Facebook Preachers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 06:43 PM
RE: Facebook Preachers
Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in You. I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son, and that He died on the cross so that I may have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. With You in my heart my life is meaningless! I believe Jesus rose from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed and come into my heart as my personal Savior today. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN. ***Kindly take time to press "Share" because Christ commands us to share the Gospel with the entire world

And the crazy Facebook shit keeps on coming

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 08:11 PM
(15-02-2012 06:43 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in You. I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son, and that He died on the cross so that I may have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. With You in my heart my life is meaningless! I believe Jesus rose from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed and come into my heart as my personal Savior today. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN. ***Kindly take time to press "Share" because Christ commands us to share the Gospel with the entire world

And the crazy Facebook shit keeps on coming

Response:
Make believe Father, have self-pity on me, a sinner. I believe in a false belief so that I do not have make real-life decisions for myself. I believe that pretend Jesus is your pretend Son, and that He died on the pretend cross so that I may have faux-giveness for my imagined sins and the delusion of eternal life. With You as my false belief system my life has pretend meaning! I believe pretend Jesus rose from pretend dead. Please pretend Jesus pretend to forgive me, for every sin I have never committed and come into my emotional centers of my brain as my personal pretend Savior today. I pray this in the name of Faux-Jesus, AMEN. ***Kindly take time to press "Share" because pretend Christ commands us to share the pretend Gospel with the entire world, as long as their white, college educated and vote republican.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
15-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm seeing more and more quotes from scripture as well as "everything happens for a reason" sayings. I don't know how to react. I want to confront BS when I see it - but many of these people are friends and attacking their beliefs on the internet isn't going to change a thing.
15-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I try not to directly attack others beliefs - regardless of how their posts make me feel.

Having said that, I have no issues whatsoever putting up my stuff... It's cathartic, and evens the scale... Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2012, 08:48 PM
(15-02-2012 08:29 PM)JohnnieWalker Wrote:  I'm seeing more and more quotes from scripture as well as "everything happens for a reason" sayings. I don't know how to react. I want to confront BS when I see it - but many of these people are friends and attacking their beliefs on the internet isn't going to change a thing.

Publically going after friends could be social suicide, if you worry about such things.
Everything happens for a reason?
Just reply with:”I believe everything happens by pure random chance”.
Any replies that asks questions such as: “How do you explain X”
Respond over and over with “I explain X as everything happens by pure random chance”
Like a broken record.
You will not get the Christians Kool-aide drinkers, but others seeing this will know that not everyone agrees with the statement. Maybe some will find support in this.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
16-02-2012, 06:14 PM
At least God has finally decided to enter the 21st century by giving his followers the opportunity to "Post", "Like", and "Share" the good word through Facebook. Thats better than a burning bush, agree?

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
16-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Anything is better than a burning bush... oh wait, you meant the thing with Moses.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post