Facepalming... at yourself (come on, fess up)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 02:07 PM
RE: Facepalming... at yourself (come on, fess up)
(26-02-2014 01:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Poor records. I died a little inside Sadcryface
Yeah, I can't believe I was that stupid. I have since repurchased some of my favorite ones.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 02:10 PM
(26-02-2014 01:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Honey - I don't mean to be an ass in your thread but I Facepalm myself in some way for some reason at least once a day - sometimes more.

so........
yeah
Facepalm
Are those all about things you did as theist or do you mean things in general?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
26-02-2014, 02:36 PM
(26-02-2014 12:31 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What things do you look back upon that you did in your theist days that just make you facepalm now?

I have two.

1) After hearing someone rant on about satanic messages supposedly embedded in rock music and how some of those messages could be heard by playing records backwards, I didn't want to take a chance on not knowing which records were "ok" and which weren't. So I broke up and threw out my entire collection - which consisted of well over 100 albums. Sadcryface

You know, I do remember as a kid, my mom told me not to listen to Kiss, didn't allow their music in the house, and she couldn't believe Kiss was on so many magazines and on tv. How could the Knights in Satan's Service be so popular? She told me too that she heard if you play the records backwards you get satanic messages.

It was a long while before either of us realized how many songs there were that we really liked that were from Kiss, lol. Fortunately both of us realized how silly that was.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
26-02-2014, 02:53 PM
(26-02-2014 01:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you never can facepalm over yourself....youre not living life.

I've lived a lot of life then. That's very insightful and oh so true. It's the people who never think they do anything wrong or stupid that I have a problem with. Egocentric assholes.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
26-02-2014, 03:00 PM
For a few months several decades ago, I believed in ancient astronauts. Read a load of books.

Something good did come out of it, though. It came to me that, if it is this easy to interpret ancient religious texts as if they are telling stories of alien visitations, how accurate can the interpretations telling stories of supernatural space gods be?

I quickly became a skeptic. No more unsupported claims for me. No
26-02-2014, 03:02 PM
(26-02-2014 02:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 01:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Honey - I don't mean to be an ass in your thread but I Facepalm myself in some way for some reason at least once a day - sometimes more.

so........
yeah
Facepalm
Are those all about things you did as theist or do you mean things in general?

I have a lot of things in general that I facepalm myself over. Like the time that I thought I locked my keys in the house, so I had to climb a tree to jump to the second floor window. yeah...the back door was unlocked the whole time....

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
26-02-2014, 03:32 PM
1) I live in Michigan. About ten years ago, we passed a proposal banning gay marriage, and I voted for it. Luckily, it's up for review by a judge this week. Hopefully it will be found non-constitutional!

2) I effectively came to the conclusion of Pascal's Wager on my own.

3) I used to get pissed at atheists who wanted to take "in God we trust" off of our money.

4) I used to consider myself lucky for being born in the country that worships the "correct" god.

5) I used to avoid debating atheists because I didn't like looking stupid, yet I knew in my heart of hearts that I was still right.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-02-2014, 03:39 PM
(26-02-2014 03:02 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 02:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Are those all about things you did as theist or do you mean things in general?

I have a lot of things in general that I facepalm myself over. Like the time that I thought I locked my keys in the house, so I had to climb a tree to jump to the second floor window. yeah...the back door was unlocked the whole time....

lol, yesterday actually I got a new rolling computer case from work. I decided I didn't need my crappy backpack anymore. So I emptied what I needed, put what trash I had in the backpack, zipped it up, and started trying to stuff it deep into a trashcan. At first, I didn't understand why security had a problem with me trying to push a loaded backpack to the bottom of a trashcan in a federal building. <facepalm>

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 3 users Like =jesse='s post
26-02-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 08:33 PM by CleverUsername.)
The entire fact that I believed the Bible without question. The idea that I took such a contradictory and idiotic book to be not only good, but one hundred percent true makes me just want to smack my younger self over the head repeatedly.

Also, I once flipped the Bible open, it landed on one of the pages about slavery, and then I promptly shut it and went about my day. The fact that my holy book promoted slavery didn't even register.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
26-02-2014, 08:36 PM
(26-02-2014 03:39 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  lol, yesterday actually I got a new rolling computer case from work. I decided I didn't need my crappy backpack anymore. So I emptied what I needed, put what trash I had in the backpack, zipped it up, and started trying to stuff it deep into a trashcan. At first, I didn't understand why security had a problem with me trying to push a loaded backpack to the bottom of a trashcan in a federal building. <facepalm>

I could see myself totally not catching that, either.

(26-02-2014 08:15 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Also, I once flipped the Bible open, it landed on one of the pages about slavery, and then I promptly shut it and went about my day. The fact that my holy book promoted slavery didn't even register.

That was God communicating directly with you, telling you the Bible makes no sense.