Facebook and constant connectivity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2011, 01:03 PM
RE: Facebook and constant connectivity
The premise behind using a social media site to connect with friends that you may otherwise be unable to interact with is a nice concept, but thanks to idiots, fools and assholes it is exploited and degraded into something that it should not be. Of course we all take our risks joining sites like facebook and of course we have little room to bitch about the drama queens since we added them to our "friends" list in the first place. All in all my complaints about facebook are outweighed by the joy I get from interacting with friends that live >1000 miles away that I do not talk to very often. I still like to bitch though....Tongue

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2011, 02:27 PM
(24-10-2011 11:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You have to actually contact the facebook administrators to delete an account and that supposedly is very difficult. I would remove all of the information you can and turn all the settings to private so no one can search for you and find you.

Thanks for the tips.

Having to contact the administrators to delete an account is indeed pretty creepy.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 04:17 PM
In the terms and conditions when you sign up it says anything you put on there becomes the property of facebook.

If you disable your account (without contacting admin) then lo and behold a year later if you sign in......your account is still there.

Its just the biggest think tank.....the best way of advertising.....known to man today.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user