Poll: Which would you choose?
Faith Airlines
Science Airlines
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Faith Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Faith Test
(12-02-2014 10:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  This is from another thread but I thought it might be fun to take a poll on it.

Simple thought experiment:

You enter an airport ticket area.

There are two counters ahead of you. Each with a huge sign above them advertising their services.

Sign One:
Smile Welcome to Faith Airlines Smile

Assurance Statement:
Thumbsup "We pray for your safe arrival" Thumbsup

Sign Two:
Smile Welcome to Science Airlines Smile

Assurance Statement:
Thumbsup "Based on rigourous (load and stress) testing, on-going maintenance activity (in line with and audited against internationally recognised safety standards (themselves subject to "continual improvement" research and development activities)), we have a very, very high degree of confidence that your journey will be trouble-free (run to schedule; take off and land safely; disaster recovery measures have been implemented and tested; insurance is pre-paid (please provide contact numbers of your next of kin) " Thumbsup

Which would you choose?

Smartass

Do we get to ask what each one serves for snacks and dinners, drinks, and who has cuter flight attendants ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I would sooner trust Harley-Davidson Airlines, because while I know that they make oil-leaking pieces of shit, at least they make an actual product.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2014, 11:48 PM
(12-02-2014 11:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do we get to ask what each one serves for snacks and dinners, drinks, and who has cuter flight attendants ? Weeping

You fast on faith airlines.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
12-02-2014, 11:56 PM
(12-02-2014 11:48 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 11:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do we get to ask what each one serves for snacks and dinners, drinks, and who has cuter flight attendants ? Weeping

You fast on faith airlines.

Oh. No mile high club then either I s'pose. Shit. I'll walk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-02-2014, 11:59 PM
(12-02-2014 11:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 11:48 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  You fast on faith airlines.

Oh. No mile high club then either I s'pose. Shit. I'll walk.

The only one who 'gets some' at 30,000 feet is Jesus.

13-02-2014, 02:49 AM
(12-02-2014 11:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I would sooner trust Harley-Davidson Airlines, because while I know that they make oil-leaking pieces of shit, at least they make an actual product.

I bought a Harley once.

Never, ever again. It was an expensive, poorly engineered, low quality piece of shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2014, 03:04 AM
(13-02-2014 02:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ...
Never, ever again. It was an expensive, poorly engineered, low quality piece of shit.

Sounds like my ex-wife!

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-02-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2014 08:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-02-2014 02:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 11:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I would sooner trust Harley-Davidson Airlines, because while I know that they make oil-leaking pieces of shit, at least they make an actual product.

I bought a Harley once.

Get a Honda.

Bought a 93' CB750 Nighthawk over a year ago with 20,000+ on the odometer. I've put over 15,000 more on it since, only needing to replace normal wear and tear items (brake pads, tires, oil changes). It's an air & oil cooled in-line 4 cylinder, dual overhead cams with hydraulically self adjusting lifters (never needs a valve job), and is fed by 4 synchronized carburetors. Not only that, but it's a beautiful UJM (universal Japanese motorcycle); they just don't make them like this any more, even though a few are making a comeback. Look up the new Honda CB1100.

For the record, my dad has a big Honda cruiser, one of their massive VTX1800's (yes, that is a 1.8 liter V-twin), and he has over 60K miles on the damn thing. Honda Goldwings from the 70's and 80's are known to hit 100K or 200K miles and are still worth good money today because of it. Honda's will practically run forever if you take care of them.

[Image: 122-1308-02-o%2Bhonda-nighthawk-750%2B.jpg]

13-02-2014, 08:03 AM
I suspect that this "Faith Airplane" is timeliness,spaceless,immaterial and has infinite fuel!

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
13-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Faith Airlines, of course. They've got wine and crackers. The science guys are probably serving ginger and filtered water. Drinking Beverage

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?