Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm
Thought I'd share some of the latest. I do get rather mean in this one, but there's no nice way to tell someone they're delusional. This is a 16 year old girl who decided to message a hard core Atheist/Anti-Theist Facebook page admin (me) and promptly got a tidal wave of rebuttal I think she was never expecting to get.

Just a little clarification, The original admin who responded known as "S" is one of four on this page, me being the other, the founder "A", and his wife "I" not present in this conversation. Not long after "S" encountered this girl, he P.M.'ed me on my private account, leading this lamb to the slaughter house.

I make no apologies for being frank and abrasive. This is the theme of the page to begin with. If nothing else, posting for your entertainment and critique. This is not my typical style of debate, but I'm learning quickly, if you want it to be good, you adapt to the level of your opponent, otherwise, you argue in vain. I still think most of what I said went completely over her head. This is a long one, take a piss, and grab a drink (In any order you'd like, I'm not judging). Attachment to this thread is what is referenced in the conversation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEIST GIRL

Hey I don't mean to bother you, but how do you know there isn't a God. I mean I'm a Christian, but I just want to see how you view the world.
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

please write me back.
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

Uh, I will let my former religious friend who is now an atheist to answer that question. -S
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

Thank you much!Smile
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

Hm... He may take awhile, so let me through one thing out there. We have the evidence that shows that we evolved from apes. As discussing as this may sound to you, it is true. Impossible to deny that the earth is older then 6000 years old. It is just ludicrous, and Christians like you hold on to your book because I believe that this bigger picture scares you. That the universe is bigger then any deity.
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

I understand, but what do you believe created us?
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

Uh... That's still me... By saying I would through one thing out... I began to ramble.. -S
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

I know but do you believe something made you?
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

Stardust. I believe that from a massive sun that exploded and left a cloud of gas, witch formed other stars, making our sun, then our solar system and then our earth. Then after a very long time of nothing. Life began as singled celled life forms, they the made increasingly larger life, then evolution stared, and 500 million years later!! People!!!
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

But I do believe, that there is something that makes humans brilliant.
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

Okay I understand, but why is it that you post images of Jesus and make fun of Him?
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

I don't believe a god gave us that, I think it was humans will, to do something truly remarkable -S
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

Oh. Well the reason I believe what I believe is because it makes sense to me. I mean, in the Bible, it says that God made a man and woman and that homosexuality is a sin. If men could reproduce together or women could reproduce together, then that fact would not be true.
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

I don't mean to upset you.
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

I'm a different admin from "S". Just letting you know that. There are 4 of us on this site. I am known as "KMFDM_Kid2000"

"Hey I don't mean to bother you, but how do you know there isn't a God."

What makes you assume we know there isn't a god? I believe there isn't a CHRISTIAN god, and I have good reason to believe that, but I never say there isn't a god period. I can go into this further if you'd like, but I would ask that you refrain from assuming, or putting words into our mouths.

"I mean I'm a Christian, but I just want to see how you view the world."

I was a born-again christian for 21 years. We view the world a lot like you, except we don't buy the claims you make about deities. Know how you feel about Thor? That's how we feel about Jehova.

"We have the evidence that shows that we evolved from apes."

Adding to "S"'s statement, we have evidence that we ARE apes as well. This doesn't prove, or disprove any gods, but it's an important distinction either way.

"I understand, but what do you believe created us?"

Why are you assuming we were created to begin with? There's strong evidence to suggest we were not created, but we developed and are continuing to develop now.

"I know but do you believe something made you?"

Yes, our parents. They had sex. Your parents did too.

"Okay I understand, but why is it that you post images of Jesus and make fun of Him?"

Because the idea of christianity is harmful, and it is ridiculous. It deserves ridicule, as it is nonsense and it harms our society and stunts our progress.

"Oh. Well the reason I believe what I believe is because it makes sense to me."

Then you simply lack critical thinking skills. I can go into GREAT detail as to why it does not fit into the model about what we know and can demonstrate about the world, reality, and the universe.

"I mean, in the Bible, it says that God made a man and woman and that homosexuality is a sin."

The bible also says snakes and donkeys can talk, bats are birds, and the Earth is flat. It also endorses slavery, rape, murder, and genocide, all ordered by your god, and confirmed by Jesus to be a GOOD thing. Perhaps you should actually read your bible more. I have, and that's one major reason I am no longer a christian.

"If men could reproduce together or women could reproduce together, then that fact would not be true."

My wife can no longer bear children due to a medical condition. We can no longer reproduce. Does that make her a lesbian now, or does that make our marriage an abomination?

"I don't mean to upset you."

You didn't. It takes a lot to upset me, I can only speak for myself on this matter. Know this, you believe in your religion because of faith. Faith means believing in something without a good reason to. Otherwise, it would be fact, and NOT faith. This is the same as gullibility. Christianity is harmful, as it promotes magical thinking, and chastises humanity just for being normal. It sells you a false disease, original sin, which is garbage. We know the Adam and Eve story could never, and did never, happen. The evidence simply does not support it. This is highly suggestive that the story is a farce, and therefore the original sin doctrine is garbage, and therefore the need for a savior is unnecessary.

God is unnecessary, and a tool used by early man to explain what he didn't know. This is dishonest. If something is unknown, the only honest answer is "I don't know". Until you can produce a god to be examined, asserting one exists is dishonest. If you believe by faith, you're admitting you have no good reason to believe in what you do, you're admitting gullibility, and you're admitting you either refuse to want to learn what it is that we DO know about our origins, in favor of 3,000 year old myths told by desert sheep herders, over the hard evidence science has produced in the modern era.

I can go deeper into any subject you'd like, but know this, ALL christian doctrine is based on these three things:

1.) Lies, and we can demonstrate why they are lies.
2.) Logical fallacies, or flawed/invalid reasoning.
3.) Appeals to emotion, which do not speak for truth, and are ultimately based in deception.

We don't say there is no god. In reality, we say we don't believe you when you say there is one. I personally don't believe your god exists. And I think your religion's foundations are complete and utter falsehoods. ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

Understood, but I will never stop believing for my own reasons.
Loud Atheism
Yesterday
Loud Atheism

#3 appeal to emotion. Why are you so sure your experience isn't just the result of something that can be explained without evoking the divine? Why would a god that gave us rationally thinking brains, ask us to suspend that rational thought and believe without good reason, then reward that? It is simply nonsensical. That isn't logic, that's absurdity. I'll be willing to gamble anything that your personal experience isn't even a good reason, isn't good evidence, or you're simply lying to us, or yourself. ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
Yesterday
THEIST GIRL

Okay, here is my story. As a child, certain things happened in my life. When I was 12, I finally spoke up. When I turned 14, I was admitted to a hospital for trying to commit suicide. My cousins would call me names such as a rape caller, slut, whore, etc. I never did anything to them. I stayed in the hospital 13 1/2 days. After I got out, I thought everything was going to get better. But no it didn't. They would tell me things like It was my fault and nothing ever happened to me and made me feel so guilty. When I turned 15, things got worse. I started having nightmares about the person who hurt me and having suicidal thoughts. he was still allowed to come around me. I begged my mom to put me up for adoption for a while and one night, she finally sat down with me and said it was my decision, not hers. No, my mom didn't put me up for adoption, but one night she had consumed a lot of alcohol and some medication and I had no idea what to do. My papa was a bad alcoholic and my granny was in the hospital. I had to do something. That night, I went to the neighbors and called someone from church. They called the police and what did the police do when they got there?? Nothing. My papa was very upset at me and told me to be out of his house by 7 that night. It was raining and I was only 15, so I couldn't just walk down the road on a rainy night. I went to my room and locked the door and prayed and prayed for God to send someone to help me and I had prayed for weeks for someone to help me. All the crying I had done made me sleepy, and I had fallen asleep. I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door and I was scared. But I heard my youth pastor's voice. I started crying and I didn't have much to take, but he let me live with him for a couple of weeks. Eventually, the family Im with now took custody over me. I will be adopted next month. I prayed to be adopted and God sent someone to adopt me. That's why I believe my Heavenly Father!:')
Loud Atheism
23 hours ago
Loud Atheism

See, the difference between myself and your supposed god is if I could stop someone from being raped in the first place, I would. If your god exists the way you say he does, it was his plan for you to be raped in the first place. And that's just plain evil.

I was a heroin addict for many, MANY years, all the while I would go to church, pray, and do all the things a christian would do. I prayed, and prayed that god would deliver me from my addiction. But I kept using. I would stop for a while, but I would always pick up where I left off. I prayed sincerely that I could find a way to stop.

After years of this, I gave up on praying. I decided to form a plan to get myself treated. I chose to get on a new medication for heroin addicts called Suboxone. I was a nurse, so I had easy access to clean needles any time I wanted. I knew I would have to change careers. So I went back to school and in pursuit of what I always really wanted to do, work with computers.

God failed me when I needed the help the most. What helped me was self determination to make a better life for myself, and medical science. This all happened since 2008. I slowly began to doubt, stopped going to church, focused on my recovery, focused on school. During this time, I educated myself on critical thinking. I learned what a logical fallacy was, and how to spot them. I graduated school, got a really good job. I got married. I won partial custody of my son. Now I own my own home, drive a nice BMW, and have all sorts of nice things, things people earn when they work hard. And I've been clean for almost 5 years now.

Good things don't come because an invisible god blesses us, no matter how hard we pray. We need to work hard, earn those things. Sometimes unexplained fortunate things happen, as in your case. That doesn't prove a god exists, it proves that there are good people out there in the world that cared enough to get you out of a bad situation. None of that involves the supernatural, ALL of that involves humans, and nothing more. It would have happened to you if you prayed for it or not.

Being adopted is not a miracle, or even a rare occurrence. So, like I said before, your reasons for believing aren't good reasons. You simply need to examine it objectively, and without your presuppositions, and you will see, your new family saved you from a bad situation, and no god was required for that to happen. No god was required for my situation to improve either.

Both are personal experiences. One reaffirms your faith, one destroyed my faith. There are 7 billion people on this planet, all with personal experiences. Not a one of those experiences proves or disproves a god, and not a one has anything to do with a god. That's simply not how evidence and truth work.

I've had a rough life. My father was actually a rapist, and he beat my mother and raped her. He beat me as an infant within an inch of my life. My mother still believes that god saved me, but where was god when my father was beating a 6 month old infant half to death? It is unusual that I survived, but it is no miracle.

For every human that survives something that we all think should kill them, thousands more die of small, preventable things. My mother wouldn't even take me to a hospital, until my uncle forced her to do so. She was in denial that my father would even do such a thing, and stayed with him until I was four years old.

Considering how rough my life was, I like to think I am a moral person. I don't lie, I don't cheat, I don't steal, and I never did any of those things, even when my addiction was at its worst. I live an honest and good life. I love my family, my kids, and I have a fairly positive demeanor if you were to know me in person. I'm good without any gods. I don't need to believe in something I know is nonsense to tell me to be a good person. I don't need a pastor telling me I need Jesus to be redeemed. I redeemed myself when I decided I wanted a better life and I did something about it.

Now I could go into more technical things, high logic that disproves the christian god, and I'm really good at that. I shoot down people's arguments on a daily basis here. Typically they run away, or they remain in their own delusions.

Most people have these preconceived notions about atheists. They think we're horrible sinners, they think we say there is no god, they think we secretly believe in god, but just want to sin anyway, they think we have no purpose in our lives. I know atheists that are better "christians" than most christians are. I know most atheists read the bible a lot more than christians do, and that's why they're atheists in the first place. I can assure you, when I was a christian, I REALLY believed, as much as you do, as much as anyone would. I often stated it as fact. I can tell you, my life has meaning. I love spreading the word that you don't need god in your life to be fulfilled. There's so much to learn out there, we have a fascinating universe. All religion does is muddy the water from seeing the truth of how we got here, how things around us really work, and it holds us back from growing and moving forward, as all lies do.

Professing christianity is even a good thing is to not know christianity. The christian god endorses slavery, going so far as to order people to take slaves, rape them, marry them, and instructs just how much they should be beaten. The god of the bible is homicidal, sadistic, orders the deaths of innocent children, that they be ground up and fed to their own parents. Jesus endorsed all of this as good.

The average christian professes that christianity and the bible are all about love and forgiveness, but they ignore the fact that their book ends in destruction and revenge. Why do you suppose in the bible that Lucifer and his fallen angels were never given a plan of salvation of their own? Only a sadistic god would ever create a place for torture. I know a lot of christians say "Hell wasn't made for us", but this is like saying "My father doesn't beat me, but he beats my brother every night". When examined critically, nothing christianity professes makes sense. The thing is, the ability to think critically about it is hindered by childhood indoctrination, the desire for an eternal reward, and the fear of eternal damnation. If you want evidence of any of this, I can provide you chapter and verse, so you can see for yourself. Read the context of it too, so you don't accuse me of taking it out of context in the first place.

Religions are all lies, and they harm society. The good they DO do, can all be accomplished without anything supernatural what-so-ever. People simply need to educate themselves and find out. I'm hoping with this small page, we can help people do just that. ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
22 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Well, I'm only 16. I don't have kids or a husband and yes things happened to me, but I still will always believe in the Lord even if He put tests in my life. I am happy with Him. If it weren't for Him, I would feel lost and at one time I didn't believe in God, but that was when I was having a rough time. But I believe in God because He loves me for me even for my mistakes and my disadvantages. I know you have your beliefs and I have mine, but I will NEVER give up on Him.
Loud Atheism
21 hours ago
Loud Atheism

"Well, I'm only 16."

One of our other admins is only 15. I'm 33. Age is irrelevant.

"I don't have kids or a husband and yes things happened to me, but I still will always believe in the Lord even if He put tests in my life."

What makes you think there's a god putting tests in your life to begin with? My whole point is you have no basis to assume that, or even remotely state that as fact.

"I am happy with Him."

If a god exists as you say, he's the one that put you in the predicament you were in, and did nothing to prevent you getting raped to begin with. So you're happy with a god that let you get raped. Don't you see how backwards that sort of thinking is?

"If it weren't for Him, I would feel lost and at one time I didn't believe in God, but that was when I was having a rough time."

So now you're saying god is a crutch? Now how do you explain my situation, my life has been its best NOW, when I have zero belief in any god? If something is true, it holds truth in multiple situations. Between our two examples, belief in god resulting in life going smoother/better/whatever you want to call it, perhaps "good" is completely irrelevant. If this were NOT the case, and was as you claim, my life should be more miserable than ever, because I as disbelieving in any god as one could possibly be.

"But I believe in God because He loves me for me even for my mistakes and my disadvantages."

And just how do you know your version of god even loves or cares?

"I know you have your beliefs and I have mine"

No, this is where you're wrong. You have beliefs, and I have facts. You're entitled to your own beliefs, as the constitution of this nation, and other nations guarantees you that right, but you can NOT have your own facts. Not all opinions are created equal. Those that are based on rational thought and facts FAR outweigh those based on superstition.

"but I will NEVER give up on Him."

Here, watch this, at the very least it will allow you to understand our position better. I frankly don't care what you believe, but if you can understand what atheism is, at the very least, you'll have a better understanding of why we don't believe you when you make statements like that. ~KMFDM_Kid2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNDZb0KtJDk
Lack of belief in gods

Loud Atheism
20 hours ago
Loud Atheism

I am 15 and I haven't accepted god, and I am perfectly happy without an imaginary friend. -S

Wait... You attempted suicide? For some name calling?? I friggen embrace things people say to me! I laugh it off and in turn piss them off! and you being so young! Why?? Sorry if this is off topic or whatever but I am just reading this now, and I just don't get it!

Loud Atheism
20 hours ago
Loud Atheism

Oh crap... Forgot! -S
THEIST GIRL
12 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Well, S It was more than one person who called me names. Personally, I felt like suicide was the only way out and when you have two or three boys standing around calling you names,it's difficult to forget what they say, but I moved on and now I don't have to worry about bullies. All they are to me is just people who want to make other people feel bad and they never do anything but pick on people.
Loud Atheism
12 hours ago
Loud Atheism

Wait a minute here, you came here and put in your 50 cent.

If you talk shit here you will get mocked. I don't mean to offend, but it happens.

When you come here to an Atheist page, and talk like this, what did you think would happen?.
Loud Atheism
12 hours ago
Loud Atheism

-A
THEIST GIRL
12 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

I believe we were put here to make our own decisions. We are allowed to choose any life we want and I chose to follow God. Science has not proven that there is no God. I don't want to change anyone's belief and I love everyone on this earth. Yes, I was hurt when I was 7 years old, but I still believe. Why? Because for 15 years on this earth, I've realized that there is a God. I don't have physical evidence, but I have my life evidence. I chose to be a Christ follower because I like the lifestyle and I believe in God. There is no proof whatsoever that God does or doesn't exist. Millions of children are hurt, and people are killed every day, but it wasn't God's decision to kill those people. It was the killer's. I don't believe God is sadistic. If He said it was okay to lie, get drunk, steal, or have intercourse before marriage, or it was okay for people to get hurt, then I wouldn't believe in Him. The devil is the one who loves seeing people get murdered and beaten. he loves the fact that he ruins peoples lives all the time. One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is Hebrews chapter 11 verse 1 in which it says "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Loud Atheism
11 hours ago
Loud Atheism

"Science has not proven that there is no God".
Well that goes for all Gods then Huh?.

If you don't die in battle you won't get the Valhalla. You will be therefor going to a hell of some kind in all other religions.

You're biased and speaking from a Christian standpoint, but all other religions speak similar to you.

You can't all be right, but you can all be wrong.

You admitted you live your life your way, so why the need for a God? Or even the need to pray and worship him?.

The devil? Wait a minute doesn't he punish the bad people? Isn't he then the good guy?.

This being that drowned all his children?. He doesn't stop killing or rape.

If I see someone needs help I will aid them, that makes me better than his God shit.

I could sit here and argue all day, use all the logic and reason available, and you would simply be the pigeon on the chessboard.-A
THEIST GIRL
11 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

no the devil is a bad person and no. My religion in believing in God is the only religion that believes in God. Muslims and other religions worship men.
Loud Atheism
11 hours ago
Loud Atheism

Yeah so why does he punish bad people?. God has killed more and told men to kill, has he not?.

Not that God exists, but talking from a faith standpoint.

Ahh so your religion, the one you so happened to choose is the one true God?

All those other religions are wrong?. That's a arrogant position to take.

Where's your evidence for the existence of your God, and the evidence to prove all the others religions are wrong? Huh?.

All religions are wrong, and you have done more damage to this world than any other reason, just because people have different beliefs that they can't prove.

PLEASE provide a good logical retort, with evidence and reason, or I can't continue this "argument". -A
THEIST GIRL
11 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

oh and can you prove that there isn't a God? I mean where is your physical evidence? Yea the Bible might just be a book, but if it is, it is one of the most intelligent, intellectual, amazing book I've ever read and it is the oldest book in history. So, if you can write as book as intelligent as the Bible and prove to me with facts that there is no God whatsoever, then feel free to do it. Why defend the devil? I can't understand why you would defend someone like the devil but then go out of your way to make fun of God. And isn't it true that you only made this page to get others believe the way you do? That's not going to work on me. I had a crush on a boy for 4 1/2 years and in the 8th grade he told me he was atheist. Yes, we're still friends, but he has tried so hard to get me to not believe in God. I'm not and I never will. I will raise my kids if I have any to believe in God and I will marry a very Godly man.You might say that you have facts there is no God, but were are the facts? I haven't seen any fact that says there is no God, He is just a created being in our minds and we hold onto Him because we need something to believe in. And I believe the Bible makes much more sense to me than believing that I just evolved from billions of cells and just came to be.
Loud Atheism
9 hours ago
Loud Atheism

"oh and can you prove that there isn't a God?"

You're the one that has to prove one in the first place, as you're the one making the initial claim, and I'm simply not believing you.

You're the one responsible for the burden of proof --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic...the_burden

NOT me, and trying to shift that burden of proof off on me is not only a logical fallacy known as "Shifting the burden of proof", but it's also intellectually dishonest.

"I mean where is your physical evidence?"

Evidence needn't always be physical. In the case of mathematics, proofs are logical, or conceptual, and this is where your idea of god *IS* disprovable, and this is due to the various "omni-" traits that makes your idea of god self refuting. An omnibenevolent god does not create a hell. An omniscient god does not have a need for intercessory prayer. This also conflicts with the idea of free will, which we all know we have. You cannot have free will and omniscience with a divine plan. They are simply incompatible. Omnipotence is self refuting, for the simple fact that you god cannot make a rock too heavy for him to lift, or commit suicide. In either direction on these two examples, omnipotence is canceled out logically.

So there you have LOGICAL proof that your god cannot exist, at least not how your dogma describes it. Logical proof is a valid form of evidence, such as the proof 2+2=4 in mathematics. It can go deeper than this, I'll just let you chew on that for a while, and see what sort of refutation you try to use next. Typically, I see one of two things after I present these to theists:

1.) You will try to say "You can't judge god by human standards" to which then I say "Then why did you judge him good...by human standards?"

2.) You will proclaim faith. Which is fine, as it is your right, but that gets you no closer to having a valid argument, and is in and of itself, a fallacy, specifically an appeal to ignorance, or "I don't know, therefore god" in which you have zero justification for postulating the existence of a god, given the fact that you and I have the exact same amount of evidence for one to begin with, which is ZERO.

"Yea the Bible might just be a book, but if it is, it is one of the most intelligent, intellectual, amazing book I've ever read and it is the oldest book in history."

Again, you're saying this about a book that professes the Earth is flat, bats are birds, and donkeys can talk. It's a book that endorses slavery, the killing of infants, cannibalism, genocide, murder, RAPE, all ordered by your god. Not prohibited, but ORDERED and ENDORSED by your god, including Jesus.

The bible is a plagiarism of much older books, and of course you know christianity borrows heavily from Judaism, which borrowed from ancient Babylonian, Canaanite, and Egyptian religions, which were polytheistic to begin with, as Judaism was. I bet you didn't know that, did you? YHWH, or Jehova, was one of the MANY gods the jews originally worshiped. YHWH was their god of war, similar to how the Romans had Mars and the Greeks had Ares. Only later did the Jews begin to push forward the idea of monotheism, and even THAT was stolen from a much older religion, Zoroastrianism. No they don't teach you this in Sunday school, but this is all history that is well documented and verified through very real anthropological evidence. I suggest you look up the Documentary Hypothesis before you go making the mistake of thinking the bible is even true, let alone original --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_Hypothesis

"So, if you can write as book as intelligent as the Bible and prove to me with facts that there is no God whatsoever, then feel free to do it."

The bible isn't even internally consistent, and is rife with contradiction. Here's a chart to get you started, but there is an OVERWHELMING amount of inconsistency in the bible, and that is to be expected of something that is simply NOT TRUE. --> http://sciencebasedlife.files.wordpress....roject.png

"Why defend the devil?"

If I don't believe in your god, what makes you think I would believe in your devil? The very concept of the devil is not even original to christianity. This idea originated in Zoroastrianism, with the Angra Mainyu spirit. This is mythology, and we can clearly see where it came from, and here you go talking about it as fact. For that matter, why not ask me why i don't pray to Poseidon before I get on a boat?

"I can't understand why you would defend someone like the devil but then go out of your way to make fun of God."

Once again, WE DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD OR YOUR DEVIL. I do make fun of other religions as well, just FYI. Atheists don't just not believe in Christianity, and don't make the mistake of thinking your's is the only religion out there. Why don't you obey Allah, and why do you worship your false prophet Jesus, and not the true prophet Mohammad? See how you felt there? How absurd, right? That's exactly how we feel when you mention the devil, or any other nonsense you've put forth like that.

" And isn't it true that you only made this page to get others believe the way you do?"

I didn't make this page, the admin known as "A" did. I was brought on as an admin due to my extensive knowledge base and experience as a christian, plus I'm very good at debating people about christianity. We get a lot of christians like you. You claim your god is true, have no valid reason to do so, and don't know a lick about the bible past Noah's Ark. I'm there to put people like that in their place. You're not even the first person to go spouting god nonsense even TODAY.

Then you get all butthurt about the fact that we don't believe you, we poke holes in your argument, and we ridicule you for believing in nonsense. You're like kids who are way too old to still be believing in Santa Claus. We try to educate you with the FACTS, but you'd rather believe in your nonsense, and you go spreading it as if it were real, when you have ZERO basis in reality to do so. Then you have the audacity to claim we're agents of your Satan. I've got news for you, it's YOUR hell, so YOU burn in it, along with your sadistic god who is obsessed with killing, blood, and rape.

" That's not going to work on me."

Oh I know, you can't use reason and logic to convince someone of the truth who have not used reason and logic to arrive at their beliefs. We see that every day. You'd rather believe in magic than reality. You're mentally still an infant, and no amount of years is going to grow you out of that stage, that slave mentality, until you learn to think for yourself, and examine the facts. You'll continue to LOVE your own ignorance, rather than peel back the curtain and see for yourself that everything you've learned up to this point about your god has been a lie.

"I had a crush on a boy for 4 1/2 years and in the 8th grade he told me he was atheist."

Most of us feel that our atheism isn't even that important to us. What IS important is skepticism. Not being a gullible fool that believes anything that is spoon fed to them by those in positions of authority. Atheism comes as a natural result of skepticism. It's the best defense against indoctrination, or brain washing, as you're so clearly demonstrating you've become the victim of.

"Yes, we're still friends, but he has tried so hard to get me to not believe in God. I'm not and I never will. "

And people call *US* closed minded? What a person who is HONEST should do, is revise their beliefs once they're presented with better evidence. If everyone thought like you do, we'd be buying flat globes and riding donkeys to school and work.

"I will raise my kids if I have any to believe in God and I will marry a very Godly man."

And so you will continue the cycle of brain washing, child abuse, and teaching your kids to be gullible. Wonderful. And you think that's a GOOD thing?

".You might say that you have facts there is no God, but were are the facts? I haven't seen any fact that says there is no God, "

Perhaps if you actually read what I've typed out, visited the links and video I've sent you, you'd realize your foot belongs squarely inside your mouth right about now.

"He is just a created being in our minds and we hold onto Him because we need something to believe in."

Nope, you're wrong there. Man created god in his own image. This is why god always hates the same people you do. It's an extension of your own mind projected on to the universe, however, that's called imagination, NOT reality.

"And I believe the Bible makes much more sense to me than believing that I just evolved from billions of cells and just came to be."

Even if you were to disprove evolution tomorrow, you're no closer to proving if your god exists or not. You would do well to face the facts and realize, that is just a fantasy, you've been lied to your entire life. You're wasting the ONLY life you're sure you have, pissing it away on a myth that is so obviously false. It wasn't easy shedding my belief, but I will tell you, I am a better person for doing so. So much more clarity in my life now that I see the world for what it is, and my mind isn't clouded by things that are so laughably false.

You make your own path in life, you do what you like. If you want to believe, go do so. Leave us alone, because all we will do is come back with facts and make you look primitive, uninformed, and blinded of the truth. If you decide you want to bring a challenge, realize YOU DO NOT HAVE FACTS ON YOUR SIDE, and you're going to get owned by those who do, and we may not be very nice about it.

The difference between you and me? You'd rather believe a colorful lie than face a grey truth. I don't care how boring or dull the truth is, I value that more than some fantasy. And that's why you believe in a god, and I simply don't believe you when you claim one exists. ~KMFDM_Kid2000

Loud Atheism
9 hours ago
Loud Atheism

And you say you believe in the bible so much, then you know how the bible and your god feel about you getting raped? In case you didn't, here's what the bible says about what your god thinks should happen:

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." --Deuteronomy 22:28-29

That's right, your god thinks as a punishment, your rapist should have to marry you. How does that sound to you? What about how YOU feel about the guy that raped you? Don't you see how backwards that is?

And before you go saying "Oh that's the OLD testament, it doesn't apply". Well, not according to this:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." --Matthew 5:17

Words supposedly spoken by Jesus, which state all of the Old Testament applies, and a rather glowing endorsement. So Jesus thinks you should have to be forced to marry your rapist too.

And here's one about killing babies, just because I want you to see exactly how vile and evil this book is:

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." --Psalm 137:9

And how about your god endorsing the cannibalism of someone's child, grinding them up and feeding them to their parents as punishment?

"I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them." --Jeremiah 19:9

Absolutely disgusting, and you have the audacity to call this book GOOD? Was your virginity worth only 50 silver pieces, and to add insult to injury, you're forced to marry your rapist? Have you any self respect? ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
8 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Yes I respect and my body. I believe in God and will never stop loving Him, but goodbye. I will pray for you and may God bless you.
Loud Atheism
7 hours ago
Loud Atheism

And the classic "I'll pray for you", which is the christian way to say "I lost the argument, go fuck yourself". You pray for us, we'll THINK for you. By now you're used to everyone else doing your thinking for you anyway.

I'm sure if you even pray, it will go a lot like this:

~KMFDM_Kid2000

Loud Atheism
7 hours ago
Loud Atheism

As this conversation dies with a whimper on your part, I genuinely wonder what the hell you hoped in accomplishing in opening this can of worms in the first place? You're not even a formidable christian. No high level apologetics arguments, you barely even know your bible, you don't even know your arguments. And we're supposed to take your words seriously? Did you pray before you spoke up? If you did I hope that goes to show you how powerless that concept is. By now, I probably have 1,000 people just like you, half-ass christians with fragile arguments, and even more fragile faith, who don't know their head from their ass when it comes to even making a foothold in an argument. Despite all this, I'm still an atheist, and there now you lie in your bed, like a scared deer in the headlights, scared at the remote possibility that maybe, just maybe, you've bought into some bullshit for as long as you can remember.

I don't know what you thought you'd accomplish by coming here, but if you thought you could stick your hand into the lion's cage, and still have an arm left, you were sadly mistaken.

If you'd like more information on what we can offer as far as why we don't believe in your god, or why your bible is a complete joke, we'll gladly give it to you. But if you come here with your weak arguments and fallacious reasoning, expect us to hand you your ass back to you on a silver platter. ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
6 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

No I wouldn't. If I prayed for you, I would ask God to comfort your heart. Whether good or bad, or atheist, you're still a human and I still love you. I pray for everyone in the world, I love everyone even if they don't love me. I'm sorry if I offended any of you in any way. I don't want to argue, but see your point of view on the world. I don't think your stupid, I think your a person just like everyone else who stands up for themselves and I understand that. But please don't get upset at me for just trying to say something about God. I know you don't believe Him and I accept that. But I don't hate you or anyone else. I love everyone from the bottom of my heart even for their disadvantages.
THEIST GIRL
6 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Loud Atheism
5 hours ago
Loud Atheism

So tell me then, if you're interested in a real dialog, why then have you ignored the issues I've presented? The real problems with the bible, both morally and factual, the burden of proof, and where it belongs, those topics you avoided like the plague and didn't even acknowledge until I pressed the issue. We see that EVERY single day from believers. And every day, we send them running away with their tail between their legs. On a good day, perhaps we get one or two that begin to question why they believe what they believe, but from experience, none of you believers are honest. Not a single one. Ever. Even me when I was a believer.

So answer this: I already know WHAT you believe, now tell me WHY do you believe that? Again, I don't want a rehash of your dogma. I know that better than you do. I want to know WHY you think it's a good idea to believe what you believe? ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
4 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Because of numerous reasons, but my daddy never came into my life. After I was born, he didn't claim me, but I still love him and no I'm not lying. I have always wanted a daddy. A daddy that could tell me about boys, a daddy that could take a picture of me on my prom night, a daddy that could always be there for me, and a daddy that could walk me down the aisle for my wedding. Unfortunately, daddy will not be able to be there for me. Sometimes I would see people in stores or churches and wish that was my daddy that would protect me. But instead, I have God. He is my Heavenly Father. He might not be able to physically walk down the aisle on my wedding day (if I have one)with me or take a picture of me, but He's still there. I can't see Him, but I feel Him. He's like a comforting presence and no I'm not lying. I despise lying and I can't stand lies. I've always wanted a father figure that could say to me every day " I love you sweetheart," and mean it and just be there for me. God was that Father. I know you don't have a belief in a god, but I just want to live this life. I want a Father in my life that is there for me and loves me and I want to feel that heartiness and love in my life. I wanted to be a Christian and I became one this year in March on the 16th day. I sometimes preach in my youth class and it feels so assuring to stand up there and speak. God, to me is real. Why did I come to this page? I just wanted to finally know what you really believed in. I didn't want to argue or find out if God was real or not. I just wanted to know. But He's my Father and others,too.
Loud Atheism
3 hours ago
Loud Atheism

"Because of numerous reasons, but my daddy never came into my life."

I asked why you believe what you do, and you give me a vague bullshit "numerous reasons", which leads me to believe you have NO good reason to believe what you do, like every other christian/muslim/hindu/scientologist on the entire planet. Then you quickly steer the conversation away from the topic. Again, that's dishonest, and I am not going to let you do that without calling you out on it.

"After I was born, he didn't claim me, but I still love him and no I'm not lying."

You're avoiding the topic.

"I have always wanted a daddy. A daddy that could tell me about boys, a daddy that could take a picture of me on my prom night, a daddy that could always be there for me, and a daddy that could walk me down the aisle for my wedding."

So your belief in nonsense is based on your desire for a father figure. You realize, this is a psychological issue, and no where near a valid reason for anything but psychological issues, right?

"Unfortunately, daddy will not be able to be there for me. Sometimes I would see people in stores or churches and wish that was my daddy that would protect me. But instead, I have God."

Ok, then where was god to protect you when you needed it? All you're displaying is you're turning and twisting your wishful thinking for a father, into a god I can show you time and time isn't there, or even possible.

"He is my Heavenly Father."

You THINK he is, but you are delusional.

"He might not be able to physically walk down the aisle on my wedding day (if I have one)with me or take a picture of me, but He's still there."

What's the difference between this and an imaginary friend?

"I can't see Him, but I feel Him. He's like a comforting presence and no I'm not lying. I despise lying and I can't stand lies."

You've already shown you can be dishonest. Dishonesty does not always mean intentional lying. Wanting something to be true, no matter how much you want it, isn't going to make it so. The best thing you can do for your life is start living in reality, and take advantage of your youth, you have time to educate yourself and make something of yourself. Don't squander it wasting your life and energy wishing and praying, rather than doing and accomplishing.

"I've always wanted a father figure that could say to me every day " I love you sweetheart," and mean it and just be there for me. God was that Father."

No amount of desire for something to be true is going to make it true. You're ignoring hard evidence that shows you, if a god exists, he certainly isn't the god of the bible. And if he were, we're all in deep shit because that guy's a major asshole.

"I know you don't have a belief in a god, but I just want to live this life."

Then live it, why do you need to taint it believing in harmful fairy tales? You're like I was all fucked up on drugs, not knowing reality from fantasy, mind clouded, and making bad judgement calls.

"I want a Father in my life that is there for me and loves me and I want to feel that heartiness and love in my life."

No, what you want is a Disney Princess life, and that isn't reality. You are asking for a world of hurt and disappointment down the road if you continue to think this way. Mark my words, and remember this conversation. One day, you're going to realize it for yourself. One day when you're old, and your life is spent, wasted in fantasy, avoiding the grim reality that you wasted your only life, your only chance, on a lie you refused to investigate. A lie that consumed your entire life, leaving nothing left for you to enjoy.

"I wanted to be a Christian and I became one this year in March on the 16th day."

And why did you do that without knowing everything about what that means? So now you endorse slavery just like Jehova and Jesus did? Or are you so dishonest, that you only pick and choose what you want to believe in, cherry picking the verses you like, ignoring the ones you don't? I would say you fall into this category, judging by how you glossed over verses about your god having such a non-caring manner with concerns about rape. You do know, your god ORDERED the Israelites to kill entire civilizations, only to keep the virgins around as rape slaves, do you not? Well you do now -->

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you." --Deuteronomy 20:10-14

"They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil." --Judges 5:30

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." --Exodus 21:7-11

"Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city." --Zechariah 14:1-2

And yes, there's more where that came from. So you're not bothered by a god that orders his people to kill men, women, BABIES, and keep virgins for themselves as rape slaves? You've lost your mind and have smashed your moral compass to BITS if you're willing to overlook these things.

"I sometimes preach in my youth class and it feels so assuring to stand up there and speak."

Again, this isn't proof of anything other than you can't deal with life, so you created a crutch to try and get by.

"God, to me is real."

Real to you does not mean real in reality for the rest of us, where it actually matters.

"Why did I come to this page? I just wanted to finally know what you really believed in."

Then why did you right off the bat claim you already knew, by telling us we say there is no god? You DO realize, there are THOUSANDS of different gods out there that people make claims to. How are you so sure, yours is right? You have no right to make a claim like that, and call it fact. You have no good reason to believe. You're fooling yourself, drowning in your own bath tub. Sure, we can throw you a life vest, but you've got to be able to see it for what it is. You're heavily indoctrinated, brain washed into this fantasy thinking, because yeah, you've had a rough life. And so have I. But I face reality, and stand up on my own two feet. I have integrity, and I value the truth. You value a fantasy, a fairy tale. And that's where our similarities end. I refuse to subject myself to those fairy tales. Truth to me simply was more important than my beliefs. Because I'm not dishonest, and I will only accept GOOD TRUE information exclusively.

"I didn't want to argue or find out if God was real or not."

Sure you did, that's why you kept, and keep, replying. You just can't believe others out there see something so real and good to you as the ultimate evil, the biggest pile of bullshit imaginable.

"I just wanted to know. But He's my Father and others,too."

He certainly isn't MY heavenly father. I don't need a sky-daddy to be a good person. I'm strong enough to stand up on my own two feet and face the world, face reality. That's because I have courage. What does that make you? Well I won't sugar coat it. You will learn I only have honesty in my bones. That makes you nothing more than a coward. ~KMFDM_Kid2000
THEIST GIRL
3 hours ago
THEIST GIRL

Okay, I'm a coward or what ever you want me to be, but goodbye KMFDM-Kid2000. I told you why I believed in God and you called me a story teller, so fine that's what I will be to you.
Loud Atheism
a few seconds ago
Loud Atheism

Yes, you are indeed a coward, a dishonest coward who can't face the trials of life without an imaginary friend. You also have no integrity, even after being shown your beliefs are harmful, you cling to them like a superstitious scared little child with daddy issues.

We can continue the conversation if you'd like. I'm not kicking you off the page unless you do something to deserve it. Having ass backwards beliefs doesn't fall into that category. You can leave if you wish, although I think you came here in the first place because yes, you do have at least a seed of doubt, and you want to find something to validate your belief, because deep down inside, even you know it's bullshit. You know it's absurd, so you come here full of bravado, thinking you're going to change some hard core atheists minds and show us your imaginary friend's "love". What you DIDN'T expect is to have your argument pulled out from under you. THAT surprised you, and you don't know what to do now, so you run away.

Yes, you don't have the courage, or the resources to stand up against people who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to beliefs, logic, religion. No amount of praying is going to give you those skills. So run along now, go pray to your imaginary sky-daddy, the one who thinks your being raped should be punished by forcing you to marry your rapist. The one who advocates slavery and the slaughtering of infants in the most vile of ways. But don't you DARE call that good, fact, or even real without a good reason to do so. ~KMFDM_Kid2000

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KMFDM_Kid2000's post
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm
I must say, as much as I enjoy seeing a dosage of reality given to these people, it's still kinda chilling to know that the world they have constructed for them is crumbling around them. Great read, can learn some things here.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
10-07-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm
But wait! There's more! This is currently on-going, and I'm starting to get fed up, so the nastiness is coming out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

THEIST GIRL
No, you're wrong about me being dishonest. I have friends who are athiest and they never would tell me what they believed in. So, I came to this page. One of my atheist friends said the same exact things as you. Yes, he doesn't believe in God, but he's still my friend and a very nice person to talk with. My imaginary sky daddy you're throwing up to me is the only daddy I really have in this world. Science has not proved evolution,btw evolution is just a theory and a theory is something that has not yet been proven. Therefore, don't tell me that I came from a fish that crawled onto land and eventually turned into ape which came to be a human. That is even more difficult for me to believe than a "God". So go ahead, tell me my god is evil and I'm a coward and throw every word you can think of to call me, but I still know what I believe in. My "god" might be created in our minds, but how do you really know? I'd rather live my life as if there is a God, than live my life as if there isn't and then die and found out there is.
9:22pm
Loud Atheism

"No, you're wrong about me being dishonest."

You are indeed dishonest. I already outlined why, and I'm not going around in circles with you on that topic. You have not realized your beliefs using honest methods, therefore, you are dishonest.

"I have friends who are athiest and they never would tell me what they believed in. So, I came to this page. One of my atheist friends said the same exact things as you."

How would you know he said the exact same thing as me if he would never tell you what he believed in? You contradict yourself there.

"Yes, he doesn't believe in God, but he's still my friend and a very nice person to talk with."

As can we be, when you aren't accusing us of being agents of the fucking devil. Do you have any idea how insulting that is? And I've TRIED to keep it tame with you. Often I tell you believers to fuck off, and give detailed instructions on how to anally fuck yourselves using crucifixes and rusty nails. The other admins can tell you, THIS IS ME BEING NICE.

"My imaginary sky daddy you're throwing up to me is the only daddy I really have in this world."

And you don't see the oxymoron there?

"Science has not proved evolution,btw evolution is just a theory and a theory is something that has not yet been proven."

I'm asking this as nice as I possibly can, but ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? The word "Theory" when used in the scientific context, MEANS it's been proven, such as in the "Theory of Gravity", "The Big Bang Theory", etc.

"When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena." --> http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is...heory.html

Just because you haven't studied it enough to understand it does NOT mean there isn't mountains upon mountains of evidence for evolution. Perhaps you need to listen to your pastor LESS and your teachers MORE and you might learn how wrong you are. And even if you disproved evolution TOMORROW, that does ABSOLUTELY nothing to prove your god exists. In the future, please don't make false asinine statements about something you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about. THAT'S when you see how nasty I can get.

"Therefore, don't tell me that I came from a fish that crawled onto land and eventually turned into ape which came to be a human."

I will when there is HARD EVIDENCE of it, and there is. See for yourself, the amount of evidence for evolution is overwhelming --> http://www.talkorigins.org/

"That is even more difficult for me to believe than a "God"."

So sorry that actual science is just a little more complex than "God did it". You fucking believers always want easy answers, because you're too damned lazy to learn something that matters that just might be a little difficult to understand, so you give up, and take the easy way out.

"So go ahead, tell me my god is evil and I'm a coward and throw every word you can think of to call me, but I still know what I believe in."

Oh please, like you even KNOW what it is you even believe in. I don't even take you seriously as a christian. You don't even know what your own beliefs are to begin with.

"My "god" might be created in our minds, but how do you really know?"

Observing reality and comparing that to the idiotic claims people like you make, using reason and logic to invalidate your claims, THAT'S how I know your beliefs are full of shit. It's what I've been saying all along. If you'd actually read/listen, you would have seen that by now, but you're willingly ignorant.

"I'd rather live my life as if there is a God, than live my life as if there isn't and then die and found out there is."

This argument is a typical one by you theists called "Pascal's Wager". This proves your beliefs are NOT sincere, that you just believe as insurance. You think an omniscient god wouldn't see right through you as a fraud? Please. And you're not even considering the 9,999 OTHER gods, many of which demand sole respect, like for instance Allah of Islam, whom would send you to Ilsamic hell for worshiping what the Muslims consider to be a false prophet. So what if you're worshiping the wrong god then?

I seriously wonder if you even think about what you say before you say it. You're definitely an amateur at this, and you say these things as if we haven't seen them 100 times a day. The fact that you can't see the flaws in your own arguments and logic simply make me lose respect for any intelligence you might actually posses, which at this point, I'm not convinced you DO possess, or at the very least, you don't put much thought into these things and you'd rather have others do your thinking for you. ~KMFDM_Kid2000

11-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Wow, brutal, but a great read. Can't wait to see more, I learned some things to use in my own debates! Smile
11-07-2013, 04:15 PM
First I must say that I have enjoyed most, if not all, of your posts. But honestly, on this one I think you went overboard. I could be wrong. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but there is a difference between being brutally honest, and just being brutal. Of course I agree with your content, but beating down a seriously ,emotionally fragile young girl could be considered abusive.

If you were take that tactic to..say PleaseJesus( or whatever name he is using now) I wouldn't think anything of it. At least he can take it,as an adult.

If she had attacked you, then maybe attack back. But from what I read she was seriously incapable of understanding ,intellectually and more importantly, emotionally the subject matter. Perhaps at this time in her life she needs that crutch. Just to get her through this time in her life. Who are you to judge what she needs? Or me? But tell me, what is the difference of attacking someone so emotionally young, and someone who has already been betrayed by adults in her life, even though your information is correct, than the adult that tells her she is stupid, ignorant, a coward just because they can?

Do the ends justify the means? To what end were your tactics for? To bludgeon her in to accepting Atheism? Because she pissed you off? She's 15, there are alot of things she hasn't figured out. Just because you went through your bad times and made it through on your own doesn't give you authority to belittle someone because they haven't...at 15...seriously, if she brings a flower to the fight, no need to use a nuclear bomb. If a man treated my daughter like that,whether she deserved it or not, I would stomp his ass into a mudhole...

I think you said you had kids? Would you ever condone someone talking to them in that fashion? Even if their information was right?
11-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:Do the ends justify the means? To what end were your tactics for? To bludgeon her in to accepting Atheism?

No, not at all. She can wallow in her own ignorance for the rest of her life for all I care. I AM more brutal when posting as the page, as that is the theme of the page to begin with. I won't say I'm playing a character, it's not like that, as I am being honest in the statements I'm making, and sticking with the theme of the page.

I am not trying to convert anyone to atheism. The purpose of the page is to provide a safe haven for atheists to mock religion, spout off some steam, blaspheme, and just say things that otherwise would not be considered politically correct. Not talking racism or bigotry, but frustration at religion and its followers. That's why it's called "Loud" atheism, and not "Care Bear" atheism.

Quote:If she had attacked you, then maybe attack back.

She did attempt to put on her big girl pants and try to evangelize towards the administrative group of atheists of a notoriously abrasive anti-religious page. Subsequently, she got bit back in the ass for doing so. I'm fully capable of keeping it high brow and intellectual when the situation warrants it and there's an actual dialog going. When I debate as myself, I at least try to dip my toe in the intellectual waters and see if my opponent bites, but if they come out swinging, I get my baseball bat of reason, and beat them about the face and head with words. Believe me when I say this, I rather toned it down for this one. Often, when we get those fire and brimstone types, I get out the heavy blasphemy and like to paint rather disgusting imagery.

Quote:Perhaps at this time in her life she needs that crutch.

Respectfully, I would have to disagree. Learning to deal with one's problems in a rational and effective manner as early as possible is entirely beneficial, and a crutch based in fantasy isn't going to solve anything to any degree based in reality.

Quote:Who are you to judge what she needs? Or me?

Someone she decided to challenge. It's not like I went knocking on HER door. I refuse to coddle anyone's superstition, or offer validation that which does not deserve validation in the first place.

Quote:But tell me, what is the difference of attacking someone so emotionally young, and someone who has already been betrayed by adults in her life, even though your information is correct, than the adult that tells her she is stupid, ignorant, a coward just because they can?

Again, she's the one that picked that fight and got in a position of being overwhelmed in the first place. She's the one accusing us as working for Satan. As one of the admins of a page that espouses non-belief with the goal of being abrasive in the first place, it's entirely consistent with not only how we choose to operate the page, but how we genuinely feel about our non-belief and anti-theistic stance. I'm not all of the sudden going to change the way we operate because some people think we should be nice. We get people who disagree with our methods almost as much as we get bible thumpers damning us to eternal torture. I kindly remind them about what the page is clearly labeled as, what that means, and if it gets ugly, well then I deal with it. It may not be for everyone, but that's how we do.

Quote:If a man treated my daughter like that,whether she deserved it or not, I would stomp his ass into a mudhole...

*YAWN* Internet Tough Guy Syndrome, eh? You actually made me giggle when I saw this.

Quote:I think you said you had kids? Would you ever condone someone talking to them in that fashion? Even if their information was right?

See, the thing is, I teach my kids to man up, and face responsibility for their actions. I also teach them the value of truth, no matter how ugly it is. My kids are often right there with me, reading along as I type out these long and drawn out arguments. I don't paint them a kaleidoscope of lies. They know how I feel about these topics. "Are you arguing with another Jesus asshole again, Dad?" is a common phrase in my house. I don't restrict language in my household, so yes, they aren't strangers to the word. I DO teach them proper usage, and to mind their manners and their tongue in public, or when they are guests.

So what would I do if someone talked to one of my kids in that fashion? Expect them to stand up for truth, defend themselves if the situation warrants, and admit when the other party's facts are better than the facts they have. I generally am not worried about stupid coming out of my kids' mouths in the first place. Both are honor roll students, both are mature for their ages, and both can handle themselves intellectually if confronted. I know, I've seen them do so.

I know I'm an asshole, and I make no apologies for that. I am such in response to a world where fantasy trumps truth, and asinine beliefs are given unwarranted validation and respect. This is the direct cause of many of society's ills, and I make no apologies for handling things the way I do, or preparing my children for potentially difficult lives. I don't force atheism on my kids. In fact, I regularly teach them about ALL religions, and encourage them to make a choice either way when they're adults. I encourage them to visit religious related events appropriate for their age, and they do, every Thursday they attend a church sponsored youth activity group, in which they are exposed to being evangelized. I'm very frank with them about my personal stance, and tell them I would love them no matter what they chose to believe in.

My oldest identifies with the label "agnostic" and my youngest claims he is an atheist. They say that, and I tell them "No you're kids, decide when you're older, for now, have fun and focus on school". So to answer your question, no, I wouldn't get my panties in a twist if someone talked to my kids that way, because I parent by reason, and to get bent out of shape over words they received when they decided to antagonize in the first place, isn't going to phase me.

13-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Meh, whatever floats your boat.

I was speaking as a parent, I'm not an aggressive person, I was not trying to show how tough I am, but how I would feel. I thought as a parent, you might understand.

You want to berate people, go ahead...I just try communicate the same way on the internet as if they were standing in front of me. If I were to talk to a man in that fashion,face to face, probably it would end in a fight...especially where I grew up in the south. So I try to be respectful at all times, whether in person or on the internet.

So, you giggle at me for being an"internet tough guy"? Of the two of us, which one was the bully? To a child? On the internet?

But whatever, I still enjoy your posts, I was just expressing a point of view, carry onThumbsup