I block all of their 3rd party bullshit on other sites, too. I don't want companies targeting me with atheist-related ads some day. That would freak me the fuck out Blink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
14-05-2017, 07:11 PM
The problem isn't Facebook, it's who you have on Facebook.
I have my family and some friends and some people I went to uni with.

None of them are religious or post religious shit (except for my cousin who recently found Jesus but he posted something once and hasn't posted since) or post anything really stupid actually. If you're getting stupid shit posted by stupid people don't delete your account just remove them as friends...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-05-2017, 07:43 PM
(14-05-2017 07:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem isn't Facebook, it's who you have on Facebook.

None of them are religious or post religious shit (except for my cousin who recently found Jesus but he posted something once and hasn't posted since) or post anything really stupid actually. If you're getting stupid shit posted by stupid people don't delete your account just remove them as friends...

Facebook is bad. It's not just the people on it who make it bad. It's the website itself. The way it's programmed. The way it's governed. Zuckerberg's rich ass cuntishness. All of it.
14-05-2017, 08:27 PM
(14-05-2017 07:43 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 07:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem isn't Facebook, it's who you have on Facebook.

Facebook is bad. It's not just the people on it who make it bad. It's the website itself. The way it's programmed. The way it's governed. Zuckerberg's rich ass cuntishness. All of it.

I disagree. It's only bad if you have shitty people posting shitty shit on it.
If that's the case that's your problem not the problem of Facebook.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-05-2017, 08:50 PM
It's bad because it turns you into a fucking product. It's bad because it's designed to be slow to keep you online. It's bad because its algorithms discourage critical thinking and polarization. It's bad because they keep changing shit to sell your privacy after you've worked on maintaining it for years and are permanently invested in it. It's bad because it claims to be a source of connectivity when it's actually a source of isolation.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
14-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Double post
14-05-2017, 08:53 PM
(14-05-2017 08:50 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's bad because it turns you into a fucking product. It's bad because it's designed to be slow to keep you online. It's bad because its algorithms discourage critical thinking and polarization. It's bad because they keep changing shit to sell your privacy after you've worked on maintaining it for years and are permanently invested in it. It's bad because it claims to be a source of connectivity when it's actually a source of isolation.

Your internet provider does all of the same shit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Fuck them, too
14-05-2017, 09:30 PM
(14-05-2017 08:55 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Fuck them, too

And yet here you are.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Facebook is more fun to hate. It has a face.