Facing Death, Christopher Hitchens Affirms Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2011, 07:43 AM
RE: Facing Death, Christopher Hitchens Affirms Atheism
I didn't always like the way Hitchens went about debating and proclaiming his cause, but by the fact that he did so with such vigor is what makes me respect him so much.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 03:14 AM
RE: Facing Death, Christopher Hitchens Affirms Atheism
Hitchens is the most fearless, confident, and erudite atheist writer and debater I've ever encountered. He will be profoundly missed. But his contribution along with Dawkins, Harris, and others, in awakening the world via mass media and especially the internet to reason, history and science which refute the legitimacy of religious belief, as well as bluntly challenging the moral superiority of the religious, has already had a signifcant cooling effect on the global institution of religion.

He will be often quoted, certainly demonized, sometimes idolized. But I doubt that he will be easily forgotten, and his efforts to rid us of the albatross of immoral and unjust mythologies which continue to be imposed upon us as literal truths, have had a positive influence on humanity. Going forward, every time reason wins out over dogma and superstition in the war against religion, Hitchens will be a contributing factor to that victory.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply