Facebook Facepalm Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Facebook Facepalm Moments
I just had a Facebook Facepalm moment. I have this one friend from high school who posted this gem in her FB status tonight:

"I may have failed Physics but I now realize that not relying on Science has caused me to depend on God's divine interventions to analyze every nuance of my day. I really do believe that God has you where he wants you at every minute even if it's not where you thought you were meant to end up. Nothing is by chance. He knows where you are going far before you've ever given it any thought at all."

WWWWWHHHHAATTT???

This friend frequently posts about how Jesus put people in her path to help & to minister to, blah, blah, etc. It drives me nuts because SHE IS A FRIGGIN' HOSPITAL SOCIAL WORKER!! I want to scream at her..."IT'S YOUR JOB TO HELP PEOPLE, YOU DELUSIONAL FREAK!!"

She does good works...I get that...I like her, she's nice. But Jesus doesn't follow her around all day pushing people in her path. She chose a caregiving path...admirable but not supernatural!

Phew! I really needed to vent that!

So...anyone else out there have a friend(s) who do this? They Jesus Bomb their FB page & you have to either permanently "hide" them or unfriend them. I cannot post this major pet peeve on my FB page because, I'd probably lose most of my friends. 'heavy sigh'
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like seculargal's post
18-05-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Facebook Facepalm Moments
And that is why I do not use FB.

Smile

What do you expect from an ignorant religious person? She needed to "explain" to herself why she has failed her exam in physics, so insted of understanding that she did not learn it well enough to pass it, she used God to not feel stupid. God is always the easy way out. It is much harder to take the fucking responsibility for your own actions.

And if you cherish your friendship you would just copy/past this text of mine to her FB page. If you care for someone, you need to tell them the truth, the truth hurts, but it is also a test of your friendship. At least that is what I do.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
18-05-2012, 01:34 AM
(17-05-2012 10:14 PM)seculargal Wrote:  I just had a Facebook Facepalm moment. I have this one friend from high school who posted this gem in her FB status tonight:

"I may have failed Physics but I now realize that not relying on Science has caused me to depend on God's divine interventions to analyze every nuance of my day. I really do believe that God has you where he wants you at every minute even if it's not where you thought you were meant to end up. Nothing is by chance. He knows where you are going far before you've ever given it any thought at all."

WWWWWHHHHAATTT???

This friend frequently posts about how Jesus put people in her path to help & to minister to, blah, blah, etc. It drives me nuts because SHE IS A FRIGGIN' HOSPITAL SOCIAL WORKER!! I want to scream at her..."IT'S YOUR JOB TO HELP PEOPLE, YOU DELUSIONAL FREAK!!"

She does good works...I get that...I like her, she's nice. But Jesus doesn't follow her around all day pushing people in her path. She chose a caregiving path...admirable but not supernatural!

So...anyone else out there have a friend(s) who do this? They Jesus Bomb their FB page & you have to either permanently "hide" them or unfriend them. I cannot post this major pet peeve on my FB page because, I'd probably lose most of my friends. 'heavy sigh'
I started out with around 500 "friends". Over the years more and more got blocked and more and more got demoted. All and all, the some of the people I knew were really coo' and free-thinkers. I don't foresee something that I forgot. Damn you Yellowtail Shiraz, meds I'm not supposed to take with alcohol and these freakin' hiccups
Oops got distracted. Was going to say that I had blocked or deleted so many people that I got down to about 20 people that i might occasionaly like to keep in contact...and frankly, I was quite good at this before FB existed. So I got jumped out of the gang and have been on my own for a few months. It's south when they jump you because you can't fight back, but in the end, if you don't suffer from too many broken rib bones, you'll have a shot a whatever it is that this thread is talking about.
Wow I'm in a poorly state.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Let me tell you something about FB.

And I had a recent thread concerning FB not to long that I'm meaning to reply on but haven't had to much time to reflect on the posts. But anyway.

Facebook was founded by Havard grad Mark Zuckerburg by using his logic and reason. And he,.....IS AN ATHEIST!

Therefore I will give FB my support.

I love promoting to my theist friends that they should be thankful that mark gave them this app to promote their belief. Well sometimes I do. I want to throw that in their face anytime I see them promote their shit.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist Chiefs fan!'s post
18-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Ahh, where people can praise their lack of intelligence and claim it to be divine.

[Image: Double-facepalm.jpg]

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
18-05-2012, 04:38 AM
(18-05-2012 01:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-05-2012 10:14 PM)seculargal Wrote:  I just had a Facebook Facepalm moment. I have this one friend from high school who posted this gem in her FB status tonight:

WWWWWHHHHAATTT???

I started out with around 500 "friends". Over the years more and more got blocked and more and more got demoted. All and all, the some of the people I knew were really coo' and free-thinkers. I don't foresee something that I forgot. Damn you Yellowtail Shiraz, meds I'm not supposed to take with alcohol and these freakin' hiccups
Oops got distracted. Was going to say that I had blocked or deleted so many people that I got down to about 20 people that i might occasionaly like to keep in contact...and frankly, I was quite good at this before FB existed. So I got jumped out of the gang and have been on my own for a few months. It's south when they jump you because you can't fight back, but in the end, if you don't suffer from too many broken rib bones, you'll have a shot a whatever it is that this thread is talking about.
Dude! Are you ok? You seem to be slipping into HoCism

18-05-2012, 04:40 AM

WWWWWHHHHAATTT???

I feel your pain

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-05-2012, 08:32 AM
(18-05-2012 01:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wow I'm in a poorly state.

Man, you can't see a poorly state in your rearview, ya lush. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-05-2012, 09:03 AM
We should make it a rule not to post while on meds lol. That was the most interesting thing Erx has ever written! Loved every gibberish word of it hahahah.

I was kidding about not posting while medicated, if we did that no one would post. Including me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2012, 09:07 AM
(18-05-2012 01:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's south when they jump you because you can't fight back, but in the end, if you don't suffer from too many broken rib bones, you'll have a shot a whatever it is that this thread is talking about.
I have no idea what this was supposed to mean. No

In other news, I woke up an hour early feeling more refreshed than I have in weeks. For reals. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post