Facepalming and Pissed Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Facepalming and Pissed Off
Asswipes!

Billboard

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
11-12-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: Facepalming and Pissed Off
How did they determine that because some "identical" twins are not both gay means that nobody is born gay? Each embryo will have a somewhat different experience in utero and from what I've read the quantity of different hormones at different times has a link to development of many characteristics. Twins may start off identical but they begin to diverge almost immediately.

And the more often I hear somebody claim that sexual orientation is a choice the more I think they have to be forcing themselves to act against their own nature. I can't imagine deciding to find something sexually arousing if it isn't my natural reaction. That's especially true of deciding to like something that would make my life more difficult in so many ways.

These idiots are beneath contempt.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
11-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Wow that pisses me off too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-12-2014, 07:16 PM
That's so stupid. Everyones' brains are different, even twins. The brain chemistry, wiring, synapses, structure and all the details are different in each and every human being. Otherwise we'd all have the same personalities, be interested in the same things and be attracted to the same people.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Wtf? Facepalm

11-12-2014, 07:47 PM
I can't believe they're still going on about this.
What does it matter? Why are they still so worried about other peoples personal lives.
They should get a life of their own and stay out of everyone else's

[Image: 200_zps5e66e9d4.gif]
11-12-2014, 07:59 PM
What would it matter if being gay weren't biologically dictated?

Edit: Ninja'd

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 5 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 08:30 PM
(11-12-2014 07:59 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  What would it matter if being gay weren't biologically dictated?
Exactly. This is the most important point, I think. Even if sexual preference WERE consciously "chosen" - then so what? What the hell is wrong with choosing to live a particular way? Anyone uncomfortable with how someone else has chosen to live must, to my mind, be so desperately unhappy with how things are going with their own life that their only source of emotional satisfaction is making other people unhappy. That strikes me as a condition severe enough to warrant clinical attention.

On a side note, the video clip closes with this quote: "No one should see a message that says they're not OK". Well, first of all, that is precisely the message of every single advertisement in every single media: "Your life is shit and you're a failure unless you have Product X". I agree that it is a poor message, a message that corrodes society rather than reinforces it, but if your sense of self worth is so fragile that you take every random idiot insult as a personal affront, you're just in need of clinical attention as the the moron who's mouthing off.

Second, any measures taken to inhibit free speech on the basis of "not giving offense" must at some point appoint a judge to deem what could give offense and what couldn't, and just who would that judge be? That question has no answer - certainly not one that wouldn't give offense.
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
11-12-2014, 11:16 PM
In some way I find that the twins would be an argument FOR being born hetero or gay. See below.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8494487
Abstract
Twin pairs in which at least one twin is homosexual were solicited through announcements in the gay press and personal referrals from 1980 to the present. An 18-page questionnaire on the "sexuality of twins" was filled out by one or both twins. Thirty-eight pairs of monozygotic twins (34 male pairs and 4 female pairs) were found to have a concordance rate of 65.8% for homosexual orientation. Twenty-three pairs of dizygotic twins were found to have a concordance rate of 30.4% for homosexual orientation. In addition, three sets of triplets were obtained. Two sets contained a pair of monozygotic twins concordant for sexual orientation with the third triplet dizygotic and discordant for homosexual orientation. A third triplet set was monozygotic with all three concordant for homosexual orientation. These findings are interpreted as supporting the argument for a biological basis in sexual orientation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
12-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah they are right, biology has nothing to do with sexual orientation, so their argument is........magic pixie dust and elves in their skull making them be gay?
[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post