Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme
(26-09-2015 05:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  it is all about political correctness
I heard many times from Democrats that attacking black President(Obama) is racist. Those who attack Obama do this because they don't want black man in white house.
So, following that logic I ask: isn't it racist to call black man and may be future president "an idiot" and other things.

No. People were attacking Obama in 2008 and 2012 BECAUSE he is black. But they were masking it in arguments challenging his birth place, his birth certificate, this religion, etc. They called him a Muslim, and loved to focus on his middle name as if it made him sound evil. Hmm, you did that earlier too. Are you possibly projecting your own racism? Who knows. Anyway, the people who challenged Obama on these things would NEVER challenge a white person with those same arguments.

So, yeah- they were racist against Obama. And that just scratches the surface of the racism toward Obama.

We aren't seeing that same thing with Ben Carson- not from the left or the right. Why not the left? Because in general, racists aren't attracted to the left. Why not the right? Because he's a black guy that sometimes talks about how bad other black people are, or that denies there's a racial divide, etc.. It's a classic tactic that people use to get away with being racist, or misogynistic. Have someone from that group come on and say what you want to say, without having to have an old white dude saying it. Fox uses this tactic frequently.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 06:30 PM by Free Thought.)
(13-10-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 02:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  You are incorrect, we do know.
Only the ignorant and deluded don't know.

Nobody knows exact age of Earth and this is what Ben Carson was saying.
It is fact(the truth)

[Image: mmRIO7V.gif]

It's true that we don't know the exact age of the earth, but 'exact age' is a bullshit ploy that distracts from the actual issue of age.

Why do I say this? Because the best scientific estimates we have place the Earth at 4.54 × 10^9 years ± 1% (or 4.54 billion years, give or take 1%). That number is based on well understood physical phenomena, namely the decay rates and half-lives of tested elements.

This number is accurate within a 1% margin of error.

In this day and age, to say something like 'I don't know how old the earth is' is a feat of ignorance that cannot be excused away with platitudes about 'exacts' or that 'nobody knows' when clearly people do have very good grounds for the calculations (namely; how the universe works) and they are precise enough that 'exacts' become a quibble term.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
17-10-2015, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 01:13 PM by Alla.)
(13-10-2015 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nobody knows exact age of Earth and this is what Ben Carson was saying.
It is fact(the truth)

[Image: mmRIO7V.gif]

It's true that we don't know the exact age of the earth, but 'exact age' is a bullshit ploy that distracts from the actual issue of age.

Why do I say this? Because the best scientific estimates we have place the Earth at 4.54 × 10^9 years ± 1% (or 4.54 billion years, give or take 1%). That number is based on well understood physical phenomena, namely the decay rates and half-lives of tested elements.

In this day and age, to say something like 'I don't know how old the earth is' is a feat of ignorance that cannot be excused away with platitudes about 'exacts' or that 'nobody knows' when clearly people do have very good grounds for the calculations (namely; how the universe works) and they are precise enough that 'exacts' become a quibble term.

When theists say that they don't know how old Earth is they mean that they don't know how old Earth is according to the Bible. The Bible is silent about age of Earth.
So, when people say that Ben Carson believes in young Earth he rejects this accusation.
NOBODY knows what age of Earth is according to the Bible.
I believe that Earth may be older then 100 billion years. Who knows? Nobody knows, yet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12...85527.html

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
17-10-2015, 01:10 PM
http://news.discovery.com/space/violent-...140610.htm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ormed.html
Ben Carson is very intelligent man and he can be good president.

17-10-2015, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 04:13 PM by Free Thought.)
(17-10-2015 01:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: mmRIO7V.gif]

When theists say that they don't know how old Earth is they mean that they don't know how old Earth is according to the Bible. The Bible is silent about age of Earth.
So, when people say that Ben Carson believes in young Earth he rejects this accusation.
NOBODY knows what age of Earth is according to the Bible.

Given that the bible is at its very best a factually errant origin myth for the Jews, with a later magical Jew DLC, it doesn't surprise me that it says nothing on the age of the Earth, written by varyingly ignorant primitives as it was.

I would like to know how you establish that other people are talking only about their supposed biblical estimate of the Earth as opposed to the actual age of the Earth in context.

(17-10-2015 01:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that Earth may be older then 100 billion years. Who knows? Nobody knows, yet.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12...85527.html

If you are still talking about 'biblical age', I'll have to respond 'As usual with the bible, it's off big-time.'

If you are talking about reality, however (as your links imply), I'll have to tell you that you are wrong in your tossed-out estimate by a considerable margin, as you would know by your own links had you followed them to the paper and read it.

According to the researchers themselves, their data suggests that the Earth-moon system began its formation 40 Ma before we initially thought, they also say that over the 4.5 GA (4.5 billion years) the gases in the Earth's mantel have become rehomogenised (just quoting that for the age reference; the gas reservoir homogenisation don't really matter for this, it's just context).

If we decided to take a leap and trust the ability of Google to do math, the 40 Ma the researchers stated is within the margin of error I mentioned previously.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-10-2015, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 03:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-10-2015 01:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  Ben Carson is very intelligent man and he can be good president.

He is a very intelligent man and he would be a disastrous president. He has zero foreign policy experience ("I don't care who the president of Uzbekibekistan is.") and he has no clue about macroeconomics. He is as unqualified for president that I've ever seen.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 05:18 PM
(17-10-2015 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 01:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  Ben Carson is very intelligent man and he can be good president.
He is a very intelligent man and he would be a disastrous president. He has zero foreign policy experience ("I don't care who the president of Uzbekibekistan is.")
He will have advisors who have this kind of experience.
(17-10-2015 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  and he has no clue about macroeconomics. He is as unqualified for president that I've ever seen.
He will have advisors who have clues. Every president learns.
Senator Obama had zero foreign policy experience, didn't he? Are you satisfied with his foreign policy?

17-10-2015, 05:35 PM
(17-10-2015 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He is a very intelligent man and he would be a disastrous president. He has zero foreign policy experience ("I don't care who the president of Uzbekibekistan is.")
He will have advisors who have this kind of experience.

Is he knowledgeable enough to select the right people? Lindsey Graham would be the natural selection for Secretary of State. Pretty sure Carson don't fucking realize that.

(17-10-2015 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  and he has no clue about macroeconomics. He is as unqualified for president that I've ever seen.
He will have advisors who have clues. Every president learns.

He ain't qualified to select the right advisors.

(17-10-2015 05:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Senator Obama had zero foreign policy experience, didn't he? Are you satisfied with his foreign policy?

You are right. He had zero foreign policy experience. John Kerry is a much better Secretary of State than Hillary. I was not satisfied with Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State but I am with John Kerry. Who would Dr. Carson appoint as his Secretary of State? My money's on he ain't even fucking thought about it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post