Facebook with theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: Facebook with theists
(18-08-2012 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 05:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Your wish is my command, master.

You forgot to bow. And scrape. Shocking

Master, do you wish for me to eliminate this "terse and deadly" one?

Awaiting orders.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 05:23 PM
(18-08-2012 05:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 05:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks KC.

Your wish is my command, master.

Call me master again and I'll take away those fluffy pink handcuffs of yours. Dodgy

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-08-2012, 05:26 PM
(18-08-2012 05:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 05:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Your wish is my command, master.

Call me master again and I'll take away those fluffy pink handcuffs of yours. Dodgy

Hey, you programmed me.

I just think you're jealous that I'm with lucradis now.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
19-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Not really deserving of a screenshot, the son of a cousin of mine posted this as his Facebook status:-

"At church #lovegod"

To which a friend of his replied: "Good nickSmile"

And I replied: "Bad Nick Wink"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2012, 05:51 PM
A couple weeks ago, I apparently "liked" a comedy post making fun of bad paintings of Jesus. In one, the commentary joked about him looking like a pedophile (in a specific painting).

Last week, I got a phone call from a cousin explaining why it's unacceptable to like a post suggesting Jesus was a pedophile, and that's "just bad." I was sort of interested in the crazy stuff she would say, so I didn't hang up. She went on to tell me I have no interest in the world, am "not curious," and that evolution is silly. I just "need to invite Jesus into my life." I was enormously offended that she suggested I just haven't though about religion very much, and because she was so arrogant and pushy. And I minored in a social science, and took every friggin science class the college offered. Is that because I have no curiosity about the world?

I was also offended because she seemed to think that religious experience counts as proof, and that I should believe in her god based on her religious experience. She said I am not "open-minded" enough to see that God is real and exists, and I should spent more time trying to get into Heaven.

Anyway, this was a phone call, but it started with Facebook. She also posted religious stuff on various other posts I made. I just want left alone, you know? I don't even bother with talking to people like that anymore, but it really upsets me to be called stupid because I examined the evidence and came to a different conclusion than she did.
[+] 6 users Like amyb's post
24-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I've improved my Facebook experience significantly over the last month!

Those that piss me off, I've deleted or put on ignore - and I've picked up a great number of atheist/free thinking friends over the past year - makes my newsfeed rather pleasant Smile

Of course there's always the occasional "Share if you love Jesus" pic that floats around, but they're easy to ignore... Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
24-08-2012, 11:27 AM
[Image: 391565_456659061032932_2059014333_n.jpg]

It says "Jesus Christ. In Him you will find all you need" (obviously referencing Google.com)
then it says "Read the bible"

I used to ignore those kind of posts but now I tend to lol at them.

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
[+] 1 user Likes SomeOne's post
27-08-2012, 02:16 PM
(23-08-2012 05:51 PM)amyb Wrote:  A couple weeks ago, I apparently "liked" a comedy post making fun of bad paintings of Jesus. In one, the commentary joked about him looking like a pedophile (in a specific painting).

Last week, I got a phone call from a cousin explaining why it's unacceptable to like a post suggesting Jesus was a pedophile, and that's "just bad." I was sort of interested in the crazy stuff she would say, so I didn't hang up. She went on to tell me I have no interest in the world, am "not curious," and that evolution is silly. I just "need to invite Jesus into my life." I was enormously offended that she suggested I just haven't though about religion very much, and because she was so arrogant and pushy. And I minored in a social science, and took every friggin science class the college offered. Is that because I have no curiosity about the world?

I was also offended because she seemed to think that religious experience counts as proof, and that I should believe in her god based on her religious experience. She said I am not "open-minded" enough to see that God is real and exists, and I should spent more time trying to get into Heaven.

Anyway, this was a phone call, but it started with Facebook. She also posted religious stuff on various other posts I made. I just want left alone, you know? I don't even bother with talking to people like that anymore, but it really upsets me to be called stupid because I examined the evidence and came to a different conclusion than she did.

For the most part, my Facebook friends are at least agnostic or open-minded enough to not fuss at me over any freethinking or anti-religion stuff I post. I have a few who will occasionally toss out a 'share this if you'll pray for this person who has cancer' thingy, but I just hide those, shrug and move on.

There's one ... 'individual' ... whom I know in meatspace who, in a nutshell, is the center of the universe and is right about everything, and, oh yeah, the world is forever oppressing poor poor her, waah. She picked a fight with me last night over a AHA post I put up over a week ago (said image mentioned 'miracles' being those made from human endeavours), saying, "Miracles happen every day. I'm sorry you can't see them." Then she followed up with a definition of miracle out of the dictionary, referencing things that are attributed to supernatural forces, and gave 'thunderstorms' as an example of a miracle. Er. Thunderstorms are completely explainable by science, thus not a supernatural 'miracle'. But this individual is not rational or reasonable, so it's so not worth my time to explain this to her. She's right, period, end of sentence.

I look out my window at the butterfly bush out there and there are butterflies and bees and occasionally a hummingbird moth (they're one of my favourite insects) and I hear the echoes of this madwoman. Her pity is misplaced; it belongs with her. Anyone who can look science dead in the face and pretend only woo-woo fairy dust and *expletive* can explain such things ... well, it makes me violent. And gives me gut pains. Which is bad.

*looks up at size of comment* Er, sorry ... didn't mean to hijack. Sometimes I get so damned sick and tired and angry at people who can't just shut the *expletive* up, who have to pound their idiocy into everyone's heads. Grr...

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
27-08-2012, 02:25 PM
(24-08-2012 11:04 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  I've improved my Facebook experience significantly over the last month!

Those that piss me off, I've deleted or put on ignore - and I've picked up a great number of atheist/free thinking friends over the past year - makes my newsfeed rather pleasant Smile

Of course there's always the occasional "Share if you love Jesus" pic that floats around, but they're easy to ignore... Smile

Me too! I did this a few months ago and I have a much more balanced Facebook life now. Big Grin Less boiling blood and SPAM. One friend posted shit hourly from Joyce Meyer sites and other Facebook groups- ugh! Even for the best of topics, that's a bad idea!
27-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I've stopped going to facebook since I came here. I still have my page up. Several times a day there's posts like 'God is Great' and 'Going to Church today'.. Dodgy

I think if I do go back, I'm just making a completely different facebook and starting from scratch.

But right now I'm just happy not going there every five minutes. TTA replaced my FB. I'm happy with that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post