Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2011, 08:52 AM
RE: Facebook
Just friended Anon Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Sounds like some guy with a short friends list who is made at old facebook. I mean come on people wake up, if any internet company is selling our info (info that is actually valuable) it's Google.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I have no doubt they are selling our info. Any information put into it generates ads catered specifically to you. At one point I put my status as "I hate beagles" and now every so often I get ads for FUCKING BEAGLES!!!! It obviously recoginzed the word "beagles" in my post but missed the ENTIRE POINT!!! Anyways...they are not the first to do so and if you put any personal information on there that is dangerous to yourself that is YOUR fault. You can choose not to put it on there and you can choose not to join facebook. This group is nothing more than cyberterrorists who have decided that they know what is truth and what is best for everyone and that they get to decide what to do about it. This vigilante bullshit is good in superhero movies but they aren't just hurting the companies they hack they are hurting the people who have information or vested interests in those companies. In short they aren't just hurting the "man" but also EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Im not sure about anonymous to be honest............the fact that it is an Idea is good, however just as honest people who wish to make a political difference can facelessly do this behind the cover of "anonymous"........so can somebody with there own inentions.

So if "anonymous" do something.......be it good or bad, in the aftermath when you say "who did that" you will have a huge fractured network of anonymous that have cropped up to choose from. A network that is led by an idea........which is then further broken down into detail by the self appointed "leaders/advocators" of anonymous.....potentially independent and free to do what they want.

The fact that anonymous are meant to be advocating free speech on the internet and that they want to hack facebook is interesting seeing as nearly everybody I know has a FB account and checks it daily.........they have allready been accused of hacking the PS3 network (which they deny) so if they were to bring facebook down.......the people would be simply outraged, because it affects them and yes it is pathetic how people will be angry that they cant tell there friends what they are doing on facebook for a few days......but still the reaction will be a harsh one I think and instead of seeing "freedom" of action/speech they will instead want tougher security to stop it happening again.......which TPTB (the powers that be) will lap up im sure.

Facebook is the ultimate way of checking up what the population is doing and thinking because people give the information volountarily and most of the time truthfully. Combine that with the new facial recogniton system that is installed on it and potentially people are logging onto the ultimate register. Direct advertising based on peoples keywords and search history has been here for ages I think.......but facebooks privacy policy, that has faced much scrutiny in the past has been tailored to do the things you all say.......because again,people willingly agree to it.

It could all to leading up to a problem, reaction, soloution if I dare speculate it.....speculation is all I can do though Big Grin

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
(03-09-2011 12:29 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im not sure about anonymous to be honest............the fact that it is an Idea is good, however just as honest people who wish to make a political difference can facelessly do this behind the cover of "anonymous"........so can somebody with there own inentions.

So if "anonymous" do something.......be it good or bad, in the aftermath when you say "who did that" you will have a huge fractured network of anonymous that have cropped up to choose from. A network that is led by an idea........which is then further broken down into detail by the self appointed "leaders/advocators" of anonymous.....potentially independent and free to do what they want.

The fact that anonymous are meant to be advocating free speech on the internet and that they want to hack facebook is interesting seeing as nearly everybody I know has a FB account and checks it daily.........they have allready been accused of hacking the PS3 network (which they deny) so if they were to bring facebook down.......the people would be simply outraged, because it affects them and yes it is pathetic how people will be angry that they cant tell there friends what they are doing on facebook for a few days......but still the reaction will be a harsh one I think and instead of seeing "freedom" of action/speech they will instead want tougher security to stop it happening again.......which TPTB (the powers that be) will lap up im sure.

Facebook is the ultimate way of checking up what the population is doing and thinking because people give the information volountarily and most of the time truthfully. Combine that with the new facial recogniton system that is installed on it and potentially people are logging onto the ultimate register. Direct advertising based on peoples keywords and search history has been here for ages I think.......but facebooks privacy policy, that has faced much scrutiny in the past has been tailored to do the things you all say.......because again,people willingly agree to it.

It could all to leading up to a problem, reaction, soloution if I dare speculate it.....speculation is all I can do though Big Grin

....... .... ......... .............. ............. ........... ............. ................ ............ .......... ..........

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
(03-09-2011 04:30 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(03-09-2011 12:29 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im not sure about anonymous to be honest............the fact that it is an Idea is good, however just as honest people who wish to make a political difference can facelessly do this behind the cover of "anonymous"........so can somebody with there own inentions.

....... .... ......... .............. ............. ........... ............. ................ ............ .......... ..........

Are we playing hangman??? If so can I start with A,E and O please Tongue

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
04-09-2011, 03:01 PM
If you sign up for a Facebook account, you are not a Facebook "customer" - you are their inventory. If you provide them your personal information, you do so at your own risk. Facebook claims they don't sell people's personal information at all. They insist on that point. It is entirely possible that they are but if they are they are opening themselves up to some serious liability, especially in Europe that has fairly strict laws on privacy. But, in general, if you have a facebook account you should really be circumspect as to what you put on it and should assume people you don't know are looking at it.

As for anonymous, who appointed them judge, jury and executioner? I'm a big fan of transparency and governments that are not transparent deserve to be outed. However, organizations like anonymous who are also opaque are potentially just as dangerous as governments. At least in my view they are.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Facebook causes brain damage? lucradis 14 1,603 13-10-2011 01:49 AM
Last Post: daemonowner