Facebook Facepalm Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Facebook Facepalm Moments
Just realized I didn't post about the OP.

Facebook is an evil beast. I use it to keep in touch with people who I don't want to have to call. Otherwise it would be gone.
However I'm thinking about ditching it anyways because people who have facebook apparently aren't aware of what it's functions are for. They only seem to think its used for garnering useless likes from people they don't know or don't care about.
I have a rant about this in either the shout box or the ranting corner. One of them.

I see religious posts every fucking day. Happily though some of the people that used to post religious shit have recently started posting semi atheist things, I think it's because they are slowly coming out to their families and are testing the waters.
It makes it easier for them that I like all of those posts, and will usually link to something also similar. So I guess it's a double edged sword of annoyingness. Totally made up that last word, but you can all use it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
18-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I had a Facebook experience of my own today, only it was a bit more darker in nature, though equally frustrating.

It was a girl grieving the death of her infant niece. She posted a note to her deceased niece telling her that she was now god's little angel and asking her to tell her grandfather (also deceased) that she loves him and misses him.

I didn't interject. That would have been a real douchebag move in my opinion.

But it did help highlight one of the main reasons why I believe religion came into existence in the first place. Losing loved ones to death is hard. Damn hard.

Fortunately, we have more and more groups popping up helping folks learn how to grieve without god .

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lightninlives's post
18-05-2012, 11:52 PM
(18-05-2012 09:15 AM)lucradis Wrote:  annoyingness

I hate to correct your English but I think you will find that the correct word is "annoyingosityness".
I don't have facebook so I ain't gonna comment on it other than to ask why does anyone want to stay in touch with ex-friends, ex-girlfriends, any relatives.... it's beyond my understanding.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 12:02 AM
FB moment for me, which (oddly enough) made half my family hate me. this is the post:

Pray for Julie, going under the knife to get rid of the tumor, I hope god keeps her safe.

update two hours later:

Julie just out of surgery, god kept her safe, everything will be okay. Praise be to the almighty god!

My post:

I'm going to go to that hospital, and thank those doctors, the real savior of Julie's Life. Praise be to modern medicine!

I wasn't trying to be a douche or go out of my way to piss people off, but with how hard those doctors work i thought they deserved a thank you as well. which I did go give them like i said i would.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 2 users Like Likos02's post
19-05-2012, 12:04 AM
(18-05-2012 11:52 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 09:15 AM)lucradis Wrote:  annoyingness

I hate to correct your English but I think you will find that the correct word is "annoyingosityness".
I don't have facebook so I ain't gonna comment on it other than to ask why does anyone want to stay in touch with ex-friends, ex-girlfriends, any relatives.... it's beyond my understanding.
Indeed, DLJ. Facebook helped me remember why I had lost touch with those people to begin with.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-05-2012, 11:30 AM
FB is for people who are lost and want to be found.
Even if it means looking stupid, at least someone is looking, and that makes them feel connected.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
29-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Now, thanx to some young man, there is going to a whole lot more of facepalms on facebook...

http://weknowwhatyouredoing.com/

The idea is to collect posts from people that don't know how, or don't want to protect their Facebook profiles. PHP rules!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I actually recently unfriended most of my religious contacts, but one guy will post things ALL the time about God making him completely different and wanting to go into ministry and so forth... He's only religious when it makes him feel good; otherwise he's one of the most manipulative people I know.

Ironically, for someone who's so eager to go into youth ministry, he's bad about COMPLETELY shutting down if you say a single thing he disagrees with. It made me lose most of my respect for a religion I was (sort of) raised in.
23-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Jesus loves you! do you love him? share if you love Jesus. keep scrolling if you love the devil...

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 11:14 PM
My aunt shares gems like these all the time...

[Image: 735005_295865127207507_1278159982_n.jpg]

[Image: 73470_554444451246443_1341567262_n.jpg]

But when I popped up facebook to find the images, the first thing on my news feed was this:

[Image: 58444_518087431590667_1362231406_n.jpg]