Fade to Black

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Fade to Black
(27-04-2013 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ummmm, yeah. Just pretend you been married for 25 years. Spent more than one night sleeping on the couch. Sounds like dude loves you whether you reciprocate it or not, that's a rare bird.

Sadcryface

You always manage to make me feel bad, Girly! I am sorry it is not working. I only wish I can find happiness and love that lasts as long as yours has. I REALLY do. One day, I will be happy with another. I can't continue to live a lie. He's a great person; We were never meant for "do or die," as some might say.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
29-04-2013, 01:38 AM
(28-04-2013 10:38 PM)Peanut Wrote:  You always manage to make me feel bad, Girly! I am sorry it is not working. I only wish I can find happiness and love that lasts as long as yours has. I REALLY do. One day, I will be happy with another. I can't continue to live a lie. He's a great person; We were never meant for "do or die," as some might say.

It's your life Wink The best anyone can do is give you pointers on how they did it, but everyone is different, everyone's circumstances are different...
29-04-2013, 04:32 PM
(28-04-2013 10:38 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ummmm, yeah. Just pretend you been married for 25 years. Spent more than one night sleeping on the couch. Sounds like dude loves you whether you reciprocate it or not, that's a rare bird.

Sadcryface

You always manage to make me feel bad, Girly! I am sorry it is not working. I only wish I can find happiness and love that lasts as long as yours has. I REALLY do. One day, I will be happy with another. I can't continue to live a lie. He's a great person; We were never meant for "do or die," as some might say.

But you're not living a lie. You've let him know how you feel and he's responded with "Okay, I'll keep helping you and the boy however I can until you do find someone you're happy with." Hell, I'd bet he'd sleep on the couch if you told him how uncomfortable it was. ... Like I said, think you already got a rare bird.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I remember when I asked him, and looked right into his eyes, if he thought I was going to go to Hell when I die. He said, "Yes."

I remember that is when things changed for me. It hurt to think that the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with would think I was going to burn in fire for eternity all because I didn't accept Christ.

I just talked to him in the kitchen and asked him again if he thought I was going to go to Hell. He answered, with a sigh, that he thinks I am going to go to Hell.

"That doesn't bug you when you tell me that? Even though I'm a good person and I don't hurt others, you still think I'm going to burn for eternity. What have I done to deserve such a sentence?"

"It's just what the Bible says. It DOES suck to say it, but that's all I've known my whole life. It's like receiving money in your bank account every week and never acknowledging who gave you that money. If you don't accept HIM into your heart, I have to believe that you are going to go to Hell."

I was done with the conversation at that point. I had tears in my eyes and I had to walk away. I don't believe I will go to a place I don't believe even exists, but the thought of the man I've loved for the last three-plus years of my life saying he believes in his heart that I will suffer eternity in a horrible place makes my heart ache. I can't handle this. It's not something I can continue to think about. It fucking hurts.

We still haven't made it public that we are no longer together. We've discussed it, but it's as though neither of us wants to deal with people saying, "WHAT?! I can't believe even Ashley and Matt couldn't make it work! There's no hope." We get told all the time how "adorable" we are as a couple. I also think we both don't want to sever the connection completely just yet. We were almost perfect together.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-04-2013, 05:19 PM
(29-04-2013 04:52 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I remember when I asked him, and looked right into his eyes, if he thought I was going to go to Hell when I die. He said, "Yes."
I was done with the conversation at that point. I had tears in my eyes and I had to walk away. I don't believe I will go to a place I don't believe even exists, but the thought of the man I've loved for the last three-plus years of my life saying he believes in his heart that I will suffer eternity in a horrible place makes my heart ache. I can't handle this. It's not something I can continue to think about. It fucking hurts.

Girly thinks you're looking at it wrong, Legume. He thinks you're going to hell and could give less of a shit as long he gets more time with you.

(29-04-2013 04:52 PM)Peanut Wrote:  We were almost perfect together.

The "almost perfect" is the enemy of the "good enough".

29-04-2013, 05:25 PM
(29-04-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly thinks you're looking at it wrong, Legume. He thinks you're going to hell and could give less of a shit as long he gets more time with you.

It still hurts, Girly...

(29-04-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:52 PM)Peanut Wrote:  We were almost perfect together.

I don't want "good enough."

You're awesome, Girly Heart

29-04-2013, 07:25 PM
(29-04-2013 05:25 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly thinks you're looking at it wrong, Legume. He thinks you're going to hell and could give less of a shit as long he gets more time with you.

It still hurts, Girly...

Bah, but you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate, so let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

(29-04-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(29-04-2013 05:25 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I don't want "good enough."

You're awesome, Girly Heart

"Good enough" is the most perfect thing there is, Goober.Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2013, 07:51 PM
(29-04-2013 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Good enough" is the most perfect thing there is, Goober.Tongue

[Image: happiness_isnt_good_enough.gif]
(I just thought that this was a cute picture...) Tongue

[Image: 6993607196_009bd6a676.jpg]

[Image: dont-settle-cute-love-quot.gif]

Oh, man! Peanut is on a "girly, emotional, 'let's find love quotes' roller coaster!"

GAH! I am such a girl Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
29-04-2013, 07:55 PM
[Image: 6692099.jpg]

Found this while Googling "motivational pictures..." All I have to say is:

[Image: 37007489.jpg]

Big Grin

29-04-2013, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 08:40 PM by TheGulegon.)
well then google "Bob Marley: Every little thing gonna be allright" Repeat as needed Big Grin

HAHHHH. HOW?!? did I figure out how to post this thing ? Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post