Faith is Greater than Reason

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Faith is Greater than Reason
(13-01-2012 10:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Truth.

Not the truth; but the thing-in-itself, the baseline of civilized practice. What you get outta HoC on a consistent basis? A listing of deviance from the norm; Gwynnies, psychopath, felon, it is too easy to adapt to mob mentality where my moral certainty becomes our right to tell you what the fuck to do.
Ha- the truth is truthiest when it profits. Truth-in-itself is cost-effective philosophy, Philosopher. Wink

Of life; he doesn't comprehend that one can only die ... and he hasn't yet realize he will not not die.
Here is this man who fears. He places his truth in his one chance to not die.

In another Man's words ~ There is a tide in the affairs of men.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Faith is good for a individual, as it doesn't take a brilliant person to get threw life, however reason is better for the mass population. It just depends on what you value you more,
Feeling good
or
Logic
14-01-2012, 05:16 PM
(14-01-2012 05:12 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Faith is good for a individual, as it doesn't take a brilliant person to get threw life, however reason is better for the mass population. It just depends on what you value you more,
Feeling good
or
Logic

Well, that settles it.
Cause, logic makes me feel pretty golly darn good! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-01-2012, 05:20 PM
(14-01-2012 05:16 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-01-2012 05:12 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Faith is good for a individual, as it doesn't take a brilliant person to get threw life, however reason is better for the mass population. It just depends on what you value you more,
Feeling good
or
Logic

Well, that settles it.

Same here!
14-01-2012, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 05:28 PM by kim.)
(14-01-2012 05:20 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(14-01-2012 05:16 PM)kim Wrote:  
Feeling good
or
Logic

Well, that settles it.

Same here!

[Image: 10.gif]

14-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Feeling good
or
Logic

No, reason is also better for the individual. Without reason, people will fall prey to any scam that comes along, not just the faith-based ones.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2012, 05:54 PM
(14-01-2012 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Feeling good
or
Logic

No, reason is also better for the individual. Without reason, people will fall prey to any scam that comes along, not just the faith-based ones.

Agreed. But some people just prefer "feeling happy" and think that "Reason" means depression. Which is just silly.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
14-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Even if they did it would take reason for them to arrive at that conclusion.
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
14-01-2012, 08:44 PM
(14-01-2012 06:11 PM)Ben Wrote:  Even if they did it would take reason for them to arrive at that conclusion.

LOL True.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Damn it, I always see these interesting threads and my old new friend Egor too late. And i just love debating with him, he is my favorite Christian person. Sorry kingschosen, you are too cool to be considered "a Christian".

What I see most people fail to do is explain the basics of English language to people like Egor, you all throw yourself to philosophy and theology and then you get entangled into Christian methodology and conclusions... No good, no good.

See now, when Egor started his post, he was saying about how he "believe" that the sky is blue. STOP. We shall now have a little talk about the words "BELIEVE" and "FACT". You do not believe that the sky is blue, you KNOW that the sky is blue because you have seen it and that is physical proof, thus denying faith and belief. Faith and belief are words used for the things/events that we have no proof, no contact or explanation for them, the things that require you to believe in them. You can not believe in something you know is true, because you see it, touch it, feel it, physically. So from you point of view, the sky is blue, you know it is blue and you have a proof of that. You also know and have proof that there are alligators in the lake near your house.

But you believe in God and the Bible, because there are NO evidence, not hard, physical, material and reliable evidence for God or that the Bible is true. That is trust, you trust the words in Bible are the Word of God, the Truth, you do not look for physical evidence, you have faith and you believe.

So, please be careful of the semantics, these things change the whole structure of your words and thoughts, it makes you look more right, but you are not, you are only masking your words in something that looks better, but is not the truth.

Now, about the deluded people that think that aliens will protect them from alligators, who are you to say that is not faith? It is faith to them, they have no proof for that fact, but they still believe in it, by the very definition of the word, this is the best possible explanation for a "faith" and "belief". It all depends on the point of view you are taking, so if you can not be objective and if you look at the world only through your eyes, than you can never understand anything that does not fit into your world. You see, I can put myself in your shoes and look at the world from your perspective. If I compare this deluded person with aliens and alligators and you with God and Bible, from my point of view, you two are the same, you are both deluded people who have faith and believe in things without having physical evidence, hard, material proof to support your claims.

From your point of view, me and that deluded person can not be the same, he believes in something without proof, I do not, I only believe in things I have proof of, I do not make wild suggestions and I do not claim for something to be the truth if I can not validate that with something that everyone can see and understand.

Thus, we can draw the conclusion that you are much closer to be called a "deluded person" than I am.

Thank you for paying attention.

Peace.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post