Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: Facebook debate: Ben Carson Meme
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You do an awful lot of propping up of people vs other people. You really think of these others as so great huh? How do you distinguish and know what a Genius is? Is it the same way you know who the True Prophet is?
Yes, by their fruits(their works).
This is what Jesus also said to those who didn't believe Him. He said: if you don't believe Me(who I am) believe my works.
They saw His works and they denied them.
Some people today see Ben Carson's works but they deny them.
If he is not genius then I don't know who is.
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's not about agenda. Ben Carson willfully admits to not grasping a branch of philosophy and social contract theory or any understanding of how human beings interact apart from his perceived way it works.
Philosophy, "shmilosophy". Who says that this philosophy and theory is correct?
what philosophy are you talking about specifically?
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He even includes not grasping the accepted system that the catholic church endorses which is believe in evolution and God.. they just believe God directs evolution.
So what? Why should we care what he believes about evolution?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 01:39 PM

03-10-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 02:15 PM by ClydeLee.)
(03-10-2015 01:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You do an awful lot of propping up of people vs other people. You really think of these others as so great huh? How do you distinguish and know what a Genius is? Is it the same way you know who the True Prophet is?
Yes, by their fruits(their works).
This is what Jesus also said to those who didn't believe Him. He said: if you don't believe Me(who I am) believe my works.
They saw His works and they denied them.
Some people today see Ben Carson's works but they deny them.
If he is not genius then I don't know who is.
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's not about agenda. Ben Carson willfully admits to not grasping a branch of philosophy and social contract theory or any understanding of how human beings interact apart from his perceived way it works.
Philosophy, "shmilosophy". Who says that this philosophy and theory is correct?
what philosophy are you talking about specifically?
(03-10-2015 01:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He even includes not grasping the accepted system that the catholic church endorses which is believe in evolution and God.. they just believe God directs evolution.
So what? Why should we care what he believes about evolution?

Yes, you evidently don't know what a Genius is by definition or by able to point one out. Doing great things doesn't make one a Genius. Even the concept of Genius is horribly outdated and flawed itself anyway to even bother labeling someone it. Being a good neurosurgeon or charitable human isn't a reflection on if he'll be a genius.

It's philosophy of ethics... and what do you mean correct? There isn't some "correct" answer in philosophy in this manner. Do you understand what is being said? He is also evolutionary completely inaccurate to say selfless love of risking life to save a song doesn't make sense without God, except it fits every evolutionary description out there. His understanding of the issue is deplorable so it should be pointed out.

Why should you care if you think a politician is "conservative" as you want it to be? What a person believes affects their decisions. Someone who embraces or at least understands how science and scientific theories work would be more beneficial to the progress of millions of American's scientific education than the opposite.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Science is crucial for the economy and well-being of a country. Why would we want someone who does not value reason and science to lead our nation?

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
03-10-2015, 03:04 PM
(26-09-2015 05:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 05:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Obama is supportive of science and knows evolution to be a fact.
Yes, Obama supportive of science and Ben Carson even more, he is scientist. And really good one.

No, Ben Carson was a medical practitioner, not a scientist.

Quote:
(26-09-2015 05:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ben Carson would be an embarrassment to this country and looked on as backward and a laughing stalk by leaders of most civilized countries in the world. Ben Carson is an idiot and beyond ridiculous.
Tell that he is an idiot to all those people whose life was changed because of Ben Carson.

The skills of a neurosurgeon do not transfer to heading a government.

Quote:what did Obama achieve in field of science?

How is that important?

Quote:Ben Casron is more intelligent than you. what did you achieve in field of science?
Please, don't call black man an idiot and "he is beyond ridiculous". It sounds very racist.

He might be intelligent, but that's not enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 03:04 PM
(03-10-2015 02:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, you evidently don't know what a Genius is by definition or by able to point one out. Doing great things doesn't make one a Genius. Even the concept of Genius is horribly outdated and flawed itself anyway to even bother labeling someone it. Being a good neurosurgeon or charitable human isn't a reflection on if he'll be a genius.
OK, what is genius?
(03-10-2015 02:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's philosophy of ethics... and what do you mean correct? There isn't some "correct" answer in philosophy in this manner. Do you understand what is being said?
ethics, ethics. what is wrong with Ben Carson's ethics? could you please give me some examples?
(03-10-2015 02:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He is also evolutionary completely inaccurate to say selfless love of risking life to save a song doesn't make sense without God, except it fits every evolutionary description out there. His understanding of the issue is deplorable so it should be pointed out.
I am not sure I understand. Could you say it differently?
(03-10-2015 02:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why should you care if you think a politician is "conservative" as you want it to be? What a person believes affects their decisions.
Not all the time. Depends what decisions we are talking about.
(03-10-2015 02:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Someone who embraces or at least understands how science and scientific theories work would be more beneficial to the progress of millions of American's scientific education than the opposite.
People who achieve what Ben Carson achieved in his life have some understanding of how science and scientific theories work.
What Ben Carson achieved was a scientific progress. Nobody could do what he did. He was the first.
So, how does Obama with his understanding of science help scientific progress?

03-10-2015, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 03:18 PM by Chas.)
(26-09-2015 09:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:06 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Our scientific achievements and his skin color are irrelevant. And we don't know if Obama is actually religious or he just tells the public that to get elected.
Yes, we don't know this. But we know that lies once in while. If you like your crappy plan you can keep your crappy plan.

That wasn't a lie. It was the insurance companies that found a gaping loophole in the ACA to dump their cheap plans.

Quote:The same we can say about Hillary. They all lie, lie, lie.
But Ben Carson is much more intelligent than Barak Hussein Obama.
Ben Carson is great scientist. He can be great president.

He is not a scientist, let alone a great one.

And do you think a guy who's a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, president of the Harvard Law Review, and taught constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School for 12 years is a lightweight?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 03:12 PM
(03-10-2015 03:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 05:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, Obama supportive of science and Ben Carson even more, he is scientist. And really good one.
No, Ben Carson was a medical practitioner, not a scientist.
Not every medical practitioner does what Ben Carson was doing.
Only medical practitioner and scientist can do what Ben Carson did.
So, he is both. Even better.
(03-10-2015 03:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  The skills of a neurosurgeon do not transfer to heading a government.
I never argued with that. Any intelligent person and good can be president of the USA.
(03-10-2015 03:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Alla Wrote:what did Obama achieve in field of science?
How is that important?
Is this the answer to my question?
(03-10-2015 03:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  He might be intelligent, but that's not enough.
what is enough?

03-10-2015, 03:16 PM
(03-10-2015 03:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, how does Obama with his understanding of science help scientific progress?

How about climate change? Obama has made more regulations for emissions, Carson thinks global warming isn't happening.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
03-10-2015, 03:18 PM
(03-10-2015 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 09:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, we don't know this. But we know that lies once in while. If you like your crappy plan you can keep your crappy plan.
That wasn't a lie. It was the insurance companies that found a gaping loophole in the ACA to dump their cheap plans.
And Obama didn't know that this will happen? Then he was not ready to be president. He was so ignorant. But conservative didn't believe it any way. They were not stupid. Stupid (according to Gruber) were those who believed Obama.

(03-10-2015 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  And do think a guy who's a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, president of the Harvard Law Review, and taught constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School for 12 years is a lightweight?
He is OK lawyer, not one of the greatest or brightest Tongue
what are his great achievements as a lawyer?