Facebook and the workplace.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Facebook and the workplace.
(17-07-2012 11:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Rules are for the ruled, not the rulers. Silly. Angel
How silly of me.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx9-m1v112SygrNRF3Fiz...f65Gz4N40U]

Big Grin

I think I may have found a "back door" anyhow peeps Tongue

I have located all of the people who work in the office, the agency managers, all supervisors and all the brown nosers who arent on my friends list who I mistrust and blocked them all.

As far as they are concerned I dont exist anymore on facebook...... I know the plan isnt ineffable but its one up for me temporarily.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
17-07-2012, 03:43 PM
(17-07-2012 11:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 11:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Rules are for the ruled, not the rulers. Silly. Angel
How silly of me.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx9-m1v112SygrNRF3Fiz...f65Gz4N40U]

Big Grin

I think I may have found a "back door" anyhow peeps Tongue

I have located all of the people who work in the office, the agency managers, all supervisors and all the brown nosers who arent on my friends list who I mistrust and blocked them all.

As far as they are concerned I dont exist anymore on facebook...... I know the plan isnt ineffable but its one up for me temporarily.
Ineffable? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-07-2012, 05:32 PM
(17-07-2012 09:35 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 09:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He's a bin man. He ain't got no expectation of privacy.
Erm...... my official title is "refuse collector"

Get with the times, sexist pig Tongue

Refuse disposal engineer sounds better. I spent a good deal of my time in the Navy as a horizontal plane luster technician.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-07-2012, 05:44 PM
A bin man by any other name... smells like a bin man. Laughat

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-07-2012, 08:10 PM
(17-07-2012 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ineffable? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Damn it Chas...... have you not known me long enough to know that I cant spell/write for shit ha ha Tongue

I thought Ineffable was like a almost "godly" term, beyond comprehension etc etc Huh

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
17-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, you did just what I wanted to say. Find everyone that is connected to anyone from your workplace and block them. They don't even need to be from your workplace, they can be some other friends, that are friends with your boss, or someone. So, spend some time investigating and remove them all.

Gotta remove them all...

Pokemon.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-07-2012, 12:23 AM
There was a woman at my former job who wrote on her Facebook, "They can shove the 'spark' right up their asses!" This came after a particularly difficult day of work for her. She was called shortly after and reprimanded by HR. She removed the status, and I advised her to remove any and all management from her friends list and also to close her profile off to completely friends only, so only those she was friends with could see what she wrote. I think everything was okay after that, but she wouldn't shut up about the incident and they eventually fired her for that.

Personally, I don't think that what you do outside of the company's property, and especially when not on THEIR time, is any of their business. It's common sense you shouldn't say something negative about the company that could be easily traced back to you by them if they ever happened across it, unlike if you verbally said, "I hate *insert company name here* and I hope they all die in a fire!" No one could actually trace that back to you if you spoke the words, but if you WROTE them, then they can. So, yeah. That sort of thing, I can see where they'd be coming from in wanting to punish you for it because it does look bad for them to have their workers bad mouthing them so willingly. But if you're just talking about whatever you wanna talk about and it has nothing to do with the company and they aren't paying you while you say it, then I feel they have absolutely no business snooping around your personal pages. That's kinda like them coming into your bedroom and cracking open your diary unannounced.
18-07-2012, 01:58 AM
You can also have an anonymous profile, without your pictures, so you can write whatever you want and your boss can be your friend, you can shit on his head and he can't do nothing, since he does not know who you are.

Why would anyone use their name and put their real pictures on something as public as Facebook, even with all the restrictions and "protection" you might have put up?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Never add anybody from work to your facebook, and always use a fake name, block those who cause trouble Profit!?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
18-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Simple solution.... delete everyone off of your fb that you work with and lock you fb down like fort nox.

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
[+] 1 user Likes Unreal's post