Facepalm Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
RE: Facepalm Moments
I guess we all know what he would be doing if he was an atheist.

I asked this girl over text to justify the big bang theory and she texted back saying " The big bang theory is fake!" It froze my mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 01:16 PM
(07-04-2012 06:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Pouring gasoline on babies is just plain wrong .........

It totally ruins the flavour Big Grin.
Just as bad when you over soak the coals and they still taste like lighter fluid.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
(09-04-2012 12:19 PM)JackDaniels Wrote:  I guess we all know what he would be doing if he was an atheist.

I asked this girl over text to justify the big bang theory and she texted back saying " The big bang theory is fake!" It froze my mind.
The sad thing is there are so many people that don't even know what the BBT even says!
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 07:14 PM by Hughsie.)
Here a couple of my facepalm moments;

1) When talking to my sister (who doesn't believe in evolution) she said that we have no way of knowing that dinosaurs weren't actually dragons. That was bad enough. When I said that we have no way of knowing woolly mammoths she accused me of being ridiculous Frusty.

2) A boss I once had was talking to someone about Christianity and I just happened to hear this get said about Big Bang Theory 'it's clearly ridiculous, how can nothing explode' Frusty Frusty Frusty Frusty!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 04:16 PM by FSM_scot.)
(09-04-2012 01:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Just as bad when you over soak the coals and they still taste like lighter fluid.

Wait you cook them? Don't they taste better raw? Evil_monster
(09-04-2012 04:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Here a couple of my facepalm moments;

1) When talking to my sister (who doesn't believe in evolution) she said that we have no way of knowing that dinosaurs weren't actually dragons. That was bad enough. When I said that we have no way of knowing woolly mammoths she accused me of being ridiculous Frusty.

WOW so dragons are more plausible than evolution Shocking. Have you explained evolution to her before? i have the feeling you will have.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 12:31 PM by Crusher.)
I showed my gf this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctopfN3PYM
And she got offended that islam is mixed with all those other religions. She said she doesn't see hindu and buddhism as a religion because in a book she read (some book that shows how islam is the only true religion) it says the properties of the hindu, buddism and christian god(s) are like humans, those gods have human nature. Then she called them bullshit and got angry at me when I told her she's closeminded. Maybe I should've apologized for calling her close minded and called her arrogant instead, and naive too!

chan chan ki sikin aman
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
(12-04-2012 12:21 PM)Crusher Wrote:  I showed my gf this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctopfN3PYM
And she got offended that islam is mixed with all those other religions. She said she doesn't see hindu and buddhism as a religion because in a book she read (some book that shows how islam is the only true religion) it says the properties of the hindu, buddism and christian god(s) are like humans, those gods have human nature. Then she called them bullshit and got angry at me when I told her she's closeminded. Maybe I should've apologized for calling her close minded and called her arrogant instead, and naive too!

Solution... get a new gf!

12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
(09-04-2012 04:06 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  WOW so dragons are more plausible than evolution Shocking. Have you explained evolution to her before? i have the feeling you will have.

Like a billion times.

I've given up wasting my breath, she's beyond help.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
My facepalm moment that I will not forget.

A good friend and me had a girly evening and she is very religous.
She was doing my hair and we talked about my (back then) upcoming wedding and about getting babies.
And she asked me if I wanted to have a wedding at a church. And I said "no, I am not religious."
So she asked where I would have the wedding then, and I explained that I would have a civil marriage at the registrar's office. (which is by the way really beautiful)
Somehow the meaning of "i am not religous" didn't sink in.
she "so what about Malleus?"
me "he isn't either"
she "but will you at least have your babies babtized?"
me "no, we are not religous"

At least in my mind I was facepalming....

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM
(12-04-2012 12:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Solution... get a new gf!
She broke up with me it seems o_O

It wouldn't be the first time though, she might regret her decision and change her mind about everything tomorrow. If she doesn't no problem either. I rather have no girlfriend than a close minded one. Even though we're together for the past 2.5 years, mostly online I must add, it's a long story.

chan chan ki sikin aman