Fake tip money with a religious message on it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Fake tip money with a religious message on it
So I was listening to the Friendly Atheist podcast, and they brought this up:
http://www.amazon.com/Tract-Million-Doll...878859471/
Man, what a dick move. Anybody who's worked for tips before, have you ever gotten anything like this?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
09-08-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Fake tip money with a religious message on it
(09-08-2015 04:24 PM)cactus Wrote:  So I was listening to the Friendly Atheist podcast, and they brought this up:
Man, what a dick move. Anybody who's worked for tips before, have you ever gotten anything like this?

Yes many times. I used to wait on tables, and without exception the worse groups to wait on were church groups. They tipped the worse, and were the most demanding. Many times I got a scripture instead of a tip, or my other favorite.... drawn into a "where do you go to church?" trapped conversation while you plaster on a smile and fill their water glasses.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 04:33 PM
My father always used to leave a Jesus card, although he would also tip. The tip was 10%, maximum. He'd make sure the card was on top of the tip so that there was no possibility of the waiter missing a chance of salvation.

As an adult, sometimes I have to go out to a restaurant with him. If he pays, I always go back and leave extra for the waiter.
[+] 8 users Like julep's post
09-08-2015, 04:36 PM
(09-08-2015 04:33 PM)julep Wrote:  The tip was 10%, maximum. ...If he pays, I always go back and leave extra for the waiter.

Good for you. In my neck of the woods a 10% tip is an insult and commentary on the lack of service I received.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 04:43 PM
(09-08-2015 04:24 PM)cactus Wrote:  So I was listening to the Friendly Atheist podcast, and they brought this up:

That thing's even more dickish than just the bogus tip:

The million-dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. You broke God's Law, but Jesus paid your fine. That means He can legally dismiss your case. He can commute your death sentence: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus alone, and God will grant you the gift of everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

I also waited tables in college, and if I got that thing, I'd make sure to tell them, "Wow, thanks for this message warning me about your awful God. No way I'd worship that prick." (And likely get promptly fired.) Without fail, the religious groups were the worst, exactly as described by GwoG.

And major kudos to you, Julep.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 04:51 PM
I worked at a restaurant in high school, the waitresses absolutely hated working Sundays because of this crap.
They would get bad tips or worse, no tip just a prayer card.
Sometimes we got them by the busload. Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
09-08-2015, 04:52 PM
(09-08-2015 04:33 PM)julep Wrote:  My father always used to leave a Jesus card, although he would also tip. The tip was 10%, maximum. He'd make sure the card was on top of the tip so that there was no possibility of the waiter missing a chance of salvation.

As an adult, sometimes I have to go out to a restaurant with him. If he pays, I always go back and leave extra for the waiter.

I do the same, remember my mom is a pentecostal minister, and she never misses an opportunity to reach out for christ Rolleyes I hate going to dinner with her when I go visit her in Florida.....and she tips 10% max as well...more like 5%, I always go back to the table, apologize to their waiter for the sermon and questions, and give him an additional 20%.

As someone who worked for tips, I have a soft spot for that and my basic tip is usually 20%.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
A death cult doesn't care how other people live.
They only care about your dead soul and how much money they can get from you, which makes them uncaring, selfish, greedy, bastards.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
09-08-2015, 05:42 PM
I've had the same note shoved under my nose...a patient once handed me a fake one million dollar note with this printed on it:

“The million dollar question. Will you go to Heaven? Here’s a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God’s name in vain? Have you looked with lust? Which is the adultery of the heart in God’s eyes. Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That’s not God’s will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon himself: God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Then he rose from the dead and defeated death. Please repent (turn from your sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.”

I did not smile because, for her, this was very serious. The sad thing was that she was gullible enough to believe it, so she thought god was watching her that closely. I thanked her, wrote a repeat prescription for her anti-anxiety pill, and put it in her trembling little hand. I had long ago given up trying to calm her down enough to realize that she was OK, and so was everyone else. Her father and husband were preachers, so I was pitted against fifty years of sermons from the pulpit.

A dog is content with a full stomach and a pat on the head. A baby is happy if warm, fed and loved. Both are able to enjoy the present. Many Christians find it hard to do that because they are too worried about being judged.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-08-2015, 05:52 PM
I have also waited tables. There is nothing worse than the after church crowd when you are depending on tips. Apparently the holy spirit is holding their wallets closed quite securely.

Having waited tables and tended bar I frequently 'over tip'. Any server who goes out of their way, even a little bit, is going to get well above the standard tip percentage.

My dad was a horrible tipper...my sister and I both were known to slip a more appropriate tip onto the table when he wasn't looking.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post