Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme
(26-09-2015 08:06 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Our scientific achievements and his skin color are irrelevant. And we don't know if Obama is actually religious or he just tells the public that to get elected.
Yes, we don't know this. But we know that lies once in while. If you like your crappy plan you can keep your crappy plan.
The same we can say about Hillary. They all lie, lie, lie.
But Ben Carson is much more intelligent than Barak Hussein Obama.
Ben Carson is great scientist. He can be great president.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 09:47 PM
(26-09-2015 06:03 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  So what you are saying, is that if someone is worthy of ridicule and criticism, but they happen to be black, that any criticism is racist because they are black regardless of their actions? Dodgy
Many Democrats said that all those who ridicule liberal man Obama do this because they are racist.
Following their logic I assume that all those who ridicule conservative black man are also racist.
But that is not my logic.
Ben Carson is great scientist and doctor and all those who attack his intelligence wish they were as intelligent as he is. But they are NOT.

26-09-2015, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2015 10:24 PM by Imathinker.)
Yes, politicians lie. I am not an Obama or Hillary Clinton lover. No doubt Carson is a good doctor...but denial of evolution and a 4 billion year old earth makes me skeptical of his ability to reason and listen to science when making policy decisions.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 4 users Like Imathinker's post
27-09-2015, 10:28 AM
(26-09-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 06:03 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  So what you are saying, is that if someone is worthy of ridicule and criticism, but they happen to be black, that any criticism is racist because they are black regardless of their actions? Dodgy
Many Democrats said that all those who ridicule liberal man Obama do this because they are racist.
Following their logic I assume that all those who ridicule conservative black man are also racist.
Ben Carson is great scientist and doctor and all those who attack his intelligence wish they were as intelligent as he is. But they are NOT.

Alla, I have to stand in awe of your use of logic... or, more precisely, your lack thereof. I can't decide whether you're on some kind of online satirical performance kick, or if you're truly a living textbook on logical fallacies.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-09-2015, 10:38 AM
(26-09-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  

You keep saying that Carson is a scientist.

Perhaps you can point me in the direction of his most recent peer-reviewed paper?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
27-09-2015, 02:51 PM
(26-09-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...

Please give us the names of these 'many Democrats' and we'll send Girly around there to put them straight.

Thanks.

Hobo

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-09-2015, 03:50 PM
(27-09-2015 10:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  Many Democrats said that all those who ridicule liberal man Obama do this because they are racist.

You keep saying that Carson is a scientist.

Perhaps you can point me in the direction of his most recent peer-reviewed paper?

There is always a few things that comes out of his mouth and public statements that seems so bizarre.

He actually has said his greatest attribute to why he was a neurosurgeon or what made him a good one was his steady hands... not his intellect or other elements of seeking knowledge and convictions about scientific understandings.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-09-2015, 05:05 PM
For a brain surgeon he says incredibly stupid things.

"carbon dating and all of these things really don’t mean anything to a God who has the ability to create anything at any point in time." Facepalm

He dismissed the Big Bang as a "fairy tale"

Only religion has the capacity to make what should be a fairly intelligent person into an idiot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-09-2015, 09:29 AM
(14-09-2015 01:49 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  You may have seen the Ben Carson meme Christians are going nuts over: [Image: carson.jpg]

Yeah, clever right?

It was posted on fb, and here's the conversation so far. Trying to work on a response that doesn't turn into a book.

Me: Calling out someone's namecalling: very good. Misrepresenting evolution: very bad. I would like to see footage of this debate Carson is talking about. In any case, the "come from monkeys" bit shows ignorance. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ks-he-won/
Mike E: Taking joke as fact puts the joke in you. Far more scientific facts behind the biblical version than behind the evolution theory.
Me:I love comedy and can't get enough of it. But, call me a killjoy, if the "joke" gets it wrong I just can't. But also I suspect it's only half joke, since I know many creationists think that's exactly what evolution teaches. I haven't heard one creationist correctly represent what evolution is, joking or not.

I'm going to disagree with you on your second sentence there. But not because I'm atheist and think the Bible got it wrong (which is the case), but because the sentence ignores the fact that for many people - including lots (I've heard "most" but don't have proof on me at the moment) of Christians - evolution does not cancel out the Bible. Lots (again carefully avoiding "most") of Christians believe in evolution, and there are even some atheists who don't believe in evolution.
Josh S:Mike E is still correct. In fact, evolution "teaches" nothing. It speculates. It's a theory. An untestable theory. IMO it doesn't even hold up to philosophical scrutiny. Many large issues at play here, not the least of which are Love, Purpose, and Reason.

Ah man, wtf. How many of you are now suffering brain aneurysm?

It should also be noted that that last guy has the laminin picture as his profile pic. Yeah, that bulshit.

Anyway, off to work.

The meme is just an ad hominem rhetorical trick. It does not in any way prove that he is right. There is nothing substantial to discuss aside from pointing out the obvious.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
28-09-2015, 12:01 PM
(27-09-2015 03:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There is always a few things that comes out of his mouth and public statements that seems so bizarre.
I can expect it from genius. They are not understood by ordinary people very often.
by the way, what statements do you have in mind?
(27-09-2015 03:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He actually has said his greatest attribute to why he was a neurosurgeon or what made him a good one was his steady hands... not his intellect or other elements of seeking knowledge and convictions about scientific understandings.
Probably at that moment he didn't want to brag about how genius he is. But I am sure that his hands are also very good.
And he is so dreamy. Isn't he handsome? Heart Drooling Bowing
he can be good president, at nobody can be worse than president Obama.
Obama is also intelligent man, by the way. I don't deny it.