Facebook, disturbing pictures, and religious comments
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 05:59 PM
RE: Facebook, disturbing pictures, and religious comments
A small baby hooked up with all kinds of wires and it pulls on the emotional strings of nearly everyone. No one wants a child to be ill but knowing that we have modern technology that can help a child live is a great comfort. My first grandchild was born a month premature and a month isn't too bad, but he had to be in a critical care hospital for a month while his lungs and other organs matured to a level where he could be taken home.

We didn't have any prayers, but we had lots of hope for his survival. He was strong and kept improving each day, with some days not as much but still growing stronger.
He's a year and half old now and he is amazing. Life is amazing and I'm full of wonder at how it all works. I just wish more people were. That's the sad part for me.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
05-08-2012, 11:50 PM
(29-07-2012 07:40 PM)elemts Wrote:  Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but just today someone in my friends list shared a photo of a baby hooked up and well won't give too many details (as it's kind of disturbing). I noticed some people said "I'll pray for the baby and the family!" and others said "how can god let this happen?" Ironically, apparently it's considered a "sick child hoax" as the child's well, over a year old--and there's even a facebook page devoted to "stop sick children hoaxes".

My first thought was "poor baby" followed by a thought of how odd some comments were. People are praying for a baby and the baby's family with no idea who the baby is, when it was taken, who the family is, etc. yet they believe god will hear their prayers and answer them...... yet, given what they believe, their god knew it would happen, didn't do anything to prevent it (even in the womb, or before, so it could remain hidden), and decided to let it happen instead.

I find it really odd that people could find the thought of a god letting such things happen (for any reason), or even that prayer will change the diety's mind--instead of that it's something that happens due to genetics and general things that happen in animal birth.

Even tonight my next door neighbour said she was going to pray for rain. I asked "if you went for a walk, would you take an umbrella?" She was like no!...uh..um...think about it.... (about a minute passed).... "I like walking in the rain"

I keep on hearing how some say atheists really do believe in a god--I really beginning to think the theists really know there isn't one.

I think I am more disturbed by the pic I saw on facebook with a few kids that were dressed up to look like the Jersey Shore idiots. Complete with the super short skirts. I am not a prude, so it is not the clothing that really bothers me. It is what those freaks represent. By kids I mean no older than 7 or 8 years old, not the 16 or 17 years of age that some morons see as children.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
06-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I see those posts on Facebook and I get really irritated. The ones that say something like, "Facebook is donating $1 for every share this receives!" really tick me off, because I know it's fake and the family of the unfortunate child in the picture won't see a single penny from any Facebook shares.