Faith Healing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Faith Healing
(13-05-2013 06:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 06:13 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I would like to know if anyone (doctor, police, court ) knew about this before his death-while these people were praying.

It really bothers me that they (legal/justice system) doesn't step in while the child is alive but as soon as he is dead-then they want to have their say. If its a crime (after death)-then it is a crime prior to death, no?

IMO, they got off way too easy, and I would be sending every single person in that 'faith' that knew about this to prison for conspiracy to murder.

The stupid thing is that there is very likely nothing anyone can legally do prior to the death of the kids.
It's fucking stupid I know. At what point do the parents parental rights surpass that kids right to good welfare?

It's a bit of a complex issue though because you have religion involved. Everyone is entitled to their own stupid believes no matter how fucking retarded they are.

IMO as someone that studies law, the law is very good at "punishment". If you did this or that the law will clamp down on you. BUT it's very poor at preventing crime. ie: Stalkers are a brilliant example. Someone, maybe an ex-partner, could be stalking some young lady, phoning her, driving past her house etc... but not actually do anything. The law in such cases is 100% powerless, no matter how fearful the young lady is for her safety. The law is only effective if that stalker then actually does something, upon which it's too late as something bad has happened.

It's the price we pay for human rights I suppose.

I don't think the law is even good at "punishment" considering these people get out of murder with a slap on the wrist and a "don't do that again ok?" I mean in another case a couple in Philadelphia was just let out on probation after 3 years or so in jail when they lost their second child to faith healing.

Nobody really knows where all this shit came from. But I think I'd rather trust the dudes in lab coats who aren't demanding I get up early every Sunday to overdress and apologize for being human.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 11:44 AM
(13-05-2013 07:48 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 06:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's fucking stupid I know. At what point do the parents parental rights surpass that kids right to good welfare?

It's a bit of a complex issue though because you have religion involved. Everyone is entitled to their own stupid believes no matter how fucking retarded they are.

maybe I'm wrong, but aren't there some sort of reasonable tests used in law? maybe it's law according to television that I'm thinking of. Consider

I find it pretty easy to say the parents have rights up until those actions (or inaction) risk the life of another. And when that other cannot speak up for themselves (as in the case of a minor or seriously ill) then the gov't not only has the right to step in on their behalf, but also the DUTY to step in. A reasonable person who seek the advice and treatment for common ailments (and uncommon I suppose) from a medical doctor.

There's also the issue of people with authority simply not knowing about the situation.
Obviously they didn't go to the doctor?
And if it was a church thing then they were with people just as crazy as them.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I wonder how long their sentence would have been if they were Islamists?
14-05-2013, 07:25 AM
(13-05-2013 08:53 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I wonder how long their sentence would have been if they were Islamists?

They may have been praised

Nobody really knows where all this shit came from. But I think I'd rather trust the dudes in lab coats who aren't demanding I get up early every Sunday to overdress and apologize for being human.