Faith in government vs faith in gods.
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Which one is more dangerous today?

Governments have power because people purposely forget, purposely remain naive to the dangers their government poses to the world, and purposely remain naive to the dangers their government poses towards them. It takes extreme faith in the US, to watch time and time again cops shooting and beating people to claim "isolated incidents". It takes extreme faith to know that their government can spy on them but doesn't do it for bad reasons, it takes extreme faith to believe hundreds of military bases around the world are for peaceful purposes, it takes extreme faith to believe those bases do not mean we have an empire.
It takes extreme faith to believe that granting (by voting) government powers to torture "others" that this isn't a step closer to is being tortured. It takes extreme faith to believe that the government that takes away your benefits but nut corporate benefits is somehow representing everyone in society. It takes extreme faith to believe people in power give a fuck about you.

Nice stories in church and fun events, like sports and entertainment help us not deal with, pass time and not focus on the unpleasantness of reality.

When is faith in government going to be questioned by our society? When will we stop using faith?
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: Faith in government vs faith in gods.
I'll start with this: Gods require faith but governments don't so I don't think your premise is a fair question.

Honestly I have zero faith in either. Government is here to serve the people which it isn't right now (at least in the US) and gods don't exist ergo zero faith.
19-11-2013, 02:01 PM
(19-11-2013 01:58 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I'll start with this: Gods require faith but governments don't so I don't think your premise is a fair question.

Honestly I have zero faith in either. Government is here to serve the people which it isn't right now (at least in the US) and gods don't exist ergo zero faith.

A belief that your government is serving your interests isn't a faith based belief???
Thread Closed