Fake "miracle"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2017 11:40 AM by dradelshtein.)
Fake "miracle"
Ok Thanks for explanation =)

Sorry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 08:09 AM
RE: Fake "miracle"
(14-06-2017 07:04 AM)dradelshtein Wrote:  Hi; I am atheist and skeptic.

I saw some Christians, Muslims and Buddhists claiming that the devout corpses were laughing. It sounds like nonsense to me. I have learned that some Buddhists believe that the dead bodies of their deceased relatives smiled and that it meant happiness, peace. And the same belief exists even in some Christians. For example, a few years ago, Christians claimed that a religious man smiled after he died. And again the same faith exists in many Muslims' families.

what does that mean? A man can not smile after death because muscles do not work. How is that possible? Some people say this is the result of rigor mortis. I want to know what it means to be an atheist and a skeptic.

The pious men claim that this is the prosperity of the other world, but I do not believe in the other world, the pious tribes. And I think miracles are illusions or ignorance.

Please explain. Is there a scientific explanation of such a thing? Under all the miracles, either forgiveness or ignorance is coming out. How is it possible to explain this?

This is really a common belief among religious people.
Rigor Mortis is most likely the culprit here. I can't really give you an definite answer other than: "Dead people don't laugh or smile, they are dead".

Most likely muscles contracting/purposefully shaped in that position by somebody else OR they just died with a smile on their face.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 08:16 AM
There is abundance of claims made by religious people, but no proof that alleged laughing or smile is work of deity they happened to be indoctrinated to believe in. That should tell you something.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-06-2017, 08:19 AM
[...]
I want to know what it means to be an atheist and a skeptic.

Eh?

What's a devout corpse? A corpse is a corpse is a corpse, as Gertrude Stein might have said, had she been (even more) morbidly inclined.

The body undergoes all sorts of changes after death. Nothing magical about. I've cut the meat of a horse that was shot minutes ago. The meat was literally jumping in my hands. No, it wasn't the corpse of Saint Tommy Equinas Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 8 users Like Vera's post
14-06-2017, 08:29 AM
As a skeptic, you do not need to have an answer as to "how" or "why" it happens. A simple "I don't know what the explanation is" is enough. Those claiming supernatural cause are the ones who are claiming an explanation and who ought to show evidence to support their claim.

And the event itself is not evidence of its cause. You don't know what the cause was (assuming you don't have enough information about biology and decomposition to propose an educated suggestion)- you only know what the alleged event was.
14-06-2017, 08:38 AM
(14-06-2017 07:04 AM)dradelshtein Wrote:  ... some Buddhists believe that the dead bodies of their deceased relatives smiled and that it meant happiness, peace. And the same belief exists even in some Christians. For example, a few years ago, Christians claimed that a religious man smiled after he died. And again the same faith exists in many Muslims' families.

what does that mean? A man can not smile after death because muscles do not work. How is that possible?

It's not uncommon, actually.

Kinda gross looking picture follows:
[Image: 300x300.jpg]

This is a photograph of one of the bodies from the original Franklin expedition that was lost in 1848. The body was found in 1984. Wreckage from the ships was only found in 2014.

Anyway, you can see how the lips are curled and withdrawn. Some might say this looks like a smile. Nothing to do with happiness, though, and everything to do with rigor mortis and the drying of the flesh.
14-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Is there a sign on the door that says TTA is the place to ask stupid questions about religious shit ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(14-06-2017 08:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  Saint Tommy Equinas

Laugh out load

One of our mares just had her foal on Monday.
I'm gonna suggest they name him that !
It's hard to find names to officially register them under that aren't already taken.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post

I saw some Christians, Muslims and Buddhists claiming that the devout corpses were laughing. It sounds like nonsense to me. I have learned that some Buddhists believe that the dead bodies of their deceased relatives smiled and that it meant happiness, peace. And the same belief exists even in some Christians. For example, a few years ago, Christians claimed that a religious man smiled after he died. And again the same faith exists in many Muslims' families.

what does that mean? A man can not smile after death because muscles do not work. How is that possible? Some people say this is the result of rigor mortis. I want to know what it means to be an atheist and a skeptic.

The pious men claim that this is the prosperity of the other world, but I do not believe in the other world, the pious tribes. And I think miracles are illusions or ignorance.

Please explain. Is there a scientific explanation of such a thing? Under all the miracles, either forgiveness or ignorance is coming out. How is it possible to explain this?

This is really a common belief among religious people.

> Um.....any photos? Dodgy
(14-06-2017 08:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Is there a sign on the door that says TTA is the place to ask stupid questions about religious shit ?

Yeah, it's the word "atheist"- it's like an invitation for people to come and try out their stupid pro-religion arguments on the uncivilized heathens.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post