Facebook Facepalm Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 03:51 PM by TheMrBillShow.)
RE: Facebook Facepalm Moments
I had a friend on Facebook say that the reason the bible refers to the "corners of the Earth" when, in actuality, the Earth is spherical, is because god was demonstrating his sense of humor. The jury remains out as to whether or not she was being sincere. In any event, what a statement.

This same person also thanked god for the fact that her particular area of the country is experiencing very pleasant weather. So, you people dealing with excessive heat/cold or heavy rain/snow: God hates you.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
(02-03-2013 03:27 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  I had a friend on Facebook say that reason the bible refers to the "corners of the Earth" when, in actuality, the Earth is spherical, is because god was demonstrating his sense of humor. The jury remains out as to whether or not she was being sincere. In any event, what a statement.

This same person also thanked god for the fact that her particular area of the country is experiencing very pleasant weather. So, you people dealing with excessive heat/cold or heavy rain/snow: God hates you.
That's just the best defense I've seen exist in looking at the bible from an inspired work by God. Well the whole book is inspired, but it's all just God's wicked sense of humor.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
When I used to be on FB, I would love it when my FB "friends" would say how much they loved Jesus.

And I'd be like, "bitch, please. He wouldn't love you back if he saw what you've been doing lately..."

...that was back in my judgemental Christian days.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
02-03-2013, 03:53 PM
I would find some sane friends.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user