Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 01:44 PM by cactus.)
Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
Edit:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

OP:
https://torrentfreak.com/futureshock-uk-...ntfreak%29
So since she was among a small group of initial seeders, that makes her "liable" for the actions of millions of other downloaders.... hilarious Drinking Beverage

Here you go, guys, I'll "seed" this movie with you, so you guys can "download" it onto your RAM. Then you guys will be "seeding" any time you post in this thread, since you'll be promoting the content and enabling more people to see it.
Enjoy Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 12:03 PM
RE: UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
That's a cause worth posting for. Well done Smile

There's so much crazy out there from the corporate class. Like how they sell you products... oh wait no. They don't. They sell you a "LICENCE" to "USE" the product. It's quite a different thing. Enjoy working out the potential implications and possible legal ramifications from that little gem.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 01:00 PM
After running her name through "news" the only source I found was the one provided by the OP. Are there other sources I'm missing that verify this story?
12-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Just checked and I also wasn't able to dig up any other corroborating stories. Just the one provided by the OP.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 01:49 PM
It's a story about a hypothetical situation based on an assumption that loose wording from the IPO would go unchecked. I'll update the topic title. lol
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/04...copyright/

The article only made the "speculative" part clear in one place, with the year "2018."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
12-03-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
This isn't news.

The link states that these events occured in 2018 after legislation is passed in late 2017 for the Digital Economy Act.

It is fear mongering to an extreme level on something that has not yet happened.

Its true that ISP's have written to households in the past, to warn them on file sharing/seeding/downloading and that another warning will be sent in the upcoming months (In email form this time around)

The new, growing trend is Kodi boxes/amazon sticks preloaded with software that enables people to stream directly, not download. There have been prosecutions and prison sentences handed out to people who have distributed and made large profits.

The prisons here are already overcrowded and underfunded. I doubt they will imprison a large population of the people here for seeding or uploading things.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
12-03-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
Readers Digest version -- it's bullshit.,

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-03-2017, 03:14 PM
It's kinda sad that we live in a world where we have to waste so much time fact checking every little fucking thing. Like I'm glad someone looked this up, I didn't cause I just don't care that much, my statement about digital copy-write law stands on its own regardless of the OP. I'm far more interested in other topics though and would rather not have to waste time debunking literally everything on the fucking internet. So thank you @I'mFred for being the first one to say something.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 03:20 PM
(12-03-2017 03:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  It's kinda sad that we live in a world where we have to waste so much time fact checking every little fucking thing. Like I'm glad someone looked this up, I didn't cause I just don't care that much, my statement about digital copy-write law stands on its own regardless of the OP. I'm far more interested in other topics though and would rather not have to waste time debunking literally everything on the fucking internet. So thank you @I'mFred for being the first one to say something.

You mean I'mFred was the first one who didn't read it properly.

There was nothing to debunk. It was a warning. Clue in title: "Future Shock".

Dodgy

12-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks for telling us. I shared it on faceache but have deleted it now.