Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
(12-03-2017 03:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  It's kinda sad that we live in a world where we have to waste so much time fact checking every little fucking thing. Like I'm glad someone looked this up, I didn't cause I just don't care that much, my statement about digital copy-write law stands on its own regardless of the OP. I'm far more interested in other topics though and would rather not have to waste time debunking literally everything on the fucking internet. So thank you @I'mFred for being the first one to say something.

You mean I'mFred was the first one who didn't read it properly.

There was nothing to debunk. It was a warning. Clue in title: "Future Shock".

Dodgy

lol

I wouldn't have even googled the name if I wasn't slightly aroused by 18 year old females receiving unfair punishments. I was hoping for a prison fantasy wank. White suburban chick getting turned out. Oh well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
12-03-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
(12-03-2017 03:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  It's kinda sad that we live in a world where we have to waste so much time fact checking every little fucking thing. Like I'm glad someone looked this up, I didn't cause I just don't care that much, my statement about digital copy-write law stands on its own regardless of the OP. I'm far more interested in other topics though and would rather not have to waste time debunking literally everything on the fucking internet. So thank you @I'mFred for being the first one to say something.

You mean I'mFred was the first one who didn't read it properly.

There was nothing to debunk. It was a warning. Clue in title: "Future Shock".

Dodgy

Fair enough, I couldn't even be arsed enough to read the damn article. I'm educated in IT and spend enough time already steeped in tech issues. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents in about digital copy-write. As I stated my comment is based on fact and stands on its own without the OP.

My point is though my stating its a fair cause without even looking at it critically was a mistake. I mean yes its a topic worth talking about, but the implications of my comment would lead people to think its legit news and that is not right and intellectually lazy on my part.

I'm man enough to admit when I fucked up, I'm quite proud of that cause I value intellectual integrity.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:20 PM by cactus.)
RE: Fake Nooz- UK Teenager Jailed For 5 Years Over Some Poorly Devised Copyright Nonsense
(12-03-2017 03:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There was nothing to debunk. It was a warning. Clue in title: "Future Shock".

No, the title is too subtle. It was a sneaky article, meant to mislead the vast majority of people who read it, at least by the headline alone. The dates in the article are completely irrelevant to most readers, so it takes very little effort to just gloss right over them as you're reading.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post