Facepalming... at yourself (come on, fess up)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Facepalming... at yourself (come on, fess up)
(26-02-2014 01:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I hate to be smug but I was never, ever a theist so I have no facepalming to do. Girl_nails I have the corner market on other dumb things I've done though and could facepalm all day over those. Facepalm I mean, I cringe over some of the things I've said over the years. Ugh.

Luckily I've never been a theist either. Something I thank god for every day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
27-02-2014, 10:25 AM
When the Brownsville craze was at its zenith, . . . . . . . I was playing bass for the worship team for a church in my area that decided to have its OWN "Brownsville style services". People were jerking and falling over, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and I did, too.

I once dropped a college level class because the instructor said [paraphrased], . . . "if you believe in an earth that is 6,000 years old, come up after class and I'll show you why you're wrong".

I attempted to "be filled with the spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues".

I went to the square [in my city] with a bunch of evangelical christians [I went to church with some of them] and we sat down in the middle of the square. . . . at night . . . . . . . when it was abuzz with "vampire roleplayers" and other interesting people, . . . . and I sat there in that circle as everyone else yelled out in prayer about "the sin that was going on". And to keep up pretenses, I talked to those who came up and "explained about the evil in the square. . . . . . . . just look around!!!"

Too many other occurences that I could "facepalm" myself over today.
[+] 2 users Like DeavonReye's post
27-02-2014, 10:41 AM
(26-02-2014 02:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 01:48 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Honey - I don't mean to be an ass in your thread but I Facepalm myself in some way for some reason at least once a day - sometimes more.

so........
yeah
Facepalm
Are those all about things you did as theist or do you mean things in general?

Oh I certainly mean life in general. It's just life. So far so good today - but it's early yet. Cool

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-02-2014, 10:57 AM

1. Ancient aliens (not hardcore belief)
  2. Ghosts can come back and people can see them
  3. Lucky rabbits feet, lucky stones, etc.
  4. Lucky penny (more from the movie Grease than anything else)

Yep. Pretty sure that's what I used to believe while I was a theist. Facepalm Ah well. At least I know better now.
[+] 1 user Likes whitemoongurl's post
27-02-2014, 11:47 AM
(26-02-2014 08:53 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  On #1- did you call in on the podcast about that before? I feel like I heard about this before!
No, but I know what you're talking about because I heard it too and thought "I'm glad I wasn't the only one." I'm not 100% sure now, but I think it may have been AronRa in the Holiday Heathens 2013 podcast.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
27-02-2014, 11:51 AM
(27-02-2014 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:31 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What things do you look back upon that you did in your theist days that just make you facepalm now?

I am immune from your self-shaming! Hahahahahahaha!!!!
I'm thinking you should facepalm yourself after that statement. Big Grin

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
27-02-2014, 11:55 AM
(27-02-2014 10:41 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 02:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Are those all about things you did as theist or do you mean things in general?

Oh I certainly mean life in general. It's just life. So far so good today - but it's early yet. Cool
I certainly could think of plenty of things to facepalm myself about too that have nothing to do with theist days. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-02-2014, 02:48 PM
(27-02-2014 11:51 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am immune from your self-shaming! Hahahahahahaha!!!!
I'm thinking you should facepalm yourself after that statement. Big Grin

The point was I've never been a theist.

But then I forgot my avatar....Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-02-2014, 03:15 PM
When I was a teenager, like 15 or so, I masturbated on Xmas day and I was afraid because I had sinned. I was like, maybe God does not notice... So naive Smile

I don't dislike you, I simply don't care.