Facepalming and Pissed Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2014, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2014 09:49 PM by Lienda Bella.)
RE: Facepalming and Pissed Off
"Nobody is born gay." That argument sounds stupid, when you know what the American religious usually straw man with. "But sexual identity is based on sexual lust and thoughts and touching someone else. You're saying they wanked to the same gender the moment they came out of the womb? Nobody is born gay! There you go! The truth!"
Facepalm

"Heterosexuals aren't born hetero." --- "Heterosexuals aren't born wanking and screwing at the sight of other infants." Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2014, 10:16 PM
What does it fucking matter whether they're born gay or not?

In either case, it's none of their fucking business...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2014, 10:26 PM
No one is born gay? By that logic, no one is born christian, either, and I think they might take umbrage to that because they also say we aren't born atheists! They lie to suit their dogma, they want it both ways, they are irretrievably stupid, and when they pull stunts like this, I do the happy naked dance of joy and delight because everyone gets to be reminded just how evil they are.

~incrédulité~
14-12-2014, 06:06 AM
(11-12-2014 06:58 PM)unfogged Wrote:  How did they determine that because some "identical" twins are not both gay means that nobody is born gay? Each embryo will have a somewhat different experience in utero and from what I've read the quantity of different hormones at different times has a link to development of many characteristics. Twins may start off identical but they begin to diverge almost immediately.

And the more often I hear somebody claim that sexual orientation is a choice the more I think they have to be forcing themselves to act against their own nature. I can't imagine deciding to find something sexually arousing if it isn't my natural reaction. That's especially true of deciding to like something that would make my life more difficult in so many ways.

These idiots are beneath contempt.

Hmmm...I know sets of twins that are both gay. Well - one set of twins besides myself. My sister and I are both hetty.

I'm sure there are others. And I would be interested to know if the straight twin is religious and/or repressing something

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-12-2014, 06:39 AM
(13-12-2014 10:16 PM)Sam Wrote:  What does it fucking matter whether they're born gay or not?

Because they believe that God "makes" people and if they were born gay, that would imply that God made them gay. Those types of thoughts raise hard questions, and the types of people who put up these kinds of billboards do not like genuine introspection.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-12-2014, 07:49 AM
(15-12-2014 06:39 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Those types of thoughts raise hard questions

They're only hard questions if you absolutely insist on hanging onto your security blanket Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-12-2014, 10:46 AM
RWW followup on it here

Quote:Not only is the science behind such a claim shoddy, but the gay stock-photo model featured on PFOX’s billboard does not have a twin sibling.

(emphasis mine) lying for Jesus is de rigueur

Quote:“The billboard speaks to the scientific fact that to quote the American Psychiatric Association, ‘there still remains no replicated scientific studies supporting any specific biological etiology for homosexuality,’” Quinlan told WND.

In other words, you can't prove we're wrong.

Quote:“There is zero evidence that a person is born a homosexual. In fact, Dr. Francis Collins of the human genome project with the National Institute of Health, who was appointed by President Clinton to do the project said homosexuality was “not hard-wired.’”

despite the fact that we don't understand the evidence or the science and are just cherry-picking and reading into it what we want the conclusion to be.

Ignorant asswipes.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
16-12-2014, 11:56 AM
(11-12-2014 07:59 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  What would it matter if being gay weren't biologically dictated?

Edit: Ninja'd

Exactly. I've met women who just simply decided they were done with men. I've met men that are done with women. If they weren't born gay then why can't they decide what their preference is?
[+] 1 user Likes dirtstar's post
16-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I did not read the posted billboard, but at issue for some is the accuracy of the biblical text:

1. Does the Bible say one is born gay or that it is a choice?

2. If it is a choice, is science wrong?

I find the Bible says both that one isn't born gay but also, and importantly, that it isn't a choice for some.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 02:25 PM
An it has now come out that the two twins on the billboard are of the same person, a gay model. So they can't even come up a real life example of one gay and one straight twin and have to rely on a fabrication...