Facebook - What did you put?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Question Facebook - What did you put?
I was recently on facebook and my eyes ran across my religious status. It was left blank. Now, upon being asked, I will typically not feel any reservation about letting people know my faith [well, the lack of].

But I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving it on my facebook account. I have extended family that doesn't know, I have friends that don't know, and honestly I really enjoy my facebook as just a place to keep in contact with others, not to lose friendships or spark any debates.

But I wanted to know what YOU put?

[Image: 92198958.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2010, 01:53 AM
RE: Facebook - What did you put?
Secular Humanist.
& lol at "Fruit Heights".

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
03-10-2010, 05:07 AM

For a long time I just put "other", but recently I wrote a note detailing my going from theist to atheist, and at that point set my views to atheist.
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2010, 06:24 AM

Atheist. No reason to be shameful about it.
03-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Atheist. And one friend was surprised that I would admit it and then confided that she too "swam in that pool". Just checked her status, and it is still blank.
03-10-2010, 12:37 PM
My Facebook status said atheist until I deleted my Facebook account in June when they deleted the Everybody Draw Mohammad page and promised Pakistan that there would be no such free speech on their site ever again.
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
I put: Frisbeterian. I believe when you die your soul goes up on the roof and can't come back down.
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
If people belive strongly enough to put in "christian" or "muslim" then "athiest" is perfectly acceptable. If its what you believe then who is anyone to tell you otherwise? But lets face it if people had any sence about them, everyone would be an athiest.

It's easy to think people are listening to you, but in actual fact they are just waiting for their turn to speak.
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I put myself as a Jewtheist originally (and atheistic cultural Jew), but now it's just "atheist".

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM

I put "Laplacian" - not one person out of a hundred would know what that is.