Fake tip money with a religious message on it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Fake tip money with a religious message on it
I just figured it out!

They're really tipping you 20%... just 10% of it goes to Gawd. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 06:04 PM
^hmm
So if Jesus can turn water into wine, maybe he can refill my drink for me when the waiter is busy with other tables. I'll have to test this hypothesis by praying before my next meal. I'll post my results when I get back.

Edit: Just tried it. Results inconclusive. Will try again tomorrow at breakfast just to make sure I didn't make any calibration errors when sending out my telepathic prayer signal.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-08-2015, 12:45 AM
My big problem with this isn't that the Christians are proselytizing. They're Christians. It's what they do. Complaining about that is a bit like complaining at dogs barking in the neighborhood at 2 AM. Pointless.

It's not even that they're doing it with get-your-hopes-up fake money. If you see a million dollar bill, you should know everything about that piece of paper is baloney. In a way, it's nice of them to combine baloneys like this. Helps keep things organized.

No, my problem is that they're giving it as tips. To people earning BELOW the minimum wage. To people whose tips ALREADY aren't making up the theoretical gap to the minimum wage the way they're theoretically supposed to. Christians... not all of them, but a visibly obnoxious segment... are being moved by their faith to piss on the poor.

.... what else is new?

This isn't a rap on ALL Christians. Just the worst of them. Which happens to be the most visible ones and the ones most active promoting the faith in our society.

But really, if they really had the conviction of their faith, they would have more guts with that.

WHY STOP WITH TIPS?

In lieu of money, send one of those tracts to your power company. Or your cel phone company. Or, best of all, the IRS. I mean, really, if this is a legit move, why are you only doing it to some of the most vulnerable people out there?

And too any managers out there, I'd suggest when faced with groups like this adopting a policy in which Sunday through 2 PM involves a mandatory, 20% gratuity. And if people complain, go public about why.
[+] 8 users Like Reltzik's post
10-08-2015, 01:00 AM
(10-08-2015 12:45 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  In lieu of money, send one of those tracts to your power company. Or your cel phone company. Or, best of all, the IRS. I mean, really, if this is a legit move, why are you only doing it to some of the most vulnerable people out there?

Because it's always easier to shit on those who can't fight back.

(10-08-2015 12:45 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  And too any managers out there, I'd suggest when faced with groups like this adopting a policy in which Sunday through 2 PM involves a mandatory, 20% gratuity. And if people complain, go public about why.

[Image: FraK6qD.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 01:12 AM
Why tip waiters, anyway? That they make less than min wage is a myth. Under the circumstance that they are being paid less than min wage, their employer is doing so illegally, and the waiter should take legal action. How it works now is that if an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages an hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

You could argue that it's a rough job, and thus they deserve more. Okay, sure. Then why aren't you tipping literally every entry-level, min wage job? How come the people pushing carts aren't getting tipped?

I wouldn't mind if it was thought a good thing to tip all min-wage jobs, on the basis that they do shitty work for shit pay. But don't just do it for only one when the arguments you use to support it apply to all of them.

Actually, if everyone stopped tipping all waiters the employer would be forced to make up the difference with all employees; without discriminating. What they do currently is fire the waiters that don't earn the min wage in tips, and you're enabling them to do so, as a tipper.
10-08-2015, 01:24 AM
(10-08-2015 01:12 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Why tip waiters, anyway? That they make less than min wage is a myth. Under the circumstance that they are being paid less than min wage, their employer is doing so illegally, and the waiter should take legal action. How it works now is that if an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages an hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

You could argue that it's a rough job, and thus they deserve more. Okay, sure. Then why aren't you tipping literally every entry-level, min wage job? How come the people pushing carts aren't getting tipped?

I wouldn't mind if it was thought a good thing to tip all min-wage jobs, on the basis that they do shitty work for shit pay. But don't just do it for only one when the arguments you use to support it apply to all of them.

Actually, if everyone stopped tipping all waiters the employer would be forced to make up the difference with all employees; without discriminating. What they do currently is fire the waiters that don't earn the min wage in tips, and you're enabling them to do so, as a tipper.

Problem with that: the 'minimum wage', in addition to not having risen for years and with no automatic inflation adjustments, is far behind anything close to a 'living wage' as it was originally envisioned. While all service jobs, by their nature of dealing with the public, inevitably suck to a greater or lesser degree; waiting/busing tables is typically seen as being more involved and personal and is greatly affected by the initiative of the employee.

I'd much rather they just made as much as anyone else instead of being allowed to dip below standards under the assumption that they get other compensation. Then you can modestly tip if someone does go above and beyond the norm. This way those who can only work certain times and days don't get jacked with sub-optimal tipping crowds (like students who work weekends and get stuck with shitty Sunday tippers).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 01:39 AM
(10-08-2015 01:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 01:12 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Why tip waiters, anyway? That they make less than min wage is a myth. Under the circumstance that they are being paid less than min wage, their employer is doing so illegally, and the waiter should take legal action. How it works now is that if an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages an hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

Problem with that: the 'minimum wage', in addition to not having risen for years and with no automatic inflation adjustments, is far behind anything close to a 'living wage' as it was originally envisioned. While all service jobs, by their nature of dealing with the public, inevitably suck to a greater or lesser degree; waiting/busing tables is typically seen as being more involved and personal and is greatly affected by the initiative of the employee.

I'd much rather they just made as much as anyone else instead of being allowed to dip below standards under the assumption that they get other compensation. Then you can modestly tip if someone does go above and beyond the norm. This way those who can only work certain times and days don't get jacked with sub-optimal tipping crowds (like students who work weekends and get stuck with shitty Sunday tippers).
Agreed I guess.

I just think it's hypocritical when people argue with such vehemence that tipping waiters is right, and all the reasons they offer apply to almost every min wage job - yet they aren't tipping those other guys.

It'd be nice if waiters - or any service work that operates under the same model of tipping - just made min-wage by employer pay by default. That way the customers aren't given an unfair choice of either being taxed, or rendering an employee without a job because they didn't help them meet the min wage.

I also think waiters who think their job is just the hardest work are entitled and delusional. I have worked 3 different min wage jobs, and I can say without doubt that they were all more difficult than waiting tables. Again, if you're going to argue for tipping waiters, tip all the min wage slaves or else the argument just doesn't stand.
10-08-2015, 03:36 AM
I like what Bill Mahrer says: take the "money" and when the collection plate comes around on Sunday, give them back.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-08-2015, 04:12 AM
I don't understand why poor people don't become rich so they don't need to have min. wage jobs... Smh
[+] 1 user Likes Typho2k's post
10-08-2015, 08:07 AM
(10-08-2015 01:39 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 01:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Problem with that: the 'minimum wage', in addition to not having risen for years and with no automatic inflation adjustments, is far behind anything close to a 'living wage' as it was originally envisioned. While all service jobs, by their nature of dealing with the public, inevitably suck to a greater or lesser degree; waiting/busing tables is typically seen as being more involved and personal and is greatly affected by the initiative of the employee.

Agreed I guess.

I just think it's hypocritical when people argue with such vehemence that tipping waiters is right, and all the reasons they offer apply to almost every min wage job - yet they aren't tipping those other guys.

Often, restaurants depend on the tips to make the minimum wage so they don't have to. I worked for $0.85/hour and had to hustle tips to make up the difference. Once a month, my paycheck was $0.50. They only gave us $0.50 so they could write the check and withhold all the rest for taxes on the tips.

I haven't heard a similar story from a dry cleaner or sales clerk.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post